Tottenham Hotspur v Wolves (01/03/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t think any true Spurs fan can be happy but we shouldn’t be surprised

We’re missing three star players and need to ship a load of deadwood out and replace it and we have a new manager who took over from one who had just given up

Going to take at least until the middle of next season to sort this mess out and I believe Jose is the one to do it

3? Need a lot more then that. Even Dele can do one. His attitude stinks

Attackwise we actually looked OK.

Defensively we were horrendous, and I don’t know why there was not one senior player (Verts or Toby) in the middle.

I admit that I don’t rate Dier, but he was involved in the first goal against us and the last as well where he failed to stop play when he had the opportunity to. He didn’t play too badly distributing the ball but he made some very costly mistakes today and I think Verts or Toby wouldn’t have allowed those.

I don’t understand why Jose keeps trying to play him, I really don’t see why Dier would be preferred to Verts.

Physically Vertonghen is done

Attackwise we actually looked OK.

Defensively we were horrendous, and I don’t know why there was not one senior player (Verts or Toby) in the middle.

I admit that I don’t rate Dier, but he was involved in the first goal against us and the last as well where he failed to stop play when he had the opportunity to. He didn’t play too badly distributing the ball but he made some very costly mistakes today and I think Verts or Toby wouldn’t have allowed those.

I don’t understand why Jose keeps trying to play him, I really don’t see why Dier would be preferred to Verts.

Wolves were there for the taking. Any half decent attacking play would have worked. Yes we scored two but our indecision when countering them created a counter move for them and we cannot defend counter attacks. Instead we sat back a lot and had nothing going forward. If we could just clear the ball and just take the foul/hello we would have got the points. Need a bit of athletico about us and just bring down players when under pressure

Davies the tactical master plan of Jose has been absolute crap in the 4 games his played on the trot. If sess is fit time to give him the games ready for next season. Especially if we play 3 at the back. He can’t be worse than davies who offers nothing going forward and has no pace to track runners. We would have been better off keeping rose who at least played with some edge to his game. At the moment are players just can’t be bothered to run , track back or Mark players. To easy for opposition.

Wolves were there for the taking. Any half decent attacking play would have worked.... If we could just clear the ball and just take the foul/hello we would have got the points. Need a bit of athletico about us and just bring down players when under pressure
Funny thing is, when we went 2-1 up just before half-time today, I couldn't help but think about the FA Cup Semi Final, against MOURINHO'S Utd...

As SOON as they went 2-1 up against US, the shithousery began... the timewasting, the cynical/tactical fouls, The subbing the FURTHEST player from the touchline to slope off at a snails pace.. I wasn't ashamed to accuse Jose of KILLING football that day... but it fucking worked, they went to the Final, and we went home!

If we're gonna have him in charge, at LEAST let us benefit from some of the shithouse tactics!

HOW come we've not become "Mourinho's Tottenham"...?
Instead we've converted HIM into some kind of 'Spursy José"!!!

only Spurs could do that!!

Davies the tactical master plan of Jose has been absolute crap in the 4 games his played on the trot. If sess is fit time to give him the games ready for next season. Especially if we play 3 at the back. He can’t be worse than davies who offers nothing going forward and has no pace to track runners. We would have been better off keeping rose who at least played with some edge to his game. At the moment are players just can’t be bothered to run , track back or Mark players. To easy for opposition.
Davies is not the problem!

Pleasantly surprised we scored 2 and were leading twice.

Not in the least bit surprised we conceded 3.

Literally anything can happen in our games these days. Quite looking forward to Wednesday night anyway.

Our defense was shit but with Kane and Son and even Sissoko in the middle, we would have scored a couple more goals than we did and still won instead of Dillydally and Lucas.

Back
Top Bottom