Tottenham Hotspur v West Bromwich Albion (Sun 21st Sep)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

WBA does not matter.
this game is a tune-up for the the NLD !
Fazio looked good - but not quick. Arse is a quick team. Play Kab & Jan vs WBA and in the NLD. Then bring in Fazio in October vs Costa & Džeko.

.................Lloris
Dier, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose
.........Capoue, Dembele
......Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli
..............Adebayor
Pretty much our best line up at the moment. Perhaps Walker, Fazio and Stambouli the only players that could come in as starting players with Davies and Soldado if in form would be capable of rights to a starting list.
We SHOULD win.
COYS

WBA does not matter.
Fazio looked good - but not quick. Arse is a quick team. Play Kab & Jan vs WBA and in the NLD. Then bring in Fazio in October vs Costa & Džeko.
My guess is that if we don't win, the WBA game will matter very much, certainly to me.

For example, drawing with WBA and Woolwich is worse than beating WBA and losing to Woolwich, to me anyway. If we beat WBA, our chances of still being above Woolwich in the table after the Emirates game are vastly increased. All IMHO, of course.

For me WBA will be a close game, probably with a one goal margin in it.

He was all over the place the other night, against a crap side. So why exactly ?
Oh no! Best sell the cunt then. If he can't play on a cabbage patch in the Eastern Bloc on his debut, what use will he be to us? I mean, has this cunt ever won a trophy before? OR...OR...has he ever played for a club before? Don't look like it. Useless cunt. Mugged us off like muggy cunts. He pretended to be a good player last year just to get a transfer to us and because he reads these forums, he'd knew we'd all be like #spursy whilst he pisses himself at home with laughter. It was a plan all along. Yep, you got it. Smash. In one. Yahtzee! Snap. Bosh. Done. :thumbup:

I look at that side and think it's probably the best we can do. Oh shit, we really have a shit squad, don't we ?
Oooooo he's done it again! Nail - head. We've assembled an absolute shower of shit. Relegation fodder. I'm hoping with all my might just to be in the PL next season. #PrayFor17th

Admin Admin can you change his name to I8THFC please - it's a much more fitting name for this ever-negative, hateful, cancerous pissflap

WBA does not matter.
:lennon:

1. Yes it does matter, as does every league game regardless of opponent.
2. What has Costa got to do with anything?

After the 'Europa Hangover' I hope we just remain defensively solid. I don't want a repeat of Sunderland away.

The 'spine' stays strong and the goals will follow.

Put them under pressure with the same attacking performance as against QPR and Sunderland and we should be able to score at least three. Really hoping we can keep up the quality attacking style we've shown in those two games and bag some goals at home.

:lennon:

1. Yes it does matter, as does every league game regardless of opponent.
2. What has Costa got to do with anything?
He's saying play Vert & Kaboul against the faster teams, with Fazio playing when up against players who aren't super pacey like Dezko and Costa.

WBA does not matter.

unless you're being funny, or just plain silly, I think you'll find WBA does fucking matter! Especially after todays' results!

we just need to win, and win good. No mess, no frills, just win... that's all i'm asking!

off topic:
Spurs curses Pool ? after they won here with 3-0 without problem ,they lost 2 matches in a row 0-1 home with Aston Villa ,and now 1-3 away with …spammers, Premier League is still a mistery for everyone…I did not find a logic in these results ..jesus christ!

off topic:
Spurs curses Pool ? after they won here with 3-0 without problem ,they lost 2 matches in a row 0-1 home with Aston Villa ,and now 1-3 away with …spammers, Premier League is still a mistery for everyone…I did not find a logic in these results ..jesus christ!

You have to love it really, makes it so entertaining... but equally stressful!

unless you're being funny, or just plain silly, I think you'll find WBA does fucking matter! Especially after todays' results!

we just need to win, and win good. No mess, no frills, just win... that's all i'm asking!

You are correct. The result at WBA does matter. A poor sentence on my part. My meaning was that the team selection vs WBA is less important than the team selection in NLD. I think the squad should be selected with an eye toward next week. The team does not appear settled. If we go to NLD with an unsettled team - we will likely see poor result. Select the same team for WBA that will likely play next week so they are more familiar with each other and how they play in the Poch pressing system.

I'm seriously shocked that some are replacing Rose in their team with Davies at the moment! Seriously on this seasons form it's not even close and Davies has been playing against much poorer opposition.

I hope we'll play.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Naughton, Fazio, Vertonghen, Rose, Dembele, Capoue, Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli, Adebayor][/formation]

Though I suspect Kaboul will start in front of Fazio, which doesn't bother me too much providing he plays as well as he did against Sunderland. It's just Fazio and Vertonghen were sooo good on Thursday I want to see it again.

As for Naughton over Dier, I think this could go either way and I only suggest it because I think Naughton is the better right back, also I think Dier just needs a game out and a couple of easier opponents to settle some more before we throw him back in again.

not done a line up in ages and i've stayed in on a Saturday night so may as well...

lloris
dier, kaboul, vertonghen, davies
Lamela, Dembele, Bentaleb, Chadli,
Eriksen
Adebayor

Back
Top Bottom