Tottenham Hotspur v Queens Park Rangers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wow, I feel nothing but pride for what must be the most complete all-round performance, I have seen from Spurs in a very long time.

Lamela was fantastic, Eric Dier was a star again, Super Jan looked like he is enjoying his football under Poch and the whole team played with belief, verve and togetherness.

Even the atmosphere at WHL was great today, I am sure everyone who was there will agree. #COYS

Bv0buYuCYAETFbW.jpg

Last edited:
I don't want to get too carried away but fair play to Poch. Lamela, Chadli, and Capoue are all playing well. There is no way our same team last season could win with 10-men or win 4-0 against a side that came to park the bus.

Saw a different side to Levy today as well... hope he has finally found his man now.

I read somewhere that if there was any weakness in today's performance from us, then it was with defending corners (and set pieces). And honestly that is true ... we did alright in those situations, but we do need to be a bit more dominant in heading the ball away. But ....

Getting a bulldozer and a giant of a CB in Fazio will surely help resolve that issue.
So if anyone is concerned about this, there are reasons to he hopeful for.

We've been useless at defending set pieces a long time now. I also think the finishing/forwards we've come up against in these two games have been woeful so, we'll need to be much better at the back or will be punished vs better sides. Can't ask for more than what we've done already whilst funding our feet under Poch.

Fuck off mick, your a cunt and you know it..

oh dear
how can I compete with such acerbic wit and intellectual commentary
do you want directions to the ignore function?

Something wrong with you mate, big chip overhanging on your shoulder.

If you can't not be negative and can't get excited after that performance and result, your just a trolling negative cunt..
Probably a fucking gooner checking his internet connection..

oh really? You want to make jokes at my expense, but when you get it back - magically, I develop a chip on my shoulder.

Easy mate...this is going abit too far..

Oh grow up
What did I say that was negative about how we played?
The only negative comments I have made were about QPRs performance.
They are poor and we will not get that kind of space or play many teams that disorganised again, in my view.
I haven't criticised any of our players or the team performance.
Just because I gave you a hard time elsewhere don't just jump in 2 footed over all my posts.

I love a good post-victory argument.... Far more like you mean it, and aren't just letting off steam 'cos we lost!

Might be controversial and against the grain, but it actually did look like QPR had some rapesticks stuffed up their pussies today. Or whatever it was that fella was banging on about.
:llorishuh:

Only seen the highlights but Lamela is a fucking monster. Excited for what's to come.

Might be controversial and against the grain, but it actually did look like QPR had some rapesticks stuffed up their pussies today. Or whatever it was that fella was banging on about.
:llorishuh:

Only seen the highlights but Lamela is a fucking monster. Excited for what's to come.

I knew that bloke was sound as a pound :townhmm:

I find that quite surprising. The Europa under AVB in 2012/13 was phenomenal, so many last-minute goals to drag us through. I understand the football wasn't always free-flowing, but to say you've 'never' been amazed or slightly excited is surely false?
Scoring last minute winners and boring football isnt something to amaze me to be honest.

We won't get too many more teams fit for a hiding like QPR were today I thought we were great not since the days of arry himself have I seen us play so well. Lamela is a sexy bastard no other wayto say it. Happy out tonight

We won't get too many more teams fit for a hiding like QPR were today I thought we were great not since the days of arry himself have I seen us play so well. Lamela is a sexy bastard no other wayto say it. Happy out tonight

Honestly, just watched the highlights and i was close to tears. Not the fact that beating QPR is the biggest achievement, but the fact that the squad looks so happy in social media and on the Pitch they are bonding and it finally looks like they are a team.

Dier scoring, Lamela assisting & scoring, Eriksen doing crazy freekicks and on top of that Levy doing the ice bucket challenge while giving Florentino Perez the stick. Fucking wonderful COYS

Honestly, just watched the highlights and i was close to tears. Not the fact that beating QPR is the biggest achievement, but the fact that the squad looks so happy in social media and on the Pitch they are bonding and it finally looks like they are a team.

Dier scoring, Lamela assisting & scoring, Eriksen doing crazy freekicks and on top of that Levy doing the ice bucket challenge while giving Florentino Perez the stick. Fucking wonderful COYS

the team spirit seems better than it's ever done

after todays result it does just seem like everything has finally started to come together

Back
Top Bottom