Tottenham Hotspur vs Leicester City. May 1st, Sunday – 2 PM.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A few potential changes that Conte has to consider - not sure he's going t like them ?!

1 Change to a back 4 with Ben Davies as LB, bringing Harvey White in as a 3rd CM - he's able to be more creative, good going forward with a decent cross from the left wing. Conte's been quite positive about White ..... but ?

2 On the right hand side, Marcel Lavinier (on the bench last week) could slot is as a RWB (or RB) in place of Emerson Royal, and would be a much more natural RWB than Royal ..... but with much less experience Conte might see that as too much of a risk.

3 The alternative to Lavinier could be Stevie Bergwijn as RWB - and as Mourhino changed Bergwijn into a defensive right winger he's played in a fairly similar position to RWB before.

If Conte doesn't want to start with one pf these ...... could he make a change at say 60 minutes so as to try to change things in the 2nd half. ?

We cannot go back to a back 4. We were a disaster defensively when we played that formation under Nuno. For example Dier and Sanchez usually shit their pants with more defensive responsibility. Even if you dislike Conte you can’t argue that our defense has been a problem under him, we’ve improved drastically in the defence and that’s thanks to the back 3.

We are extremely limited in the positions we need most: creative midfielder and RWB. I do hope Conte comes up with something other than Emerson though, perhaps Bergwijn or Kulu can play there.

And I don’t blame him for not going to a 3-5-2 because Winks is the only other midfielder and he hides + he can’t defend, so.. this is why Conte is so vocal about Skipp’s return

We cannot go back to a back 4. We were a disaster defensively when we played that formation under Nuno. For example Dier and Sanchez usually shit their pants with more defensive responsibility. Even if you dislike Conte you can’t argue that our defense has been a problem under him, we’ve improved drastically in the defence and that’s thanks to the back 3.

We are extremely limited in the positions we need most: creative midfielder and RWB. I do hope Conte comes up with something other than Emerson though, perhaps Bergwijn or Kulu can play there.

And I don’t blame him for not going to a 3-5-2 because Winks is the only other midfielder and he hides + he can’t defend, so.. this is why Conte is so vocal about Skipp’s return

This is basically what it comes down to. We know our CBs can only defend properly in a 3. Without Skipp we don't have a third midfielder worth playing. There are no obvious solutions, our squad is paper thin. But this is what Conte is paid the big money for, he has to find a solution from what we have. Surely there is some combination of 11 players and a tactical plan that can create more than 0 shots at goal against bottom half teams?

A few potential changes that Conte has to consider - not sure he's going t like them ?!

1 Change to a back 4 with Ben Davies as LB, bringing Harvey White in as a 3rd CM - he's able to be more creative, good going forward with a decent cross from the left wing. Conte's been quite positive about White ..... but ?

2 On the right hand side, Marcel Lavinier (on the bench last week) could slot is as a RWB (or RB) in place of Emerson Royal, and would be a much more natural RWB than Royal ..... but with much less experience Conte might see that as too much of a risk.

3 The alternative to Lavinier could be Stevie Bergwijn as RWB - and as Mourhino changed Bergwijn into a defensive right winger he's played in a fairly similar position to RWB before.

If Conte doesn't want to start with one pf these ...... could he make a change at say 60 minutes so as to try to change things in the 2nd half. ?
Good suggestions. I can't see him going to a back 4. So I'd like to see Bergwijn (or Kulu) at RWB, and possibly White as 3rd midfielder option from the bench, even if more likely in a 352.

This is basically what it comes down to. We know our CBs can only defend properly in a 3. Without Skipp we don't have a third midfielder worth playing. There are no obvious solutions, our squad is paper thin. But this is what Conte is paid the big money for, he has to find a solution from what we have. Surely there is some combination of 11 players and a tactical plan that can create more than 0 shots at goal against bottom half teams?
The most obvious one is Kulu at RWB and Berg/Lucas as the attacker.

Whatever risk you run by not having a natural defender at RWB is massively offset by actually having a footballer there who the rest of the team are willing to pass to. At the moment our right flank is just a black hole where football dies.

It is insanity to keep playing Emerson, it really is.

He looked so silky in his first few games. Aggressive off the ball, composed and always playing forward.

He was a complete ghost against Brentford, I don't get it.
This makes me so sad
Not Crying Golden Girls GIF by TV Land

Leicester will field a lesser team as their main focus now is the Conference cup. It's their only hope for Europe next season
We'll see....
It'll be interesting to see whether Leicester go as weak as West Ham do against the Arse ..
Basically, we're BOTH facing teams with supposed bigger distractions/priorities....

By that logic, we'll BOTH win!
Then again, who saw our/their last 2 results coming???

Leicester will rest important players but I watched West Ham do that against Chelsea yesterday and they still put up a big fight.

Leicester hate us, they still have their pride to play for and they would delight in spoiling our season. It will be just as tough as the last two matches no matter who they select.

Difficult to see us winning based on how we are playing. Against Brighton we were complacent but against Brentford we played more seriously but still had zero chances and should have really lost. Conte has to change something.

Time to act, something different
We don't have wing backs
No need for Royal or Sess on the pitch, Reg physically weak for the PL is not much better

Squad is so crap , don't blame Conte but he's been stubborn

Hugo
Sanchez Rom Dier Ben
Lucas Bent Hojg Reg
Son Kane

Back
Top Bottom