Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The midfield is gonna be torn apart and I like both Lo Celso and Ndombele. We can’t play two guys who are naturally more attack oriented when our general strategy is probably going to sit back and hit on the break. It’s like wearing a suit when going to skiing.

Maybe I’ll be proven wrong but this midfield might have worked in a Poch team where we’d battle for possession.
Agree but if we set up narrow, and press from a mid-block (as we did vs City) then we can cause Chelsea problems.

Good line up may swap dele for skip and him play with PEH as a two in CM with gio snd tanguy further forward. Problem with dele is he can’t beat a man and slows the attacking play.

Good to see Romero in there, hopefully he is ready to go.

With very little game time this season he unfortunately doesn't have much time to get up to speed.

Also a good reminder to all the predictable whingers about Winks and other selections that Nuno has had a brutal start to the campaign in terms of player availability and we really have no idea who he rates and what he believes his best team is.

Glad to see that we are adding some creativity back into the side and look like we are going to try to take the game to them. Very interested to see how Nuno has his tactics set out for today.

I just hope we can rely on Tanguy and Gio to put in a good defensive performance as well.
We know Gio will put in a shift, he always does. Same with Dele. Let's hope Ndombele will run his bollocks off.

They're missing Kante (their main defensive strength) and have Kepa in goal. If we don't take the game to them today, we never will as long as Nuno is in charge.
Agree - Mendy and Kante completely change their side. Kepa is poor and the two missing are outstanding players

It’s only our 5th game in, and we are mentally preparing for the worst…This club needs to toughen up, we are at home, we have a supposedly 150 million quid centre forward playing, we have two players who have a great record against Chelsea playing, Mr’s Dele & Son….So I put us as slight favourites to win this, there is no need to shit our pants here….3-1 Kane, Dele, Son…….

No Winks.
Only 1 DM.
Sonny & Dier back.
Ndombele starts.

Still some can't resist a little moan. :dierpochhug:

It’s only our 5th game in, and we are mentally preparing for the worst…This club needs to toughen up, we are at home, we have a supposedly 150 quid centre forward playing, we have two players who have a great record against Chelsea playing, Mr’s Dele & Son….So I put us as slight favourites to win this, there is no need to shit our pants here….3-1 Kane, Dele, Son…….
When did we bring Janssen back? I must've missed that.

Or, we actually see Romero and Dierpush up and we try and pin Chelsea back, so a more standard 4/3/3.

Would leave Dier very exposed though, so more likely a diamond.
Having seen us so far I’m fully expecting us to sit in a mid-block and press from that base. I just hope we press and are aggressive.

Big test for Romero today, Lukaku can roll him if he tries to step in front, Dier needs to be ready for this.

Would be interesting to know how he did against him last year in Italy

Back
Top Bottom