Tottenham Hotspur v Norwich City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's something wrong in the team, and I'm talking about root problems here.

Medical staff, coaches, head coach? There's a bad vibe around, sometimes we can hold it off for a few games but then there's this game every month where the players just seem absolutely lost, disbelieving and tired. We ship a few goals and about every player gets a yellow card.

Hire some professional to come and just silently observe everything surrounding the players.

Jamie_Redknapp_125.jpg

A Squad with Ginola, anderton, sheringham and klingsmann just about avoided relegation. Point is the players are being led by someone that doesn't know how to utilise their strengths. the good times are over

in a way it's a relief to watch a game like this and bring the expectations down to earth

after watching Liverpool earlier and Woolwich yesterday, fifth place flatters us

Yeah was thinking that myself,its only cos everton have played some tough teams lately and manures constant poor form that is keeping us from being 7th imo

Other teams don't have that problem. We just aren't good enough, be it for whatever reason.
our striker,Soldado,look like a bad investment until now ,he look lost ,without morale,he don't adapted well to english lifestyle (or english football league) while in his Spain league he was efficient playing for Valencia ... (probable more creative players with good assists,crosses behind him, there in Spain)

Glad to see our British core performing so ably, at least by having them at the club I can feel so much more patriotic.

I think Lennon has about another 5 or 6 games left until he has his 1 in 10 performance for us so something to look forward to I guess.

And if you read his comment instead of blindly agreeing then you would see he is blaming it "Solely" on Sherwood, even when you have said yourself "We aren't really bothered" - Whose fault is that?
I was actually agreeing with the first point, about us not looking like a Champions League team. If Sherwood (or AVB) could get this group of players to the CL above the likes of Liverpool, Woolwich or Chelsea they deserve a bloody medal as we just don't have the players required in my opinion.

our striker,Soldado,look like a bad investment until now ,he look lost ,without morale,he don't adapted well to english lifestyle (or english football league) while in his Spain league he was efficient playing for Valencia ... (probable more creative players with good assists,crosses behind him, there in Spain)
He needs his spirit lifted by a good captain or a manager who knows how to motivate. I'm not sure we have either right now.

We'll never have success while playing in the Europa League. I hope whoever is managing us next season sends the U14 ladies team.

At least we saved Chris Hughton's job. One of my favorite people. Only bright spot of today. Horrible. Absolutely horrible.

Then why all the desire for 4th and Champions League, I ask?
The teams in that competition are fucking great.
As has been said over the past two hours, we are not good enough to play CL.

With Bale & Modric and investment that brings Jan & Hugo, yes.
But always selling your best player and expecting a stronger team is foolish.

I don't know if AVB walked out of the job or not, but I can understand if he did.
If you want to play CL and challenge for the top you can't always be selling your best player.
And if we can't afford to say "No" to Madrid's world-record offers, fine.
But at some point we should stop expecting to play with the best when we sell the best we have.

#lovetheshirt

:coys:

Right. Now we can get serious about preparing for next season, unencumbered by unrealistic expectations.

We bought loads of players in the Summer but I don't really know what most of them do. I don't think our two managers this season know either. TS admitted that with regard to Capoue.

Over the past couple of seasons, we've downgraded the team. No King, Modric, no VdV, no Bale, no replacements. I've been critical of him but I would also argue that Huddlestone is the kind of player for matches like today's where you want someone to unlock the midfield and get passes through to Ade. Controversial but Caulker may be better than Dawson, when playing next to Verts.

Given that our players aren't that good, perhaps we'll have done well if we secure 5th?

Where I am critical of our managers, it's the repeated playing of people out of position and failing to plug gaps at left back and central defence caused by people like King and Kaboul being injured all the time. Wake up!

If we had to lose, I'm glad it's to Chris Hughton. One of the best defenders I ever saw at Tottenham and a top bloke.

Let's win the Europa League. Be nice to have a little trophy to look at.

Sorry I've ranted.

Chin up Bredren.

COYS.

Soldado IS a good player. But at this fee was a horrific investment.

Personally, all the bitterness aside, I genuinely feel for him. First playing in a formation completely negating his strenghts game after game, having to replace a player foolishly shunned by the manager. And how sitting most time on the bench having to make late cameos for a manager, who doesn't rate him and clearly has no clue.

Obviously he still has himself all to blame for a whole string of misses, but it is hardly all his fault.

Horrific investment in the first place, Spurs just made the very least of it too.

Can't agree with that mate. We lost today because we had no type of style or initiative, no direction or leadership. We didn't lose because we were fatigued from a fixture 3 days ago. Playing twice a week sometimes 3 times is what the best teams do.

To quote @ cahspur cahspur

"Five out of seven losses after Europa fixtures now including West Ham, Newcastle, and Norwich. Can there be any more overwhelming evidence?"

So unless both AVB and Sherwood are utterly clueless which I don't believe then I disagree most vehemently. Last year our losses to Wigan and Fulham at home both came after EL fixtures. Same with us completely pissing it away at Anfield and the Ethiad.

Most of our worst losses over the last two years have come after the Europa league. Why should I believe differently. Present me with something to understand losses to Wigan, Fulham, Newcastle and West Ham at home and this embarrassment today. What's the reason besides Europa league?

I was actually agreeing with the first point, about us not looking like a Champions League team. If Sherwood (or AVB) could get this group of players to the CL above the likes of Liverpool, Woolwich or Chelsea they deserve a bloody medal as we just don't have the players required in my opinion.
If @ BushHillSpurs BushHillSpurs actually goes back and reads my posts again he'd see that I am not blaming it solely on Sherwood at all. But I'm equally not prepared to blame it solely on the players. The buck stops with Sherwood as far as the team selection, morale and formation is concerned. There's no getting around that.

Besides, why did Bushy ignore, twice, my question of whether or not this looked like a CL quality side. The proof is in the pudding and if you back Sherwood and/or the squad then you can only do so credibly on the basis that we're still going to get CL - which is their brief from Levy.

I'll be in the stadium on Thurs and I'll be behind the team 100%. But right now we are going backwards, not forward.

Back
Top Bottom