Tottenham Hotspur vs Leicester City. May 1st, Sunday – 2 PM.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we are going to continue with the back 3 then it should probably be Davies at LWB, our best spell against Brentford came when Davinson went into the back 3 and Davies pushed up. At least we would have a reliable player there.
A back 3 means there is too much reliance on our wing backs to get attacks going and they just aren't good enough. Revert to 4231 and Moura and Kulu can help track back if need be
Lloris
Royal
Romeo
Dier
Davies
PEH
Bentancur
Kulu
Son
Moura
Kane

A back 3 means there is too much reliance on our wing backs to get attacks going and they just aren't good enough. Revert to 4231 and Moura and Kulu can help track back if need be
Lloris
Royal
Romeo
Dier
Davies
PEH
Bentancur
Kulu
Son
Moura
Kane
Kulu can't track back, too slow.

Well we have a week to prepare whilst unlike Brighton &Brentford Leicester play midweek and it is more important than us. Should give us the advantage but we will see.

Lloris
Romero - Dier - Davies
Lucas - Hojbjerg - Bentancur - Bergwijn
Kulusevski - Kane - Son

tumblr_inline_p1brmcd9Dk1rr08jv_500.jpg

Leicester play in ECL versus Roma on Thursday - so a number of their players with a 3 day break before they play us will not be fully rested.

And they play Roma again middle of next week

So on Sunday we should play at a high tempo from the start - they won't be able to live with us.

This is what I find a little baffling about Bergwijn.

We wanted Traore to convert into a RWB, but whilst Bergwijn isn’t as tall or anywhere as large, he’s pretty stocky, fast, good dribbler and a better finisher so I really want to know what is making Conte not even consider it.

Perhaps he’s not good at defending but we’ve seen Royal get bailed out by Romero so surely he can’t be any worse in that aspect but actually is a threat going forward.

If he goes LWB with Davies covering, perhaps I’d be more concerned.

The first 11 are barely playing well enough to carry themselves. No way can they carry winks right now.
No winks please his had enough chances. I just don’t get why conte has not given any minutes to harvey, berg, Rodon or other youngsters. For me play harvey in a cm 3 play 3 up top and back 4. Even Sanchez at RB is better than royal. Back 4, davies dier Romero Sanchez. Midfield PEH harvey benta. Front son Kane berg.

Wishful thinking! I said before the Brentford hope conte and the players saw how dippers came out of the blocks v manure. Obviously watched Cretaceous instead as our play was exciting as watching ceefax. Sane with Brighton game at home needed to get the 3 points to put pressure on and give us a gap and they played the turgid style of football we have seen for 3 years now.

He's completely folded whenever we've been under pressure in games lately.
Well his shown that in general he is a £15-20M player. Everyone goes over the top after a few wins where in a few of those games we were awful on the first half (villa and toon). Gave us no control of the game. We got bailed out especially villa with a long ball out to kane to flick on for kulu otherwise midfield created f all.

Back
Top Bottom