Tottenham Hotspur v Wolves (01/03/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I totally agree. All the “Spurs will be playing to a half-empty stadium when the new arena is built” comments have been wrong. All the league matches have been sell outs, an FACup sell-out against Norwich this midweek coming, a sell-out today, 49k against Middlesbrough in FA Cup 3rd round replay (when the fabulous Toon Army had from memory 25k), 56k against Southampton for a midweek FA Cup 4th round replay show we are fantastically supported. Let’s hope the football starts meriting the efforts of our fans.
This won’t please everyone but I think the atmosphere at the new stadium is often crap. Plenty of tourists and affluent middle-class folk from the Home Counties - they are often committed but make no noise. Plenty of moaning and groaning if we aren’t pasting teams by half time too.

Loads of premier league grounds are like this now, it’s not just us. Been to St James Park - now THAT is an atmosphere!

One rumour is that there is a clause in Mourinho's contract that he goes at the end of the season if we fail to qualify for the Champions League. Let's hope that is true because this team needs to be rebuilt and Jose is the last person in the world you would choose to do that.

Give the guy a chance!!

I totally agree. All the “Spurs will be playing to a half-empty stadium when the new arena is built” comments have been wrong. All the league matches have been sell outs, an FACup sell-out against Norwich this midweek coming, a sell-out today, 49k against Middlesbrough in FA Cup 3rd round replay (when the fabulous Toon Army had from memory 25k), 56k against Southampton for a midweek FA Cup 4th round replay show we are fantastically supported. Let’s hope the football starts meriting the efforts of our fans.
The stadium has allowed a different type of fan to the game, on the tube up to the game I overheard a conversation from some Canadians about how they support united but were in London so they decided to go to the game , and they bought a spurs “jersey” for the occasion, this is modern day football and enic prefer this kind of fan as they will come to the games but some merchandise and spend a shit load of money on food and drinks at the stadium before hand, the only thing is without the new stadium we wouldn’t be able to compete and would have been left behind financially

The decision to play Dier, Tanganga and Sanchez today was ridiculous and very costly.

Opting for them over a slow and ageing Belgian duo.... Against a young, energetic and quick Wolves attack?

Probably not.

Afterall, how'd Toby & Jan cope with feckin' Alonso & Giroud last week?

Last edited:
The stadium has allowed a different type of fan to the game, on the tube up to the game I overheard a conversation from some Canadians about how they support united but were in London so they decided to go to the game , and they bought a spurs “jersey” for the occasion, this is modern day football and enic prefer this kind of fan as they will come to the games but some merchandise and spend a shit load of money on food and drinks at the stadium before hand, the only thing is without the new stadium we wouldn’t be able to compete and would have been left behind financially

Nailed it

One rumour is that there is a clause in Mourinho's contract that he goes at the end of the season if we fail to qualify for the Champions League. Let's hope that is true because this team needs to be rebuilt and Jose is the last person in the world you would choose to do that.

If so, then everyone can afford to ease off and just get behind that lads.... Either we get top four and the ship has been steadied. Or his doubters can rejoice as he walks the plank in the summer.

Win/win.

Last edited:
This won’t please everyone but I think the atmosphere at the new stadium is often crap. Plenty of tourists and affluent middle-class folk from the Home Counties - they are often committed but make no noise. Plenty of moaning and groaning if we aren’t pasting teams by half time too.

Loads of premier league grounds are like this now, it’s not just us. Been to St James Park - now THAT is an atmosphere!

Sometimes though our team needs to inspire the supporters and not just the other way around.

Did your mate enjoy it apart from the result?
Yeah he had a cracking time thanks , managed to catch him for a couple of beers before the game as well, even though the result was shit I still had a good day, so I can’t complain to much, gone are the days when a bad result would ruin my week, I think the CL loss last season has mellowed me a bit :levylol:

Exactly. Maybe we should have gone for simeone. No way he'd allow a team to us run all the way through once lost alone three times

He committed to a new mega-contract at AM not too long ago.

He's on an eye-watering amount of money. If my memory serves me correctly more than either Pep, Klopp or Jose....

Sometimes though our team needs to inspire the supporters and not just the other way around.

Can totally understand why people aren’t cheering today but I think the fans do need to get behind the team, including when things don’t go well.

The poster above who noted how football clubs cultivate a more financially lucrative fan base in the modern age nailed it for me. I understand why they do this but don’t expect a rocking atmosphere.

I don't think it's a case of preference... Pre-Wembley phase; it was tough to score tickets even as a long term member. Now we have room for another 24k.

Re-configuring the seats might help, but, alas we'll never have the noisiest fans rubbing up against the away supporters anymore. :(

You're spewing utter bullshit as always.

Show us how/where it's being taken out of the club....

SPOILER: You can't; because it isn't.

Embarrassing.

Another tantrum-ing baby in our midst.

articulate for me what is bullshit? I think, objectively, the point in making is a sound one. You are becoming yesterday’s news - there is a movement - which exists directly in the game - ie pundits and journalists - who think the Enic are sucking the club dry.

Articulate for me what is embarrassing?

Forth has gone now; it’s time to focus on the CL but with as many missing [must starts] as we have, I’m not confident .

Seasons over and if we don’t win the CL it’s Europa bollocks next season.
I don't think we'll even qualify for that. I see us finishing 8th and I'm at peace with that......for the moment.

Back
Top Bottom