Tottenham Hotspur v West Bromwich Albion

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Sherwood will be reckless again, I think we will play with no midfield again and that it will be gung ho all the way.

I think, considering WBAs poor showing througout 2013 and lack of manager it will be enough to win. Probably by at least a couple of goals

I still wont like throwing caution to the wind, I still wont like the gambling and Ill remain convinced the first quality team Tim meets will tear us a new one.

However, first thing I said about an interim is that its about getting results, so if he does so then fair enough.

We aren't playing a quality team though, are we?

Why field a team that counters quality teams and their formations when we are not playing them?

I hope Sherwood sees it my way; formations are just there to counter what the other guys are playing.

Like I said, if you think AVB's line ups were the right one's then what is the point of suggesting a line up you dont actually agree with yourself.

If sacking AVB was a mistake, then you must agree Ade should'nt be in the team

Pretty stupid to name him in your team.....

I'd argue that thinking AVB's sacking is a mistake doesn't mean you agree with every decision he made. You could still want AVB and want Ade in the side. Playing devil's advocate really as I think AVB's time was spent.

There are 983 tickets currently available on ShitHub for this one. 983! That's 1 in every 35 seats in the stadium (excluding the away end). I know it's Boxing Day and everything, but seriously, that's shocking. Come on yiddos, get yourselves down there...
Fucking hell, cheers for this mate. I'd completely forgot about Stubhub and thought it was sold out.. just bought a ticket in east lower for 20 quid. theres plenty on there for 25ish since every ticket on there since they all expire tomorrow

Last edited:
I disagree. If AVB "should never have been sacked", it stands to reason that people were happy with his selections and would like to see them repeated.

When AVB was manager, I would name a team that I would like to see, even though I generally knew he wouldnt pick it.

Its not a "guess the manager's 11" game. Its about naming a team you think is our best option. If Ade is in that 11, then Im not sure how sacking AVB could be a mistake, when it was clear Ade would never have been picked by him.

Well I understand what you're saying but I think AVB was sacked much more due to the performance of his sides than due to picking bad sides. The Ade thing would be the exception and it does seem to have contributed to his removal if the whispers are to be believed.

My point is that when we change systems there is no point in stamping feet and saying you want something else. For me, when I state my preferred lineup I'll do it in Sherwood's 4-4-2 because he's the manager and clearly knows better than me and you just have to respect the vision.

Other people might do different things but I think for the most part people choose something that is semi likely to happen and that has more to do with the change in look.

My starting line-ups have always been based on the formation the manager is likely to select, and also loosely based on the players he is likely to pick from - basically a mixture of hope and expectancy.

There is no point in every game thread saying I want 5-2-1-2 with Gomes in goal and Lancaster up front. It'd be pointless. I choose a side that I could realistically hope to see on the day.

We aren't playing a quality team though, are we?

Why field a team that counters quality teams and their formations when we are not playing them?

I hope Sherwood sees it my way; formations are just there to counter what the other guys are playing.

IMO it wouldnt be a bad idea to practice a more defensive shape, work out how to contol the game against team we should expect to be in preparation for the likes of Woolwich/Utd around the corner...

I fully expect a gung ho approach to succeed on Thursday.

Example.

Line up I want...

--------------------Lloris---------------------
Walker-Chiriches-Vertonghen-Rose
-------------------Sandro--------------------
-----Lamela---Eriksen---Holtby---------
-----------------Adebayor-------------------
------------------Soldado--------------------

But knowing injuries and Sherwood, that isn't really useful in the thread because you know it's not going to happen...

So my lineup for WBA using common sense would be

--------------------Lloris--------------------
Walker--Chiriches--Dawson--Rose
Lamela---Eriksen--Capoue--Holtby
-------------Soldado-Adebayor----------

---------------------------Lloris---------------------
Walker - Chiriches - Vertonghen - Rose
----------------Capoue/Bentaleb---------------------
-------Lamela------Eriksen-------Chadli
-----------------Adebayor Soldado------------

plz

Fucking hell, cheers for this mate. I'd completely forgot about Stubhub and thought it was sold out.. just bought a ticket in east lower for 20 quid. theres plenty on there for 25ish since every ticket on there since they all expire tomorrow

I weaseled out a west lower block 12 front seat for forty quid......... great view but questionable atmosphere sometimes :freundgoal::eriksenlip:

I don't think you do, the two aren't mutually exclusive. I'm saying that just because you feel the sacking is a mistake doesn't mean you don't agree Ade should have been in the team like you've suggested must be true.

I think its contradictory. I dont see how you can back the manager yet think he was fielding a team every week that you think was'nt strongest we could play. And this case with Ade, especially when creating and scoring was our biggest problem.

Back
Top Bottom