Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea [CAPITAL ONE CUP FINAL]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

COYS... Whoops this was psoted after moley's my bad.

B8d9zukCUAIOWGd.jpg:large

B8d9eZ-IYAAyfab.jpg:large

B8d89KcIYAAImxk.jpg

B8d8dukCcAA2FcV.jpg

B8eJrLFCYAAV_O7.png:large

2526C5B300000578-2930272-Tottenham_have_Eriksen_to_thank_after_his_two_goals_at_Bramall_L-m-76_1422481958516.jpg

B8ipAGRCYAATZLh.jpg:large

B8i1eFOCMAA3JG2.jpg:large

10914564_335082326702273_17822519_n.jpg

sf730j.jpg

B8ek31TCAAIbUvD.jpg:large

B8d81NkIMAEXwVT.jpg

Last edited:
If Poch plays his cards right, we won't be too knackered from the match before the Wembley final. Some sensible squad rotation will help.

Also, not too arsed about the COC. The priority must be qualifying for next season's CL. Either do it the hard way (finish top 4) or the semi-hard way (win the EL). Once you have CL football, you hold a great bargaining chip when it comes to making signings. Beautiful things will follow.
dear god

https://www.thstofficial.com/thst-news/wembley-flags-your-help-needed1
THFC has kindly agreed to provide a flag for every Spurs fan at Wembley for the Capital One Cup Final on Sunday 1 March 2015.
A flag will be laid on every one of our 31461 seats and will hopefully look fantastic on the day. But they won't get there by magic. This is where we need your help.
We're looking for volunteers who can get to Wembley for 9.00am on Saturday 28 February and put in a few hours graft laying out the flags in our allocated end. Refreshments will be provided. Tickets for the final sadly won't be, just to make that abundantly clear! There is no access to tickets through volunteering.
We'd recommend wearing comfortable clothing suitable for the outdoors and flat shoes. For Health and Safety reasons, we're unable to accept any Under 16's on this occasion.
Parking will be available for those who prefer to drive to the stadium and the exact meeting place will be confirmed shortly.
We'd love to have you involved in what should be a memorable experience on the eve of the big day.
To flag your interest, please email [email protected] with your name and vehicle registration number, if you’re planning on driving. We’ll confirm your place asap.

Reckon we can give the trust Paulinho for the day? Won't have to tackle anything and can take as long as he likes. Probably still be doing it by the time kick off comes around on the Sunday, everyone wins.

We all know if it was reversed we'd want Chelsea to win over the scum
I'm afraid I wouldnt. Whilst Woolwich will always be our no. 1 sporting rival, there is a level of hatred that I have for everything that Chelsea represents and all that it has represented that, for me, runs far deeper. Their fans are either white trash racists from the burbs or new fans from fucking anywhere. Their regime is dodgy, corrupt, dirty money. They've fucked up modern football in England. No class, no decency, no genuine quality in anything they do. And nothing that I wish we did or had at Tottenham.

Not sure if the point has been made already (can't be bothered to sift through the trolling and in fighting to see) but - how galling is it to have to watch a cup final, that the respective fans of both participants would donate vital organs to witness live - only to see the corporate hospitality seats empty for vast periods of the game.
Why don't they simply take the freeloading arseholes to a big room, full of vats of prawn sandwiches and champagne and a big screen showing money being counted, and let real football fans sit in the seats and watch the game?
The scenes of empty rows and sections of seats pretty much encapsulates what is wrong with todays football.

People moaning about EL mid-week games disrupting our season but they want us to qualify for the CL so we can play mid-week games again

:avbfacepalm:

I just don't get how it is so hard to see the difference of how much worse Eurpoa League is. All the naysayers who tout 'it's no different to Wednesday/Saturday', whilst correct about the time elapsed between that and a Thursday/Sunday being the same, miss a lot more relevant points.....

Champions League is sometimes split Tuesday AND Wednesday so you can and do have an extra day, you never do with EL (unless a rare Monday Night Football fixture).

More to the point as well, there are regularly 2-3 matches on a Sunday as well due to TV so Champions League sides often get a Wednesday/Sunday.

From the above it is broken up a bit and increased in terms of rest days.

In EL there are two more games to go all the way.

In EL you're regularly going to much further flung places than France, Spain, Germany, Italy and Holland. You get some treks in the CL too but far fewer and generally better trips and/or capital/main city clubs with better facilities!

And not to be underestimated is the prestige and subsequent adrenaline that you get with the CL including most group games. Running on that helps far more than the auto-pilot, tin-pot attitude and feel of he EL for most until it gets to the much later stages.

HUGE DIFFERENCES!!!!!

We've got one of the best goalkeepers in the world in our ranks and we're playing Chelsea in the League Cup final.
Lloris to start.

Right, I'm signing for tonight, going to take a couple of pain killers and going to bed, don't know how much sleep I'm going to get though. Keep the faith all of you, no in-fighting now until after the game; after all, we are all on the same side and want the same thing, don't we? Take care all of those you going to the game, and COYS

Back
Top Bottom