Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we are going to get absolutely slaughtered today, I hope that isn't the case.

But if we are going to judge this game on the fact we beat City 1-0 at the start of the season then we are in for a shock because the Chavs have a better team than Cheat Code FC imo.

I think we are going to get absolutely slaughtered today, I hope that isn't the case.

But if we are going to judge this game on the fact we beat City 1-0 at the start of the season then we are in for a shock because the Chavs have a better team than Cheat Code FC imo.

If Chelsea score early then as above.

We are in the same league but in a different division.

No shame in that but today could highlight how far we have slipped behind for now.

In particular our midfield could get taught a painful lesson..

Be brave Nuno!

Lloris
Emerson
Romero
Rodon/Dier
Regi
Hojbjerg
Ndombele
Lo Celso
Lucas
Son
Kane

I can live with Skipp and Hojbjerg, but don't start Dele then. Not against Dele, but he's not creative enough.

Theyve spent a billion more than we have?

Yep, I think we will lose because we just can't compete and have players who aren't willibg to and won't give their all.

And the humongous difference in financial outlay, which however we look at it and at nearly any time is impossible to bridge.

Next week is a fairer match and we will lose that as well. That will be more painful.

I know people will look at the City game and think if we beat City, why can’t we beat Chelsea ? Which is true in a sense, but we caught City on the best day possible right at the start of the season. The players were motivated because it was our 1st full stadium since the pandemic. The issue is, these set of players have proven year on year out, they don’t have the motivation and quality consistently, hence why we are bang average side. Every time we have faced Tuchel chelsea, they have comprehensively outplayed us home and away. This will be no different today, 0-3 Chelsea. Lukaku shafting us with a great big dildo

Accepting and expecting to lose against Chelsea isn't negative but rather realistic, Chelsea are just better managed from top to bottom and yes they spend so what.

Agreed. Such a petty excuse ain’t it? They spend, so we must allow them to win sort of thing. How about you look at the bigger picture and see why our owners who are one of the richest in the world, fail to put the money onto the football field. If they spent more time worrying about our on field matters, rather than the next Anthony Joshua fight, we might actually be able to compete with Chelsea every year. Unfortunately Levy and our owners are a bunch of cheap skate cunts that don’t give a fuck about on field success.

My only concern with this is that if you have no plan to start Winks tomorrow then why play an already injured Skipp and risk an injury to PEH against Rennes? What is Nuno's plan if one of them get injured in that game?

I will happy if the reason Winks wasn't played is because he is being frozen out of the team but risking injuries to our decent MFers when we are thin already is a puzzling, if not terrible, decision by Nuno.

Are you really asking why a manager would select good players instead of shit ones? He wanted to beat Rennes so he played his good players.

Let‘s just pray that Skipp and PEH came through the match OK and we won’t see Winks today.

Because their owner means business and won't accept mediocrity unlike some other clubs who fleece their fans but delivery mediocrity.

Or their owner uses his club to launder blood money gained by being best mates with known murderer Putin? Money stolen from Russian peasants.

And lives out of the reaches of justice/taxes in Israel.

Or their owner uses his club to launder blood money gained by being best mates with known murderer Putin? Money stolen from Russian peasants.

And lives out of the reaches of justice/taxes in Israel.
Also true - Meanwhile ‘champions of Europe you’ll never sing that’

Back
Top Bottom