Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm feeling quite negative about tonight. But that's my usual pessimistic self. Us coming out strong and controlling the tempo will really calm my nerves. COYS!
Same. but I'm always a pessimist. I don't like walking into a game expecting a win. All teams need to be met with respect (but not fear). The ball is in our corner and we can beat Juventus. Now we just got to step up to plate and deliver

I had a pizza in Pisa that was pretty bland (I really did, and it really was), but I found a great restaurant in Genoa.
Genoa....? Not really, but I met her once!

....and your disappointing Pizza experience was probably 'cos Pisa didn't invent Pizza!! ....what's Bologna's excuse? It's THEIR creation FFS!

Hurry up 5pm so I can start drinking!
Why the late start???

Last edited:
I'm feeling quite negative about tonight. But that's my usual pessimistic self. Us coming out strong and controlling the tempo will really calm my nerves. COYS!
I'm usually negative(isn't that fucking obvious) but today feels much much worse. For the last 48 hours every time I think of this match the first thing comes to mind is "Spurs bottling at Wembley" and several individual errors from Sanchez, Dier or Trippier that lead to either a goal or a clear cut chance.

I'm usually negative(isn't that fucking obvious) but today feels much much worse. For the last 48 hours every time I think of this match the first thing comes to mind is "Spurs bottling at Wembley" and several individual errors from Sanchez, Dier or Trippier that lead to either a goal or a clear cut chance.

Know what you mean. But we've been here before with Dortmund/Real/Liverpool/United/Arse etc. No reason why this should be different. I'm not saying we'll do it, but we can. COYS.

Fuck anyone that would say we bottled the game even if we do lose. We've done amazing so far in our CL campaign and should be proud no matter what happens. I get what you mean though about thinking of individual errors and such. All bad thoughts are coming in my mind.

Gazzetta dello sport saying Barzagli will start right back - a CB who's 37 in a couple of months. Son will murder him. But it could also mean they're actually playing 3 at the back. Both our goals in the first game originated in central areas so maybe their game plan is to force us wide. Either way, I think Son - how he plays and how they deal with him - will be one of the decisive factors.

Gazzetta dello sport saying Barzagli will start right back - a CB who's 37 in a couple of months. Son will murder him. But it could also mean they're actually playing 3 at the back. Both our goals in the first game originated in central areas so maybe their game plan is to force us wide. Either way, I think Son - how he plays and how they deal with him - will be one of the decisive factors.

They've played 3 at the back in their last few league games. Would make sense. Slows their defence down but shows their attacking intent. Which I guess is what we should have expected.

Greetings from half away around the globe in Korea. Lived most of my life in London so I'm still not sure if they count me as a Korean. Came back here 3 years ago.
I've been spying on most of your posts and threads so haven't been missing out on the fun and finally decided to join in on the action after almost 2 years.
1:34 am and can't get any sleep excited for the game to kick off (which is 4:45am)
Fuxk work tomorrow I'm screwed.

lets-all-just-calm-down-20289616.png

One from Juventuz forum. An insight to their own perceived weaknesses.

'' we also have some weak links in the starting lineup: right back (it won't matter if it's ds, licht or barza, potentially either of them might be a liability), khedira, chiellini on an off day, and even buffon might cause us issues. spurs are faster, stronger, and if khedira provides next to nothing in the middle, they might have the ball possession advantage from the start, too. we're a more fragile team this term compared to the juve we've seen during the last couple of years in the cl. still, it's an open tie as that spurs defense is shaky as $#@!.''

Chiellini and Buffon! We haven't seen them get old. And Son v their right back.

Back
Top Bottom