Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (28-09-19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m no fan of the football under Poch, I’m no fan of his tactics or lineups. Or player purchases. M

But I am forever grateful for what he has done to us. For that reason alone I hope the lane is rocking on Saturday and every fan let’s him know how much we appreciate what has done for us.

We had 3 seasons of top class football, but yeah since around Christmas last year we’ve been pretty hard to watch

I think he’ll steady the ship and get us back at it, starting on Saturday. Definitely need to give him a warm welcome like you say, will do his confidence some good

I’m no fan of the football under Poch, I’m no fan of his tactics or lineups. Or player purchases. M

But I am forever grateful for what he has done to us. For that reason alone I hope the lane is rocking on Saturday and every fan let’s him know how much we appreciate what has done for us.

Credit where it's due.... Good post that.

Never known it so difficult to suggest a team. We really do not know the behind the scenes problems. Is it Eriksen etc or is it others objecting to them playing. Only Poch knows and he has to sort it quickly or quit. Not playing players does not help them get back to speed. If Dier and Dele are getting back to fitness, I would play them but not Wanyama who is clearly not up to it.
The crowd needs to get behind the team and they need to take the chances early in the game and not make any fuck ups in defence.

We are a shambles with Jan and Toby at the back and Eriksen has been pathetic so why not play Sanchez with foyth going forwards and Lamela instead of Eriksen , we may still struggle but it won't be for a lack of effort

Time to draw a line in the sand , won't happen though

We are a shambles with Jan and Toby at the back and Eriksen has been pathetic so why not play Sanchez with foyth going forwards and Lamela instead of Eriksen , we may still struggle but it won't be for a lack of effort

I'd like to see Dier ac a CB before Toby or Jan get back into the team

No one can deny poch has worked wonders at spurs and has given us plenty of great nights that I will never forget, granted he is going though a rough patch at the minute but we owe it to him to at least give him a chance to steady the ship, and I hope we all get behind him and the team come 3pm Saturday and get the new stadium rocking! Win our next 4 games and the poch our thread will be just a distant memory

Jan and Toby are two excellent CBs, but they need protection. With Winks and Sissoko ahead of them, they are much more exposed than they were with Dembele and Dier/Wanyama. Another problem is that the press from the front four is much less effective nowadays, and we simply haven't got the control of our games that we had a couple of years ago.

I'm actually fucking gagging for this game.

Just to see what Poch's reaction is. One way or another, we'll been far more educated on his plan of attack to arrest this when his selection is announced.

If we see a front 3 or 4 including Eriksen and Dele, then I reckon it's clear he doesn't.

Our best passages of play v. Leicester were on the break, with Lamela, Son and Kane steamrolling their defence.

More ponderous bollocks like Eriksen and Dele behind a Kane dropping deep and I'm afraid, I for one, will be moving my current position of Poch in.

Even if we don't get the result with what I want, WE MUST, do something different.

Time to trust Oliver Skipp, we need a DM, and he is quite the talent. Time to trust Lucas Moura. Time to make Lamela our chief playmaker.

Prove us wrong Poch.

Just don't make any fouls near the penalty area. James Ward-Prowse turns into a combination of David Beckham and Juninho on those bloody free-kicks every time I watch them.

First visit over to the new ground for me and and my little boy. Don't know who's more excited lol hoping for the best performance wise .. COYS

We should have beat them about 4-0 in the first half at their place last season, instead we lost. Ruined a good trip to the south coast.

Revenge is a dish best served this weekend.

The boys need to be raring to go, as does Poch. I think they will be

Back
Top Bottom