Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United Match History 1898-2013

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

@ 1882 1882 is much more adept at the use of the caps lock than I.
I saw the bright blue avatar and the expressive post and assumed that you were @ 1882 1882 ... never mind, you both seem to talk a lot of sense..

Then why have I just been SENT OFF????!
I know!!!!! Sent to THE STANDS!

If I'd have known 20 'dislikes' equalled dismissal,I'd have kept my nose clean and head down for a couple of matches when I hit 19....!!!
..... as if this day couldn't GET any worse!!!

I blame 'Audrey' for neg-repping me when I was walking the tightrope!
Sleep well much do you @ ?

I wouldn't have expected you to recognise me don't worry, I'm no familiar face! Struggling to make out much in that picture. The bloke who got spat on was one in front and one to the left of me. Hardly anyone around me seemed to be interested in singing apart from the bloke to my right, who basically hurled playground abuse across the divide. Did you see the guy with the flag at HT, didn't say a word, just waved the flag, and got a word from the stewards for it?!

Haha I just meant what a coincidence in general. Yeah a fair few were the same. Yep, he did end up looking a bit stupid to be fair. I agree though, ridiculous he gets talked to but they don't. I don't expect them to to be fair but he shouldn't have either.

Then why have I just been SENT OFF????!
I know!!!!! Sent to THE STANDS!

If I'd have known 20 'dislikes' equalled dismissal,I'd have kept my nose clean and head down for a couple of matches when I hit 19....!!!
..... as if this day couldn't GET any worse!!!

I blame 'Audrey' for neg-repping me when I was walking the tightrope!
Sleep well much do you @ ?

I'm sleep well. Too well tbh. But remember this. And remember it well.

Whatever you spend on a bed isn't enough. Get the best bed you can afford. It's important.

Listen everyone, Chelsea won the fucking Champions League playing like West Ham today beating the likes of Barca and Bayern whilst stumbling along in the league. Sometimes it happens. I've seen so many hilarious "such and such HAS TO START from now on" comments on here its unreal, just look all all the different opinions to tell you its not that simple.

Today West Ham gambled on being able to block us out and hit us with a set piece or a counter. If Defoe had scored one of his early chances they would never have got in the game (highly unlikely anyway) they didn't have any way of coming out of that ultra defensive anti-football at that point. We chased the game at 1-0 and got caught on the break, it happens.

For me, the lack of goalscoring chances is a bit of a worry and personally, I think Soldado will struggle for some time yet, I also think a lot of fans got carried away with our signings and results so far but we are only 3 points off the top, lets not act like its the end of the world just yet eh?
I would like to add to this post , which is spot on. Last week ,City and Utd lost, Chelsea away to Everton , the scum at home to Villa this Shit does happen within a season. It's how we respond is what we should judge.

This game will be a blessing in disguise, it will kick start our season and a much weaker team beat us emphatically on our own patch, which is an embarrassment. That being said we would have learnt so much from this game and I reckon we will see a similar response the response we had after we lost away to Everton 2-1 last season. Onwards and Upwards. To Dare is to Do. even failure will have in it an echo of glory, Triffic. Up the Spurs

Hello everyone.

I'm the guy who managed to get a stream going on a cross-country flight today (Seattle to Charlotte) and immediately regretted it.

I am a bit surprised by the reaction to today. I admit I'm not as knowledgable as many of you about tactics and the peculiarities of the Premiership, but... to my semi-trained eye it seems a lot of us are overreacting.

In all sports everywhere, sometimes you just have "one of those days." To me this is just one of those circumstances where you forget it immediately and look to the next game. If the trend continues, obviously, it's cause for concern. But at this point to me it seems like we're just looking at one shitty game. The loss to Woolwich was painful but sure beats 5-2 and we acquitted ourselves well. The tie to Chelsea was disappointing but easily could have (should have) been a win. If we were getting beaten like this EVERY time out I'd be really upset, but just one shitty game? I can live with that.

The part I can't really comment on (because I'm just an ignorant overweight American who loves Spurs but is only beginning to appreciate tactics) is whether this was a self-inflicted wound by AVB or whatever. On that point, I feel like if AVB gets the blame for today's failure, he also gets credit for our success up to date.

Take a deep breath, my Spurs-supporting friends! It was one of those days. If we finish in the relegation zone, OK, maybe AVB's not the right guy. Let's see if that happens, though. I'm still optimistic overall.

COYS.

West Ham played well today, very little of the long ball nonsense. Allardyce outsmarted AVB simple as, he had his gameplan and it worked. We couldn't break them own then they broke and countered well. AVB had a shocker today, no denying that at all.
No excuses but somewhere in all this we were poor thus allowing them to get the result. We were off line BIG time . I will not accept they are a good side. At the end of the first half , I couldn't believe how poor they were. It was a bad day for us and they played to spoil. They got the breaks we got f@(ked.

Hello everyone.

I'm the guy who managed to get a stream going on a cross-country flight today (Seattle to Charlotte) and immediately regretted it.

