Tottenham Hotspur v. West Ham United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Part of me wants to see the 3-5-2 that worked so well against Woolwich, but the other part wants 4-2-3-1 and to really go at them and get scoring again.

West Ham don't seem half the team they were last year, Payet seems the only danger and he's been poor. Having Kane fully fit, Alderwiereld back and Dembele in form is huge.

LETS DO THIS!

With 3 very important games in 8 days can we risk our first 11 in all 3 or will we not play anyone except Lloris, verts and Toby for all 270 mins. Dele will be injured and maybe Davies but expect Dier, Wanyama, Dembele, Lamela, Eriksen, Trippier, Walker, Rose, Son, Kane, Janssen and even Sissoko to get some playing time.

Part of me wants to see the 3-5-2 that worked so well against Woolwich, but the other part wants 4-2-3-1 and to really go at them and get scoring again.

West Ham don't seem half the team they were last year, Payet seems the only danger and he's been poor. Having Kane fully fit, Alderwiereld back and Dembele in form is huge.

LETS DO THIS!
They were very good against Chelsea. If we underestimate them we will lose.

KUMB makes for excellent reading these days. I doubt the expression 'be careful what you wish for' has ever been more apt.

Did make me laugh the other day when listening to Rock & Roll Football on Absolute radio in the car on Sat & even they referred to their ground as 'The Taxpayers Stadium'

We will smash these.

KUMB makes for excellent reading these days. I doubt the expression 'be careful what you wish for' has ever been more apt.

Did make me laugh the other day when listening to Rock & Roll Football on Absolute radio in the car on Sat & even they referred to their ground as 'The Taxpayers Stadium'

We will smash these.

Naming rights sorted right there!

"Taxpayer Stadium" has such a nice ring to it as well.

Read the KUMB match thread - its like hundreds of scotty's

apart from this one

"No one in the Premier League has beaten them yet and I think it's safe to say we won't be the first. .
They said that in March.
They said it when we went there playing 4-6-0.
They said that when we sent the reserves there in the league cup.

Our record against this mob is pretty good in recent years.
They're just 1990s Wimbledon with a bit of dough and a manager with a foreign name instead of Dave Bassett."

Since the care in the community programme, spam support must have rocketed.

Rose and Walker to play high up the pitch. Spam don't have much pace, we need to stretch them. Would like GKN to play more than a bit part.

If we have our proper spine of
Hugo
Toby
Moose
Kane

then we should win with a bit to spare.

Lloris
Alderweireld
..........Dier................................Vertonghen
..Wanyama
Dembele......................AAlli..
.....Walker...........................................................................Rose
..........Eriksen
Kane.......

Lloris
Alderweireld
..........Dier................................Vertonghen
..Wanyama
Dembele......................AAlli..
Walker...........................................................................Rose
..........Eriksen
Kane.......
I reckon Sissokko would start in place of Alli. Wanyama Mousa and Moussa. Beast mode ON.

I think that Toby will make a difference to our formation. 3 at the back for the Woolwich was necessary for two reasons:
  1. No Toby
  2. Woolwich attacking threat
Toby is so good that against a dangerous team we need two of our other centre-backs to replace him.

I don't think West Ham have the same attacking threat, and if Toby is back, I'd expect a switch back to 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1.

Of course, kingdawson kingdawson could be right, and the switch at Woolwich was done for attacking reasons, but I'm not convinced. My [uneducated] guess is that we'll adopt 3-4-3 only for games against opponents we think could do us some damage in open play.

If you're playing 3 at the back with Toby, then he has to go on the right.
Dier is in the middle and Vertonghen on the left.
Dier is not very comfortable on the right whereas Toby is, as if Vertonghen on the left.

Back
Top Bottom