Tottenham Hotspur v Wolves (01/03/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

jose has built teams year after year that are hard to beat and are niggly. Poch has built this gutless team of shithouses that don't know how to win and bottle every chance we have of success

Did Gazza even make any saves today? I’m not digging him out as I haven’t watched the game back but I’m pretty sure they scored with every shot on target?

I think our supporters both home and away deserve a medal for having to sit through such poor performances, we've reverted to the dross of over 5/6 years ago. I get upset and it spoils my day, but I haven't had to pay an arm and a leg to watch this rubbish and then have the 3 hour journey back and forth. So to the fans that go regularly you really are amazing. I hope for all our sakes it gets better sooner rather than later.

I totally agree. All the “Spurs will be playing to a half-empty stadium when the new arena is built” comments have been wrong. All the league matches have been sell outs, an FACup sell-out against Norwich this midweek coming, a sell-out today, 49k against Middlesbrough in FA Cup 3rd round replay (when the fabulous Toon Army had from memory 25k), 56k against Southampton for a midweek FA Cup 4th round replay show we are fantastically supported. Let’s hope the football starts meriting the efforts of our fans.

Why can’t we seem to put two halves of football together? I was enjoying the game but knew as soon as we didn’t react with substitutions when the second half started looking iffy that it was only ending one way.
We desperately needed more than Stevie B in January. We lack a front man. It’s unlucky with what happened to Sonny, but let’s face it he isn’t really an out and out forward. We needed a CF knowing that by the time Harry was back, the season would be over.
We have dined at the top table for a while now, & it’s hard going back to Flo’s cafe.

I said when we signed him people need to lower their expectations, couldn't even get a game at Benfica but people wank off these low priced signings because they think Levy is a transfer genius who can spot talent that no other club in world football can.

The reality is that our owners are penny pinching cunts that only invest in a reactionary manner when they are worried their profit margin will be affected, like this season with the threat of missing out on euro football.

Enic are happy even if we only get EL football, we will still keep making profit because of the world class entertainment venue that pretends to have a world class football team inside of it.
That's it in a nutshell. Nothing more to be said.

3? Need a lot more then that. Even Dele can do one. His attitude stinks
You seriously think Mourinho is the man to do it? Based on w
its like saying an army sergent known for brilliant strategy is rubbish because the dead cant obey his orders
Mourinho is like an ageing player whose legs have gone. He was great once but that was a long time ago. The game has moved on and he hasn't. The decision to play Dier, Tanganga and Sanchez today was ridiculous and very costly.

Something Jose needs to learn from Pep, how to break up play, take niggly fouls that don’t warrant a yellow, Citey are brilliant at this.

Exactly. Maybe we should have gone for simeone. No way he'd allow a team to us run all the way through once lost alone three times

Wolves were there for the taking. Any half decent attacking play would have worked. Yes we scored two but our indecision when countering them created a counter move for them and we cannot defend counter attacks. Instead we sat back a lot and had nothing going forward. If we could just clear the ball and just take the foul/hello we would have got the points. Need a bit of athletico about us and just bring down players when under pressure

we got two lucky goals

Davies the tactical master plan of Jose has been absolute crap in the 4 games his played on the trot. If sess is fit time to give him the games ready for next season. Especially if we play 3 at the back. He can’t be worse than davies who offers nothing going forward and has no pace to track runners. We would have been better off keeping rose who at least played with some edge to his game. At the moment are players just can’t be bothered to run , track back or Mark players. To easy for opposition.

Memories are oh so short (and I suspect a touch selective)..

Rose: Poor and more recently un-committed. Poor crossing.
Sessengon: Weak & timid. Would have been absolutely brutalised by Traore.

Davies: Just back from long lay-off. Ben's not lazy; nor overtly slow... Sure he struggles against the likes of Traore, Sane & Mane.... Newsflash - they're some of the fastest and/or most powerful widemen in the league!

A lack of dynamism is a red-herring.... If our wide-attackng players are struggling to project 'excitement' it's probably a bit harsh condemning the FBs for not doing so, but 'modern football will modern-football' eh...

Last edited:
One rumour is that there is a clause in Mourinho's contract that he goes at the end of the season if we fail to qualify for the Champions League. Let's hope that is true because this team needs to be rebuilt and Jose is the last person in the world you would choose to do that.

Back
Top Bottom