Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United Sunday 23rd October. 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Similar passive defensive style. Hopefully grind out a good result. People have this idea that it works for us teams attacking us but the truth is teams that are up for it push us back and we can't build up meaningful attacks which I suspect will be the same vs Newcastle. Hopefully we nick a goal or two from our 2 or 3 meaningful attacks.

Going, if it's as bad as tonight I may never go again. Last time I saw us againsg them we lost to a Joelinton goal. It can't get that bad can it? Massive reaction please.

In the absence of Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor I'm going to predict a 7-1.

Just hope the lads bounce back but we can expect Newcastle to come in with their tails up. Home has been a safe house for us, but the team’s confidence will really be shaken if they get done.

Praying Kulusevski is back.

Desperation talking and it shouldn't be like that.

It says so much that we always seem to talk about players who aren't playing.

Irrespective of Kulusevski being fit or not, Newcastle will fancy it and Howe will have them more than ready

I think it's highly unlikely that we win.

Really big game need to get back on track , these cunts won’t be easy ..

It's kind of irrelevant though. We all know we might win although I think it's really unlikely.

But we also know that in the grand analysis it won't matter and that for me is the problematic piece.

We cannot deliver when the pressure is on. It's been like that for longer than I care to concede.

It’s all good guys, Emerson Royal is back for this one. If things couldn’t get any fucking worse from last nights gutless display

Frustrated Headache GIF by Kelly Clarkson

Unfortunately the 5 at the back is inevitable so the only thing that can be changed really is the wing backs. I don't think spence could possibly offer any less than the other two and I don't think perisic has the legs for the wing back role in this league.
Hugo
Spence sanchez Romero Davies sess
Skipp bentancur
Lucas kane Gil

That would be my lineup to switch it up. I know it won't happen and many won't agree but we have to start performing better and keeping everything the same is clearly not working for the performance and it's not working for the belief within the squad and the fans that we can do something special this year. We must start doing better or I fear we'll drop off and it'll go the same way as under previous managers.

Back
Top Bottom