Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Actually today I started to think about tomorrows game and I thought that why in the world is everyone expecting that Juve comes to us to attack tomorrow. I seriously doubt they will.

I think Allegri is cunning old dud and he starts the game with full parked bus. Remember - Juve needs to score once and keep us on 0 and mission is accomplished. Sure, some young and angry hot-head might come to brush us aside with attacking football but that is not Allegri's Juve stlye, and furthermore they don't need do do it. If they defend smartly then we will push the game to their side and being counter-attacking side, this is what they want. To soak up the pressure and hit us on the counter and score this one needed goal. So I expect first 25 minutes Juve playing in very deep positions. I just hope that Poch and all the players are ready for such a move tomorrow.

COYS!!!

Actually today I started to think about tomorrows game and I thought that why in the world is everyone expecting that Juve comes to us to attack tomorrow. I seriously doubt they will.

I think Allegri is cunning old dud and he starts the game with full parked bus. Remember - Juve needs to score once and keep us on 0 and mission is accomplished. Sure, some young and angry hot-head might come to brush us aside with attacking football but that is not Allegri's Juve stlye, and furthermore they don't need do do it. If they defend smartly then we will push the game to their side and being counter-attacking side, this is what they want. To soak up the pressure and hit us on the counter and score this one needed goal. So I expect first 25 minutes Juve playing in very deep positions. I just hope that Poch and all the players are ready for such a move tomorrow.

COYS!!!
Indeed. Conventional wisdom says they must attack us, but you’re right, Allegri might play 80 minutes of counter attack catenaccio and see where it gets him. If he’s ahead then they’ll forget the counter attack and simply lock the door.

COYS!!!
They will be going for the classic italian 1-0. We should have too much for them in the end. Confident of going through. & I am not above going through on away goals. We just need to have composure like we have mainly had so far in europe this season

The wine definitely is
Awful stuff.
Lived there for 6 months and the food and the people were great, beautiful country, hell - even the Carabinieri were ok.
But the wine,......pah!
Were you at JFC Naples by any chance? I don't often disagree with anyone but the Italian wine I necked was sublime. Don't tell me that the French have anything that can stand up to a good Brunello di Montalcino or anything from the Veneto!

7w1YqLh.jpg

Their squad that's travelled.

No Mandzukic, both Dybala & Higuain not 100%.

So so excited about tomorrow's game. Nervous, excited, butterflies in my stomach. I can't wait! :coys:

Yeah it’s a great feeling.

Was talking to a guy earlier about an FA game versus Peterborough back in the mid 90s.

It went to penalties .... about as dramatic as it got back then.

How far we have come...... we’ve earnt our stripes for nights like these.

Yeah it’s a great feeling.

Was talking to a guy earlier about an FA game versus Peterborough back in the mid 90s.

It went to penalties .... about as dramatic as it got back then.

How far we have come...... we’ve earnt our stripes for nights like these.

I remember listening to that game on the radio. Glory days!

It’s good to recall stuff like that. Reminds me and many others just how great we have things right now. An incredible new stadium on its way, a classy manager, the best striker on the planet (a Spurs fan too), and we’re on the eve of a CL game against Juve after topping a group that featured Madrid and Dortmund.

It’s mental.

As for the game itself, I feel calm now and really looking forward to it. I’m sure I won’t feel quite so calm once it kicks off.

Back
Top Bottom