Tottenham Hotspur v Queens Park Rangers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly, just watched the highlights and i was close to tears. Not the fact that beating QPR is the biggest achievement, but the fact that the squad looks so happy in social media and on the Pitch they are bonding and it finally looks like they are a team.

Dier scoring, Lamela assisting & scoring, Eriksen doing crazy freekicks and on top of that Levy doing the ice bucket challenge while giving Florentino Perez the stick. Fucking wonderful COYS

this been done?

Bvz_cAWCcAM0YdM.jpg

Well that was good wasn't it.:pochohshit:
Lloris= basically didn't need to be on, looks more comfortable with ball at feet than he did last year.
Kaboul= Steadier than last week, contained a sprightly Remy.
Vertonghen= Looks classy again.
Rose= Never seen a player win so many slide tackles i one game, looked possessed and the signing of Davies has clearly shot a rocket up his arse, the athleticism was always there but hopefully he keeps this temperament up.
Dier= Unfathomably solid, reminds me of Ivanovic, honestly think he won every tackle he went in for today, bargain.
Capoue= Great conduit, always makes himself an option, god knows how many times he touched the ball today, especially in the Chadli 2nd goal.
Bentaleb= Seems to play well alongside Capoue, does that vertical passing thing, great awareness for such a young player, not as accurate with his passing as usual but he is actively looking to pass forward all the time now, and his pressing was impressive today.
Eriksen= Still not at his swashbuckling best but he showed glimpses today that he's getting there, again his pressing was impressive, really got stuck in, think he's going to be more our Modric now, the player who passes to the player who assists the goal sort of thing, dictated the tempo today. Bloody unlucky with his free kick also.
Lamela= Such a talent, that is evident and the more he plays the more he's growing in confidence, two games 4 assists in 4 days. That little run for the Chadli second was brilliant. And more so than anyone else i was surprised at the speed and ferocity he tried to win the ball back, really rangy tackler for a flashy forward.
Chadli= Thrived today, not as noticeable on the ball as Eriksen and Lamela but he made some really dangerous runs behind QPR and now we have that talent to pick out a ball. Took both his goals brilliantly and the pass to Rose for the fourth was beautiful. Lets hope he can keep this standard up.
Adebayor= Brilliant, perfect for this system, looks up for it, made the QPR back three redundant by constantly dropping off and dragging them about creating space for our sexy players behind him, took his goal really well.
Hard to remember a more convincing performance, Newcastle away last year maybe. Fucking brilliant to watch though, more of that forever please, and we're top of the fucking league:freundgoal:.

I am very curious as to what row 20 seat 35 said that got under your skin so much. You can't leave us hanging!

Well. He was one of them moaners that no matter what we were doing (winning 4-0 even) he was slating the players saying the formation was shit etc. But a few personal favs listed below:

He thought Yedlin was playing right back.

Had no idea who Dier was when his mate tried to explain.

Kept getting Adebayor and Rose mixed up... I know, how.

Kept calling Vertoghen Walker, again how?

Now these are not issues on there own, as I don't care about "who knows more". But if you clearly know jack shit stop being so dam vocal you toothless pikey.

Fucking southerners. :bae:

Don't really know where to say this so I'll put it here. I think Townsend and Holtby at this point are both perfectly built to be 60th minute impact subs. The main reason for this being that their biggest strengths as players currently are their energy. Holtby is pure work ethic and vigor while Townsend brings a great directness with his dribbling and shooting when he comes on.

That's great but I think they also both struggle from being immature footballers. For me, as starters they both struggle to put in a full shift. Both have the tendency to flit in and out of games they start and I don't think either has really put in a full perfomance for us. All their best perfomances IMO have come as subs. With Holtby he just hasn't quite figured out how to channel all his energy in a productive fashion yet. He struggles to maintain tactical awareness and can't keep up the insane level of intensity that endears him to us. With Townsend he hasn't quite developed enough variety yet, his direct style works better in shorter of periods of times while over the course of a whole game it doesn't translate as well.

Ultimately, they are two young players that absolutely ooze class at times but frustrate at others. I think that is mostly because they both are still going through the maturation process of understanding football and their own games. Unlike a young player like Eriksen who knows exactly his strengths and how to fit into the team Holtby and Townsend are still figuring it out. So while they will probably continue to dazzle in shorter appearances, I think it is likely that they need more game time and coaching before they can maintain that level over a full match. Hope Pochettino continues to use them as impact subs because they are two players that can really change a game with their energy and ability despite the fact they both are a bit raw and still developing acute football brains.

Wow, I feel nothing but pride for what must be the most complete all-round performance, I have seen from Spurs in a very long time.

Lamela was fantastic, Eric Dier was a star again, Super Jan looked like he is enjoying his football under Poch and the whole team played with belief, verve and togetherness.

Even the atmosphere at WHL was great today, I am sure everyone who was there will agree. #COYS

Bv0buYuCYAETFbW.jpg

Last edited:
Might be controversial and against the grain, but it actually did look like QPR had some rapesticks stuffed up their pussies today. Or whatever it was that fella was banging on about.
:llorishuh:

Only seen the highlights but Lamela is a fucking monster. Excited for what's to come.

Back
Top Bottom