I am a bit surprised by the reaction to today. I admit I'm not as knowledgable as many of you about tactics and the peculiarities of the Premiership, but... to my semi-trained eye it seems a lot of us are overreacting.

In all sports everywhere, sometimes you just have "one of those days." To me this is just one of those circumstances where you forget it immediately and look to the next game. If the trend continues, obviously, it's cause for concern. But at this point to me it seems like we're just looking at one shitty game. The loss to Woolwich was painful but sure beats 5-2 and we acquitted ourselves well. The tie to Chelsea was disappointing but easily could have (should have) been a win. If we were getting beaten like this EVERY time out I'd be really upset, but just one shitty game? I can live with that.

The part I can't really comment on (because I'm just an ignorant overweight American who loves Spurs but is only beginning to appreciate tactics) is whether this was a self-inflicted wound by AVB or whatever. On that point, I feel like if AVB gets the blame for today's failure, he also gets credit for our success up to date.

Take a deep breath, my Spurs-supporting friends! It was one of those days. If we finish in the relegation zone, OK, maybe AVB's not the right guy. Let's see if that happens, though. I'm still optimistic overall.

COYS.

wow, an opinion that makes me feel better - well done sir

Everyone clamoring about Lamela starting, I think is unnecessary. I didn't catch much of the game, but going by what everyone else is saying, Townsend was MOTM for us. No need for him playing LW when Rose, Fryers, or Jan are playing LB. The mistake was playing two right footed players on the left. Leave Walker and Townsend on the right for the very near future. Get Rose back, or actually play Fryers, or then play Vertonghen. Give Lamela time to adjust. Don't rush an investment of such greatness.

I think it would have been the same whoever played today. We played to WH's advantage by playing inverted wingers. It meant that we had fuck all width and as they packed defence AND midfield centrally we had no room, passes were cut out and they got free possession. Normally with ten in defence you get it back soon enough but they kept their midfield in midfield mostly, putting us under pressure. True wingers would have forced their midfield and defence wider creating more space in the middle and would also have made us less predictable. This alone would have changed things dramatically, though it was not the only mistake today, but this one issue was clear as day and big fat Sam worked that out before the game even started.
I thought Townsend got down the line and supplied some crosses as you are suggestin but unfortunately we had a very short forward waiting?

No excuses but somewhere in all this we were poor thus allowing them to get the result. We were off line BIG time . I will not accept they are a good side. At the end of the first half , I couldn't believe how poor they were. It was a bad day for us and they played to spoil. They got the breaks we got f@(ked.
believe me mate I think they're awful as do most of their own fans. They turned up today we didn't sadly.

believe me mate I think they're awful as do most of their own fans. They turned up today we didn't sadly.
I can't accept they tactically outmanoeuvred us. Thier game plan was to spoil and score at set pieces. We allowed it to happen by being poor . Sam Capone can't accept any credit. He must be sitting at home with a big cigar thinking how did that happen. Because they havn't got the players that are capable .

Boys we got absolutely duffed 3-0 at home to a, let's face it, pretty poor West Ham team. That was absolutely disgusting. Deplorable. 3-0. At HOME?? No excuses for that, I'm sorry. That was fucking terrible. Talk of us winning the league? What a joke.

Another thing. A few of the boys on this website are running about on twitter taking the piss about all this. Fair enough. there isn't much we can do now. But the fact that they are disguising this monstrosity in shits and giggles is absolutely horrific. We've just been done 3-0 at home to a fucking West Ham team that are struggling at the bottom of the Prem. There is no time for jokes.

I could just about take this result if they'd turned up and played us off the park. But I've never seen a shitter performance from an even shitter team who still won 3-0.

The only thing I can give them credit for is that they defended well and were clinical when they got their breaks. They played their manager's tactics to a tee.

We weren't good enough. On that we can all agree. But let's not forget they had two goals that were basically ricochets and were less than average for 90% of the match

We'll recover from this result I'm sure. We're 7 games in an only 3 points off 1st place. I just wish there wasn't a bloody international break between this defeat and the next match

I can't accept they tactically outmanoeuvred us. Thier game plan was to spoil and score at set pieces. We allowed it to happen by being poor . Sam Capone can't accept any credit. He must be sitting at home with a big cigar thinking how did that happen. Because they havn't got the players that are capable .
they had a gameplan which they pulled off perfectly. Wasn't pretty but very few teams can come to our place and play attractive football and pass us off the park. They did what they needed to win and they did it well.

Mate. 3-0. At home. Fuck ricochets. It doesn't matter. They won. Comfortably, At White Hart Lane. It's an absolute fucking JOKE. 3 points DROPPED. White Hart Lane should be our fortress. It should be the place where 3 points are guaranteed. Instead this team has come in and absolutely done us in our own turf. While we're all looking around each other in May when we've missed Champions League AGAIN we'll be asking the question..''What did we do wrong?'' THIS. THIS is what we done wrong. What a travesty.

Back
Top Bottom