Tottenham Hotspur v West Bromwich Albion (Sun 21st Sep)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reason I chose Naughton was to rest Dier, he has been the one getting mugged in the last 2 games (Johnson/Liverpool onslaught).
As you stated, he is a CB, dream 1st and 2nd game, but really think he needs to sit one out (not all).
I don't really see Naughton as a wing back either, he is fairly controlled (similar to Davies) just not as flat as Dier.

Yep, I can see your reasons since Walker etc is out.

I just think persisting with key wing based players invites more AVB style frustrations and risks.

It's not just defense Rose and Naughton impact, it's lacking in every aspect of the game bar pace and engines.

Flying down for this and Forest in the league cup (Park lane lower block 33). any good pubs for pre-game or where 1882 people gather (be nice to grab a pint with some more vocal supporters)?

I'm also flying back for it, Bell and Hare will be great it's at that end and very vocal from what I remember!

Bell & Hare is a bit dead these days. Bricklayers is usually your best bet.
I just bought a ticket for the game this morning £23.60 in South Upper off StubHub (sorry). A nice 39% under the £38.75 face.

I thought Ade has been decent and only looked tired towards the end of the Sunderland match. He's been moving around the midfield and forward areas of the pitch quite actively, sometimes to the extent that I'm worried we've no target in the box. I've no issues with Soldado starting, to get his confidence and match fitness up, but it wouldn't be on account of poor work by Ade.
He's run around a lot I'll give him that, holds the ball up but it frustrates me to no end when he drifts out onto the wing, and then doesn't get in the box for the resulting cross, maybe that's his fault or maybe midfielders not getting ahead of him not sure, but it's fucking annoying he's a big guy he should be demolishing in the box.

Out of interest, why is your username Mensa?

First person to ask - congratulations!

Just a nickname from Uni, my housemate was studying psychology and tested IQ levels of 50 students, my results had to be thrown out as was so high it skewed the results and ruined his theories. It was a lucky test I am not that clever.

Bell & Hare is a bit dead these days. Bricklayers is usually your best bet.
I just bought a ticket for the game this morning £23.60 in South Upper off StubHub (sorry). A nice 39% under the £38.75 face.

Nice work with the ticket

Is that right? I will probably be going to Bell and Hare as meeting some yid mates there before around 12, may peek in bricklayers if thats the case, havent been there in donkeys years

He's run around a lot I'll give him that, holds the ball up but it frustrates me to no end when he drifts out onto the wing, and then doesn't get in the box for the resulting cross, maybe that's his fault or maybe midfielders not getting ahead of him not sure, but it's fucking annoying he's a big guy he should be demolishing in the box.
It does make me wonder if that's part of Poch's high movement tactics, with the 3 attacking midfielders given the freedom and option to make runs into the box. It is frustrating though, when a cross is whipped in and we don't have a brute flinging his body at it.

So a week after Ben Foster cocked up for Everton's second he makes his way to The Lane.

Nailed-on MOTM performance coming up.

Clearly he'll suffer a mystery injury on the day, and because we're not Woolwich they'll get emergency permission from the FA to sign Neuer on loan from Bayern for the afternoon.

Would love to see this team:

Lloris
Dier - Fazio - Vertonghen - Rose
Dembele - Stambouli
Lamela - Eriksen - Chadli
Adebayor​
Think we will see this:

Lloris
Dier - Kaboul - Vertonghen - Rose
Dembele - Capoue
Lamela - Eriksen - Chadli
Adebayor
Our attack worked very well against Sunderland, and that's the kind of game you usually win. I think Dembele is key to connecting our midfield and attack. He looked back to his best last time and played nice direct passes. Hopefully this is also the game where Lamela scores the first of about 50 goals this season :lamelashock:

----------------------Lloris-----------------------
Dier-----Fazio-----Vertonghen-----Rose
-------------Capoue---Dembele-------------
Lamela-----------Eriksen------------Chadli
--------------------Adebayor-------------------

I know he's only 3 games deep but Ben Davies has been very underwhelming. If it continues, we're going to need to dip into the market again in Jan. Don't trust Rose, although his performances have uppped a little since Davies' arrival. It's just such a glaring weakness in that side and managers will be targetting it. Hopefully Poch is instructing sexy Nacer to help as much as possible, Lennon-esque.

i never quite understood why we bought davies for 10m when moreno was available for 12m and at the sign when we signed davies, them scouse lot were cooling off on moreno

Davies has been thrown into the second tier team in matches that have been cagey, and largely quite turgid. I want him to start getting a run in the PL but suspect that he'll not play on Sunday given Rose's absence yesterday.

I would like to see Fazio start whilst Capoue and Dembele are a good partnership for this match as both should get a little more time in possession. It will be difficult for our front 3 or four to find space but I am hoping that today is Eriksen's break out match of the season. The evidence was promising last week.

I also think Soldado will score.

Back
Top Bottom