Tottenham Hotspur v Woolwich Scum (15th Jan - 4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So is Conte's tactic just to wait until Woolwich go 2 nil up or?????
That is now 13 ganes without scoring in the first half -and I think 11 in 13 we have gone behind. We have lost at home to toon, villa already without laying a glove. I’m sure any other manager would have gone by know!

In all seriousness, we'll know within two minutes of the second half if there's any vague hope for us in this match.
There's turnarounds and there's turnarounds.......

If it was a boxing match, the ref would have stopped it by now.

Conte will probably bring on Perisic and Royal and expect us to play differently......

Imagine Son had half the first and ball control in tight spaces that Martinelli has.

There's no defensive system at all. I think that that is our main issue.

We know that we can score, but whatever defensive identity that we had last season has been thrown out of the window.

It doesn't look like we defend man to man, or with zones for that matter. And we have zero functional press. It's 11 individuals trying to defend. And that probably makes us way worse than we should be.
Trouble is, there’s also no attacking system. I can handle one or the other, but to have neither is unacceptable.

That is now 13 ganes without scoring in the first half -and I think 11 in 13 we have gone behind. We have lost at home to toon, villa already without laying a glove. I’m sure any other manager would have gone by know!
He's fucking throwing it........ He has to be.

There is no other explanation.

Another worry for me is what damage this is performance is going to do for the rest of the season.

I can see us falling quickly down the league. Fulham, Brighton, Brentford will be licking their lips at this. I can see all of them finishing above us.

Maybe it's what we need.

spence;
Wandering Hip Hop GIF by Green Valley

I'm not exactly awed by Conte but I'm not gonna put this shitshow on him either. How is a manager supposed to set up a system with these fucking players?

I know the first priority should be getting rid of the mentally weak deadwood like Lloris, Emerson, Doherty, Sessegnon, Sanchez, Dier, Davies. And replace them with quality(i could live with Dier and Davies on the bench).

BUT is Conte the man to take us forward? The football we are playing is awful. And he has no tactical flexability whatsoever!

He sets us up to win by defending, with the shittiest defence in the league.
And he always plays 2 men against 3 in midfield.
I mean it's just insane, and plain suicidal!

Every game i see 11 players not enjoying themselfs. And lately i see 11 players NOT playing for their manager.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom