Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool | Sunday 19 Dec | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Klopp is such a prick. Always has endless excuses when his team doesn’t win.
...at least we were spared the nauseatingly annoying gurning chest thumping circus act at the end!

If we weren't gonna win, then that alone was (almost) worthy of the 2 points we dropped!

What a performance.

Winks, Alli, Sess all put in good shifts, Tanguy actually tried.

Ran our luck a little but could have scored six. And kept Salah quiet.
I'm glad Winks and Dele are getting the praise here ..
'cos pre-match, we all thought the same thing with that line-up, and had they fucked up, it woulda been all on them, yet many are citing Conte's genius at selecting/getting the best out of them, rather than actually giving the players themselves some credit for taking it on board.

Ndombele's pass for the Kane goal was sublime, as was Winks' ball for Sonny to get onto... (Even though Allison fucked up a bit, the ball still had to be put in there!)

Whisper it, but maybe, just maybe, they were decent players all along, they just needed to rediscover their undoubted ability!!

We are definitely the most hated club in the Premier League these days. I fucking love it.
I genuinely don’t get it though, we’ve won nothing in years, we’ve been pretty shit for the last few seasons, they all say we’re a small club, apparently we’re bottlers… yet they’re all obsessed with us? Fucking weirdos

fuck of klopp and floss your teeth you cunt
He'd need this:
images

I genuinely don’t get it though, we’ve won nothing in years, we’ve been pretty shit for the last few seasons, they all say we’re a small club, apparently we’re bottlers… yet they’re all obsessed with us? Fucking weirdos
I got that yesterday overhere. Hatred is massive and I'm loving it.

That was probably the best game of Premier League football there has been for a few years, in general. It had everything, proper end to end, tactics and 2 teams wanting to win.

Kane, great goal, very lucky not to see red. Robertson was a definite red. Salah was handball. Winks is prime Pirlo... AND WHERE HAS THIS DELE BEEN? Granted it's one game, but it was taking a trip back down memory lane.

The Conte effect is really beginning to show. We have an exciting 4-5 months ahead.
Managing people isn't just a matter of telling them what to do, micromanaging them, and criticising everything they achieve. Managing people is about listening to the people that do the job for you, managing their expectations, utilising their best skills and making them feel like a wanted part of the team output.

Everyone trots out the "Form is temporary, class is permanent" mantra - Winks and Alli showed what they are made of, if they are managed properly.

IMHO

This really pisses me off.

The whole new stage of play thing is crap in this instance.

He was in the 6 yard box. The ball did not leave our pen area after.

How is a handball, in the 6 yard box, not influencing the play and leading to a goal?!

Worst still he was doing bloody jazz hands after so you didn't even need replays to know it hit his hand!
This is part of a poorly thought backlash to the pen that Fulham conceded to us - I think.

The fact is, that he handled it and retained possession due to the handball, whether it was an accident is immaterial, he profited from the handball, so it should be given as a foul and a free kick.

Similarly, the foul on Winks in their penalty area was just as much of a foul as the Jota incident. Jota played for the foul, anywhere else on the pitch and he would have fought for the ball. Not sure why that was glossed over by jenas and Shearer, whilst they eviscerated Kane

This is part of a poorly thought backlash to the pen that Fulham conceded to us - I think.

The fact is, that he handled it and retained possession due to the handball, whether it was an accident is immaterial, he profited from the handball, so it should be given as a foul and a free kick.

Similarly, the foul on Winks in their penalty area was just as much of a foul as the Jota incident. Jota played for the foul, anywhere else on the pitch and he would have fought for the ball. Not sure why that was glossed over by jenas and Shearer, whilst they eviscerated Kane
You are sure. Agenda.

.....And we were forced to field 3 misfits in MF that most wanted sold in Jan.

+ Sanchez who many also want gone.
+ Sess who most had given up on 2/3 weeks ago.
+ A bunch of them had Covid 10 days ago.
+ We'd barely trained.

Sorry mate; not having it. Stop with the excuses for them. We had it worse.

Mane, Jota, Salah, Firminho, TAA, Robertson, Milner, Keita, Matip, Alison, their fancy new CB who cost a fair few bob....

The only caveat against their XI was Milner (who's still a top pro and a good player) and a 19yr old who's played just as much as (maybe more than) Sessengon this season.

I never said we didn't! They have a much better squad than we do so they can cope with injuries. Just making the point that they were missing their usual midfield yesterday. It was as good as any time to play them this season. But we still had to go out their and perform and we did just that, while also keeping Salah as quiet as I've seen him all season.

This really pisses me off.

The whole new stage of play thing is crap in this instance.

He was in the 6 yard box. The ball did not leave our pen area after.

How is a handball, in the 6 yard box, not influencing the play and leading to a goal?!

Worst still he was doing bloody jazz hands after so you didn't even need replays to know it hit his hand!
This

Everyone asking why salah wasn't penalised for the handball.

The rules are it's not handball if the goal comes from a second phase of play. If salah handballs it and then scores then VAR overturns it.

As Lloris got a hand to it, its now a second phase of play hence why not overturned.

Rules are rules and they were followed.

The bigger issue that there are cunts making up these shit rules which are killing the game.

Liverpool gain an advantage by salah handling it. The play should stop there. End of.

This

Everyone asking why salah wasn't penalised for the handball.

The rules are it's not handball if the goal comes from a second phase of play. If salah handballs it and then scores then VAR overturns it.

As Lloris got a hand to it, its now a second phase of play hence why not overturned.

Rules are rules and they were followed.

The bigger issue that there are cunts making up these shit rules which are killing the game.

Liverpool gain an advantage by salah handling it. The play should stop there. End of.
But there wouldn't have been a second phase of play if the ref had blown for the handball.

Whoever made that rule up must have been trolling, Lloris attsmpted to save the ball after the ball hit Salah'a hand therefore he's on the floor and at a disadvantage.

Managing people isn't just a matter of telling them what to do, micromanaging them, and criticising everything they achieve. Managing people is about listening to the people that do the job for you, managing their expectations, utilising their best skills and making them feel like a wanted part of the team output.

Everyone trots out the "Form is temporary, class is permanent" mantra - Winks and Alli showed what they are made of, if they are managed properly.

IMHO
Well I think they need to do it over a longer period of time to prove that and not just one game. I'll use Dier as an example he cost us so many goals at the start of this season, but , no question of a doubt since conte has come in proved that he has something to offer and probably put together his best run of form since poch put him in dm for that first half of a season.

Are you so short on knowledge you can’t discern ?
I can, I know the difference between asking a question and mounting a personal attack.
You however, appear not to. Either that or we have a big gap between our understanding of what constitutes a personal attack.

If you say anything I disagree with and feel compelled to respond, I'll try to remember to soft soap everything for you. If you are prepared to launch a defence like this on someone else's behalf, heaven only knows how upset you will be if I have the cheek to pass comment on your posts.

Well I think they need to do it over a longer period of time to prove that and not just one game. I'll use Dier as an example he cost us so many goals at the start of this season, but , no question of a doubt since conte has come in proved that he has something to offer and probably put together his best run of form since poch put him in dm for that first half of a season.
Agreed. However, I have always maintained (certainly where Winks is concerned) that his game appeared poor because he was being misused. Maybe that was Alli's problem as well, but his languid style has the effect of appearing lazy and disinterested.

Dier always got accused of being to blame for us conceding goals, even when it wasn't his fault - so much so that Guido posted a lot of detail why people were getting it wrong where he was concerned. Maybe you should look it up and read it.

Back
Top Bottom