Tottenham Hotspur v Queens Park Rangers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bvz96BHIQAAPwCg.jpg:large

Look at all those passes from Bentaleb and Capoue in the build up to Chadli's second.
Shows that sideways passes and just keeping possession aren't always a negative thing if it leads to something in the end.

Looking at that previous picture I posted again, Around 19 of the 48 passes came from just Capoue and Bentaleb alone. 9 other players on the pitch and 19 of the passes just from those 2.

Last edited:
Rose, Lamela, Capoue, and Chadli arguably the top performers today. Last season all four were visibly bad or not visible at all.

Shows that sideways passes and just keeping possession aren't always a negative thing if it leads to something in the end.

This highlights it and have seen the same pattern that we tend not to pass into midfield since modric left, makes sense though as most congested part of field, what a great move that was

that right about the palestinian flag?

anyway can't work out if we were half decent or qprse were shite. bit of both no doubt but any side that sits back when 2 nil down deserves all they get.

lalalalamela was superb today

Benjamin Benjamin

Why the reservations about Kaboul? Think he could really cement his spot this year..

The few times QPR tried to attack it was Remy trying to get passed Kaboul, cause he knew he could. I think Kaboul is a solid defender, but I've stated my reservations about him in other threads. He's really injury prone and unless he gets shit on by Falkor I'm worried he'll have another unlucky season in terms of getting hurt. By moving Dier over next to Vert I feel that would create a stronger center. But, I'm willing to admit that you usually don't want to fuck around with a good thing, and I don't think we'll see a change unless they bring in a new CB or Kaboul winds up falling apart against Liverpool.

I feel as if this is harping on the one SLIGHTLY negative thing I saw during the game. So, it needs to be countered with a huge dose of positive...soooo.....AHEM....

TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!! TOP OF THEEEE LEEAAAGGGUUUEEEE!!! WE'RE TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR! WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!

This highlights it and have seen the same pattern that we tend not to pass into midfield since modric left, makes sense though as most congested part of field, what a great move that was
Which is why I keep saying that we need a central midfielder who is really fluent on the ball, because most of our current players don't make themselves available to receive a pass in congested areas. And it comes down to them not trusting their ability. If we had someone like that, we could get the ball forward faster and more consistently against better teams.

Back
Top Bottom