Tottenham Hotspur v Queens Park Rangers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and I'm a big Tottenham fan living in the USA. I've been to White Hart Lane a few times and have absolutely loved it. I've told all my college friends that WHL is crazier, more fun, and louder than any college football game I've been to.

But...enough about me, my question is who does everyone think the starting 11 against QPR on Sunday will be?

Well.. I wont talk on your atmosphere comments..

We will fjnd out thursday who plays. Whoever doesnt travel/play will play against QPR.

My guess
Lloris
Dier - Dawson - Kaboul - Rose
Capoue - Holtby
Lamela - Eriksen - Townsend
Soldado

Welcome, I am reasonably new on here too. For the QPR game Id quite like to see;

Lloris
Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Davies
Capoue Dembele
Townsend Lamela Eriksen
Soldado/Adebayor

But injury concern for Walker so I guess Dier at right back probably more likely, I would like to see how as a 3 Townsend, Lamela and Eriksen work together as I believe they have a bit of everything. Pace/power, skill and creativity. Not fussed on Adebayor or Soldado, just want a striker in a spurs shirt to do well.

Lloris
Dier Kaboul Vertonghen Davies
Capoue Bentaleb
Townsend Lamela Eriksen
Adebayor

Holtby subbed on early in the second half for the worst performer of the three behind the striker.

Lloris
Dier Dawson Vertonghen Rose/Davies
Capoue Holtby
Townsend Lamela Eriksen
Kane/Adebayor

I'd be tempted to play Kane and Adebayor and bench Lamela, but probably Erik needs a home Prem game. I think Kane deserves to start though, decisions, decisions ....

Lloris
Dier Dawson Vertonghen Rose/Davies
Capoue Holtby
Townsend Lamela Eriksen
Kane/Adebayor

I'd be tempted to play Kane and Adebayor and bench Lamela, but probably Erik needs a home Prem game. I think Kane deserves to start though, decisions, decisions ....
Dawson is injured. Would you play him injured? Your obsession with the fella is bordering on insanity. And Dier plays RB out of necessity, for an hour, and suddenly he's now a right back? Cool these delusions.

Just for the record, I'm assuming Daws is fit again. If he isn't naturally he shouldn't play v QPR, but if he is fit as our captain and one of our best and first choice CBs, I'd expect him to start v QPR.:thumbup:

Incidentally, I knew about the Naughton non-appeal hours ago, hence playing Dier at RB.

This hasn't been mention yet but I feel Davies would b at better option at RB than dier or Kaboul..

Would love to see

Lloris
Davies kab verts rose
Capoue dembele
Lamela eriksen Townsend
Soldado

Just for the record, I'm assuming Daws is fit again. If he isn't naturally he shouldn't play v QPR, but if he is fit as our captain and one of our best and first choice CBs, I'd expect him to start v QPR.:thumbup:

Incidentally, I knew about the Naughton non-appeal hours ago, hence playing Dier at RB.
Give it a rest. We know you think Daws is the best. Whether or not you're right is a whole different debate but you don't have to clarify it every time you post something.

---------------Hugo--------------
Dier----Kabs----Jan----Rose
------Capoue----Holtby-------
Lamela--Eriksen--Townsend
-------------Soldado------------

Dier was solid at right back and should do well there. I didn't think Kaboul was great but he deserves another chance and playing next to Vertonghen should help. Rose was solid last week and deserves another start on the left IMO. As for the midfield, I think that pressing this QPR team will cause them major problems and I like Holtby to do that job more than Benteleb. Townsend looked good the other day and should easily start over Lennon while I want to see what Lamela and Eriksen can do with 11 men on the pitch for 90 minutes, especially behind Soldado who will help them create and hopefully finish one off.

---------------Hugo--------------
Dier----Kabs----Jan----Rose
------Capoue----Holtby-------
Lamela--Eriksen--Townsend
-------------Soldado------------

Dier was solid at right back and should do well there. I didn't think Kaboul was great but he deserves another chance and playing next to Vertonghen should help. Rose was solid last week and deserves another start on the left IMO. As for the midfield, I think that pressing this QPR team will cause them major problems and I like Holtby to do that job more than Benteleb. Townsend looked good the other day and should easily start over Lennon while I want to see what Lamela and Eriksen can do with 11 men on the pitch for 90 minutes, especially behind Soldado who will help them create and hopefully finish one off.
Not so sure about Dier at right back. This is more a indication of our dissatisfaction with Naughton. Dier did a job for us, when called upon, and he did it very well, but 10 days ago nobody thought he would start at RCB - now - in the absence of Walker, he's suddenly a capable RB. He did do a great job there though. :dawsonlol:

Not so sure about Dier at right back. This is more a indication of our dissatisfaction with Naughton. Dier did a job for us, when called upon, and he did it very well, but 10 days ago nobody thought he would start at RCB - now - in the absence of Walker, he's suddenly a capable RB. He did do a great job there though. :dawsonlol:

What is the other option though? Naughton is suspended three league games and Walker is injured. Would you really rather play Fredericks or another academy kid over Dier?

What is the other option though? Naughton is suspended three league games and Walker is injured. Would you really rather play Fredericks or another academy kid over Dier?
Dier is only 20, younger than Fredericks, I have no idea how often he's played at right back in his career. If we can't trust the academy players, then why have the academy? If Poch starts with Dier at RB against QPR that's fine, but we bought him as a CB, and starting him at at RB is a hell of a learning curve in the League after one game. I'm not saying he can't play there, but it would be better if we could call on someone with greater experience. I'd play Davies at RB and Rose at LB.

It's not a 3 game suspension, it's one game. Kaboul or Dier can cover RB.

Back
Top Bottom