Tottenham Hotspur v. Swansea (H) - The Wayne Routledge Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Haven't read the the thread back but anyone else like Defoe when he was on? I know everyone here thinks he's shit but I thought he did well. Soldado seems similar though in that he's the sort of player could be quiet for a while but then score out of nothing. Except he's more cocky, so you trust him to bury a penalty more for example. In the first half he faced down Vorm at a goal kick but acted like he was gonnna stamp the ball out of his hands. Like.

We looked crazy good in defence until we scored the goal. Really don't like this sit back whenever we take the lead mentality.
Once we started pressing somewhere by the 85th minute mark, they didn't create a thing.

Agreed.

Seemed to coincide with Siggy coming on - not sure if it was that or sitting back more after we scored, tend to think we weren't closing down as quickly or as far up the pitch as prior to he goal however.

Liked the point by AVB in the interview about crashing the box more this season (leading to more PKs, in part). With the likes of Paulinho eager to storm into the 18 yd box (compare to Parker), we should get a lot more going on in front of the goal mouth. So those early speculative 30-yd blasts were reminiscent of last year, of course, but it looks like we're going to press more deeply. Soldado likely the main beneficiary.

Not long in from the game. Cba to read any opinions. Mine is that it was shit. Playing Dembele, Paulinho and Capoue didnt do it for me. Nothing was getting to Soldado. Chadli seemed to not want to play on the wing. Walker did fuck all and doesnt partner Townsend well at all. And i am not proud that we have won two games 1-0 from penalties. Defence was solid in the middle though. I thought Capoue had a great game. We could of done with a Willian type player, or any CAM. I just hope we play better against the arse.

Not long in from the game. Cba to read any opinions. Mine is that it was shit. Playing Dembele, Paulinho and Capoue didnt do it for me. Nothing was getting to Soldado. Chadli seemed to not want to play on the wing. Walker did fuck all and doesnt partner Townsend well at all. And i am not proud that we have won two games 1-0 from penalties. Defence was solid in the middle though. I thought Capoue had a great game. We could of done with a Willian type player, or any CAM. I just hope we play better against the arse.

Pretty much the opposite of everyone else then, on some points anyway.

How on earth can anyone enjoy a game when we have practically no chances to score other than from penalties? Yeah we held the ball. Yeah we passed it around. But we made nothing.

Other than the fact we created at least half a dozen good chances in the first half and Vorm was in top form.

I bet you're a right joy to be stood near at the Lane.

How on earth can anyone enjoy a game when we have practically no chances to score other than from penalties? Yeah we held the ball. Yeah we passed it around. But we made nothing.

Probably because people understand that we're not the finished article yet and the squad is still trying to gel. We're playing a different style yet still creating 20+ chances a game. When it clicks we will barrel through more teams than we used to

I wathched it on television, so i wans't there. But, I thought the game was extremely entertaning. We did show that urgency to get forward and had fullbacks constantly overlapping and getting up. We seemed to lack someone to consistently get Soldado the ball through the middle, but did very well on the outsides to somewhat make up for that. I loved the trio of Dembele/Paulinho/Capoue against Swansea to break up all of their possession. Swansea outside of one or two counter attacks and the last 5 minutes had absolutely nothing going forward.

I've got some similar concerns @ TheLutonYid TheLutonYid but tbf I think we are yet to play in the formation that makes the best out of Soldado

I was happy in the first half because despite not creating much we looked crazily comfortable. Swansea tested more in the second half but that's to be expected, they're a decent side. michu again looking tricky. There were some pretty encouraging aspects to our play, we just need to sort that link out between midfield and Soldado

19 shots and 8 corners.

I would like to convert more obviously, but Paulinho alone could have had a hatrick, and Dembeles shot was saved well.

We did create alot, and that cant be denied. We didnt take our chances, and that will bite us one day, but thats not the same issue you are getting angry about.

It's early days yet, our defence is now pretty solid but we just need our midfielders to get on the same wavelength as Soldado and we'll be flying. Too many speculative shots for my liking, I guess the guys are trying to show that we don't need Bale...

Totally agree. Just got back from the game, and apart from the pub before hand the day was like watching paint dry. With risk of another sin binning, I feel the Portuguese idiot has lost the plot. We do nothing to feed the striker, and to be honest I can see that lot up the road giving us another stuffing next week.

AVB OUT

Totally agree. Just got back from the game, and apart from the pub before hand the day was like watching paint dry. With risk of another sin binning, I feel the Portuguese idiot has lost the plot. We do nothing to feed the striker, and to be honest I can see that lot up the road giving us another stuffing next week.

AVB OUT
neggedgif14757985.gif

19 shots and 8 corners.

I would like to convert more obviously, but Paulinho alone could have had a hatrick, and Dembeles shot was saved well.

We did create alot, and that cant be denied. We didnt take our chances, and that will bite us one day, but thats not the same issue you are getting angry about.
Half of those shots probably from outside of the box missing by a mile. I want a nice clear cut chance. To be fair Vorm did make a couple great saves, but you have to expect keeps to be good in the premiership. If we cant score from open play, its going to be hard to win at the end of the day.

Back
Top Bottom