Tottenham Hotspur v Wolves (01/03/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone else think we looked pretty decent today? Cut out the individual mistakes and we would have won. This wasn’t a good squad Jose has taken over or we wouldn’t have been 14th and poch wouldn’t have got sacked , there are to many players who just aren’t good enough and unfortunately poch wasn’t ruthless enough to get rid of the passengers , hopefully Jose is and next season will be good !
Attackwise we actually looked OK.

Defensively we were horrendous, and I don’t know why there was not one senior player (Verts or Toby) in the middle.

I admit that I don’t rate Dier, but he was involved in the first goal against us and the last as well where he failed to stop play when he had the opportunity to. He didn’t play too badly distributing the ball but he made some very costly mistakes today and I think Verts or Toby wouldn’t have allowed those.

I don’t understand why Jose keeps trying to play him, I really don’t see why Dier would be preferred to Verts.

because he’s shit at defending play him elsewhere ??
How about don’t play him right wing because he won’t be a very good right winger

Neither can anyone else. We have precious little width. He doesn’t defend. Maybe remove that element (and save penalties) whilst keeping what he does bring.

Maybe just drop him then and play someone else to be ineffective then?

We are so unbalanced; we need to just do what we can until we can make transfers. And hope that Levy sanctions them.

And I have complete faith that sufficient funds and scouting will be in place to ensure we become a better team and I also have no doubt that it will be done quickly and effectively and we definitely won’t be starting dier and winks on the first day of next season
Well said that man. I bloody well hope your right. I am also expecting us to be significantly better next season. No more excuses.

Looking at the table and the way results panned out this weekend... Even a point would have been good today.... :(

Mourinho is most definitely the Special
One, ultra negative playing 3 CBs against Wolves at home and takes the lead twice whilst playing the most boring football in the world and still manages to lose. Amazing in some ways.

I think our supporters both home and away deserve a medal for having to sit through such poor performances, we've reverted to the dross of over 5/6 years ago. I get upset and it spoils my day, but I haven't had to pay an arm and a leg to watch this rubbish and then have the 3 hour journey back and forth. So to the fans that go regularly you really are amazing. I hope for all our sakes it gets better sooner rather than later.

At least there will be a few more excuses trotted out in the summer to explain why our transfer business is so laboured

“We can’t afford players without European football”

“Who could we sign that will be good enough and want to join a side not In Europe”
They're the excuses we came out with in the 90s and 00s.

We had the ability to buy top quality with regular CL. And Dybala and Bruno Fernandes were willing to come to play for Poch.

But baldilocks up stairs was afraid of image rights etc.

Just a clusterfuck from the board all the way down.

Fear we will end up life Woolwich without CL for multiple seasons.

Back
Top Bottom