Tottenham Hotspur v. Wycombe Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can basically give you the Wycombe team already, provided we don't pick up any injuries this week:

---------------------------- Blackman -------------------------------

Jombati ------------ Pierre -------- Stewart --------- Jacobson

---------------- O'Nien ------------------- Gape -----------------

---------------------------- Saunders --------------------------------

------- Kashket ------ Akinfenwa ------- Cowan-Hall -------

We are unbeaten in our last 17 meaningful games, with Kashket, Akinfenwa, Gape, Blackman and Jacobson all in brilliant form. I am optimistic tbh, and expect us to put up a good fight, especially if you play your reserves. Jombati at right back is the weak link IMO. He could easily get exploited.

Last edited:
I can basically give you the Wycombe team already, provided we don't pick up any injuries this week:

We are unbeaten in our last 17 meaningful games, with Kashket, Akinfenwa, Gape, Blackman and Jacobson all in brilliant form. I am optimistic tbh, and expect us to put up a good fight, especially if you play your reserves. Jombati at right back is the weak link IMO. He could easily get exploited.
How's Sam Wood doing these days? his a family friend

How's Sam Wood doing these days? his a family friend
He's a solid team player. Tries hard and always gives 100%. Not the greatest quality, and normally on the bench these days, but he has put in some good performances as a sub e.g. against Stourbridge in the Third Round, and Newport the week after. I would expect him to come on off the bench on Saturday, probably for Cowan-Hall.

Last edited:
No offence to Wycombe, I am sure they are good on their day, but if we can't rotate the side against a League 2 side, then we really don't have the depth to compete for the title this season.

I will be honest, it is Akinfenwa and a list of random words to me.

I agree, if our fringe players cant beat a league 2 team, then they really are not good enough for us. Some of our players weekly wage is bigger than there teams !
I have faith that 11 changed team will have enough, and feel lucky that we have such a talented squad to pick from, with some players needing game time who have real quality (Trips, Winksy etc).

So...to the F.A. Cup!

-------------------------------Vorm------------------------------
Trippier------Carter-Vickers------Wimmer------Davies
----------------------Dier---------------Winks-----------------
Sissoko-------------------Onomah--------------N'Koudou
------------------------------Janssen----------------------------

Be good to see a bit of Edwards off the bench.

Comfortable 2-0 win.
I like your selection but would put Son in for Onomah.

Vorm, Trippier, Carter-Vickers, Wimmer, Davies, Wanyama, Winks, Sissoko, Son, N'Koudou, Janssen.

This...

Another valuable test of our depth. All potential first team-ers that need and should be eager for game-time.

Conventional back-4/2CMs; keep it solid. GKN & Son (from the flanks) bombard Jansen (with Sissoko bulldozing in behind him + thru-balls from Winks) with so much service that he can't NOT score.

I will be honest, it is Akinfenwa and a list of random words to me.
I'd imagine it would be the same for most people tbh. However:

- Kashket is pure quality and should be playing at a much higher level. He will cause you problems on Saturday, and I wouldn't be surprised if you hear a lot more about him over the next few years. So much talent and ability. He is really fast, clinical at finishing, great footwork and has very intelligent movement. A bit like a young Michael Owen. He is only just 20.
- Blackman is a very very promising youth goalkeeper on loan from Chelsea. He is brilliant at dealing with aerial balls and a great shot-stopper. I reckon he easily has the potential to play in the Prem.
- Pierre and Stewart both also have a fair amount of potential, and will probably be sold to teams in higher divisions this Summer. Very solid defenders.

The rest are good quality League 1/2 players.

- Kashket is pure quality and should be playing at a much higher level. He will cause you problems on Saturday, and I wouldn't be surprised if you hear a lot more about him over the next few years. So much talent and ability. He is really fast, clinical at finishing, great footwork and has very intelligent movement. A bit like a young Michael Owen. He is only just 20.
- Blackman is a very very promising youth goalkeeper on loan from Chelsea. He is brilliant at dealing with aerial balls and a great shot-stopper. I reckon he easily has the potential to play in the Prem.
- Pierre and Stewart both also have a fair amount of potential, and will probably be sold to teams in higher divisions this Summer. Very solid defenders.

Are you going to the match?
And how many Wanderers fans will be there?

Are you going to the match?
And how many Wanderers fans will be there?
Yep. I am a ST holder at Adams Park so I got my away ticket last week. Row 16. I've never been to WHL before, so it should be a good experience. You've only given us an allocation of 4050, so that is how many we're taking. We wanted at least 5000, but your reduced capacity means that we weren't given as much as normal.

Yep. I am a ST holder at Adams Park so I got my away ticket last week. Row 16. I've never been to WHL before, so it should be a good experience. You've only given us an allocation of 4050, so that is how many we're taking. We wanted at least 5000, but your reduced capacity means that we weren't given as much as normal.

Still 500 more than your average home gate.

I found out a little on Kashket after the draw was made. Sounds like he's developed quite the little n' large team with Akinfenwa.

Any idea why he was so poorly managed by the owner of his last club?

Back
Top Bottom