Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One more thing ...
Although our performance deserved three points, we can't argue Lady Luck not helping us out.

Any other ref or day, and that handball on Sandro would've been a penalty ... and thus possibly only a point attained.

Any other day though and Defoe would have had a hatrick, just how football goes

A great and deserved win, tremendous performance against the odds, we had a whole back four injured and still won away from home.

Much praise to Naughton for stepping up and playing out of position and doing a good job, and delighted to see Cap filling in brilliantly.

Special praise for Daws, the man so many Spurs fans want out of the team, so lucky for us he's staying and doing his job, and the people who want him out aren't getting their wish.

I'm on record as saying we've no realistic chance of top 4, and 6th is about our upper limit this season. Beat Liverpool and I'll get to thinking I'm wrong, naturally I hope i am and we make 4th and CL.:coys::coys::coys:

What a brilliant week, Spurs winning twice, West Ham losing twice. Hope Sunderland can turn their season around now, starting at Downton Park :)

You are only attacking me personally
Says the guy who just insulted me based on my profession and claimed he would hit me for six in any debate. :harrylol:

You're a troll and an obvious one as well. That is why conversations with you are not possible. That is why you lose respect. A bit like spammyspurs you're always right and it doesn't matter what the other person's opinion is. That is why debates with you aren't worthwhile. If you want to actually converse with others maybe you should actually try and discuss things with them, rather than the "I'm always right and you are to be insulted if you disagree" act.

When I see you concede a point or admit that you are wrong on something that is when I will re-evaluate your credibility. I don't see that happening anytime soon. Too wrapped up in yourself.

Darling pumpkins, I had to work until now so this is the first match I haven't been able to see for some time. Does anyone know of anywhere that I could watch the full match now or in the near future? You will get your name etched into a pancake should you be able to help

One more thing ...
Although our performance deserved three points, we can't argue Lady Luck not helping us out.

Any other ref or day, and that handball on Sandro would've been a penalty ... and thus possibly only a point attained.

yeah but wes brown pretty much grabbed Daws and held him in a bear hug on a corner first half which could easily of been a pen too

sorry can you quote where I have had a personal dig at you.
Questioning your knowledge of the game came from your posts, none of what I said is personal - I have no issues about you as a person

But you don't me personally.

So how should I react to you calling me ignorant, asinine, etc ?

Good result shame about the finishing, I do wonder how Soldado would have faired with some of those chances.

You can see the trouble AVB has had finding the best team as all three of Sandro Dembele and Paulinho are potential starters Pauli is a goal threat and needs to sort out his shooting boots. Then you have the other options of having Lennon and Townsend on the wings which gives pace and width, but your leaving out Holtby, (who was excellent today and needs to play) Eriksen, Lamela (he'll come good) and Chadli. The only area we don't have a selection problem as we all know when fit is in defence. I guess as other people have stated is we don't have a best 11 anymore we have a squad and the team needs to be picked on form, who the opponents are for tactical reasons and fitness.

Anyway 3pts COYS!! :holtbytongue::freundgoal:

When ever Danny Rose recovers from trench foot I think our side is going to look excellent. With how well Walker has looked it will be great to have two bombing fullbacks. I think it will make a world of difference.

Half our subs bench could walk into Manure's starting 11. [Lamela,Sandro,Townsend]:avblol:
A subs bench without the likes on Vertonghen, Vlad and Eriksen. :eriksenlol:
And apparently we in crisis?!? :avbfacepalm::avbfu:

Says the guy who just insulted me based on my profession and claimed he would hit me for six in any debate. :harrylol:

You're a troll and an obvious one as well. That is why conversations with you are not possible. That is why you lose respect. A bit like spammyspurs you're always right and it doesn't matter what the other person's opinion is. That is why debates with you aren't worthwhile. If you want to actually converse with others maybe you should actually try and discuss things with them, rather than the "I'm always right and you are to be insulted if you disagree" act.

When I see you concede a point or admit that you are wrong on something that is when I will re-evaluate your credibility. I don't see that happening anytime soon. Too wrapped up in yourself.
My comment was based on your totally "way off the mark" assessment of who I am and what I stand for.
It was also designed to get you to renege on your comment not to discuss anything with me.
So it looks like I got that right.
The dislike button thing - do you think your behaviour is mature and adds to the quality of any discussion? I'm not going to bother responding to it, if you or anyone else wants to play that game, then its your issue not mine - I will still sleep well at night, my salary will remain solid, my wife will still be as lovely to me and I will still get all of the joy from my family that I always do. Sadly though, the gloss of being a Spurs supporter will be tainted by one small amount more, knowing that another person - capable of such a childish spiteful and generally meaning less act, also supports the same club. A bit like seeing someone arrested for violence being described as a spurs supporter - it just makes your heart sink, doesn't change your life a jot, but you just think, "what a shame."
I have no issue with anyone disagreeing with my opinions - but hitting dislike hardly gives me any reason to understand why I might be wrong, other than to see that its you - and to think - oh yes, its what he does. If I'm wrong, Say why and I'll discuss it civilly and politely, if you have nothing to say, then say nothing.

But you don't me personally.

So how should I react to you calling me ignorant, asinine, etc ?
No - I didn't say you were ignorant - you may be well read and educated for all I know. If you are, the posts you lay down on this site do not display a great or fundamental knowledge of football (soccer.) You use incorrect terminology, and you criticise players unjustly and completely fail to recognise the good work they do. The more you watch the game, the more you will recognise that - particularly if you play the game to any reasonable level as well.
If I suddenly decided to take up being a basketball fan, i would not go onto an equivalent site to this and start spouting shit about players and how to play the game, without making damn sure I knew what I was talking about.
I said your comments were asinine, which is what I believed them to be.

Back
Top Bottom