Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United Match History 1898-2013

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love Vlad the Impala, but tbh I wouldn't give him his first PL start in a derby! Especially with ol' Sam certain to target us in the air :rolleyes:

Think we're going to need Jan at CB too since he's our best, much as I sigh at seeing Naughton at LB.
hopefully Fryers can get the chance to play there today... we need a leftie at LB >_<

For me it's more about their style - for our system we really, really need an attacking FB who can join in on the attack and supply width while still being fast and energetic enough to cover our high line. The problem with Naughton on the left is that he's really not that attacking in nature; I think he's quite decent in possession and he's provided a few incisive passes in the final third before, but he looks awkward defending on his wrong side and thus gets even more cautious about getting up the field. I think Fryers is not actually attack-minded either, but that may just be because he's a bit overwhelmed by the step up to the first team.

The only way I can see a defensive LB working is if we put a true winger on that side like Townsend rather than an inverted winger/WF. I'd be okay with that, though I think it'd be harsh to drop our most regular scorer this season in Siggy (and I suspect AVB has the same thoughts).

Come on you spurs!!!!! Let's keep the momentum going and let's not drop points to these hoofball pikey bastards. I can't stand the club or their jelly eel eating anti semitic fans and hope we get our 1st real thrashing in the prem. We need Soldado to get a goal today just to get his confidence up because it can't be good seeing Defoe score each time he plays whilst at the moment he is slightly struggling. I habve massive faith in Soldado and think he will be a huge hit.

Vlad on Thurs look good and I feel would cope with WH - he needs to play. I feel this one would be a good game to start. Since Rose being injured we are weak on the left. Jan started his life as a Lb. Also give us height. I would play but I can't find me boots. Naughton looks a bit nervous Chelshite played on him last week seeing him as a weakness. West are an awful team at the minute, we should sweep them aside today with whatever team we put out as long as we gel! Good game for Soldado me thinks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom