Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I read this 5 times to no avail and hope you’re not driving tonight

That's because you are not that bright.

He is right. You, as always are wrong.

Levy wants poch back because only poch has ever made Teflon Dan ( I was the first person to come up with this) look good.

But I can't see it happening.

The two of them need to be the furthest up the pitch and the midfield should be finding them. But we are so fucking slow. Sideways backwards bollocks. I see both son and kane in positions where we could be finding them but always go for the safe option.
I agree with you but we only have 1 player who can reliably pass the ball forward in midfield with any penetration to find them. And he can only play 60 minutes, isn't fit, runs a bit funny, eats too many big Mac's yada yada etc.

Our issue isn't so much Kane and Son but the dross that clogs up the squad around them.

Levy wants poch back because only poch has ever made Teflon Dan ( I was the first person to come up with this) look good.

Go to bed Joe

Antonio Rudiger should have been sent off for deliberately booting the ball hard at Emerson Royce who was on the ground. To do that anytime is a dirty thing to do, but to do that today was EVIL.

Instead of being sent off he scores their 3rd goal. Something is very corrupt in the Premier League.

I'd honestly go all out for Potter. If not him then why not Franks from Brentford. Like you say a young hungry manager who at least attacks. I can stomach today's result if we tried going toe to toe. I can't understand how we've ended up with Nuno. I can't think of a more anti Tottenham manager to be honest.

The whole age thing is making me chuckle (not just you)....

Nuno: 47
Potter: 46
Frank: 47
Rodgers: 48
Ten Haag: 51

We did fuck all even when they didn't. Did we really test their keeper?

That's why I'm baffled as to why some were getting so excited after the first half. Yes we pressed well at times, we played with more energy than usual, and we limited them to very little. But it's a London derby and we're at home. It's the least you would expect. All in all we barely created a good chance ourselves, and Chelsea were always going to get better in this game. It was a pretty poor half of football.

In the first half Chelsea still cut us open on a few occasions and could have had a couple. Even when we were on top, we'll on top, we were giving up big chances
Yes we did but that's normal, they are a good team and going toe to toe and competing with teams like this is what we want. However we didn't deserve a goal. Times we were one on one we just take a safe option and go wide then aren't quick enough to get it in so get closed down and go backwards. It's all so easy for teams and predictable.

…remember when?...

4 January 2017

Tottenham Hotspur 2

Chelsea 0

“…Spurs moved up to third place as headers from Dele Alli either side of half-time made the difference to leave Chelsea five points ahead of Liverpool in second place. Alli rose to meet Christian Eriksen's cross in first-half stoppage time and the same pair combined to put the game out of Chelsea's reach in the 54th minute…”

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38447903

COYS

The whole age thing is making me chuckle (not just you)....

Nuno: 47
Potter: 46
Frank: 47
Rodgers: 48
Ten Haag: 51
Ill qualify it with I want a young hungry manager who tries to play attacking football. Someone who actually believes in the motto rather than Nuno who was fed it 2 seconds before the camera rolled. Again though you are researching all these ages etc to start an argument. I don't mind mate. I'll argue.

So chicken shit out of other managers because there was only one person ever capable of doing the job?

And would Poch have to work under the Italian useless bellend?

I agree with you but we only have 1 player who can reliably pass the ball forward in midfield with any penetration to find them. And he can only play 60 minutes, isn't fit, runs a bit funny, eats too many big Mac's yada yada etc.

Our issue isn't so much Kane and Son but the dross that clogs up the squad around them.
That's where the recruitment was all fucking wrong. But most basic skilled footballers can make 'that pass' the one that creates a chance or even drive up the pitch and shoot. But they are so well trained just to take a safe sideways pass.

Still on the way home from the game.

Good-ish 1st half. We looked decent, even good at times. They looked rattled and like that hadn’t turned up.

Said to my mates at HT that we could expect Kante at some point and Tuchel had the bollocks to do it there and then. I think I’m right in thinking that Dele was ‘marking’ Thiago Silva. As said above, the first goal killed us. We became the familiar Spurs we all know and loathe - spineless, gutless team of selfish individuals. Dishonourable mentions : Regulion (headless chicken with no composure), GLC (see Reggy), N’Belly (was physically finished after 40/45mins YET provided glimpses of what he ‘might’ deliver more consistently if he became a professional footballer, Dele (a fraud) & Kane - who looks like he couldn’t give a fuck…

Sick and tired. We are a shambolic joke

Back
Top Bottom