Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United Sunday 23rd October. 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How can Eddie Howe make relegation threatened Newcastle look a top 4 threat and play decent stuff after getting 1 player of note (Guimaraes) last January but Conte needs a few more years to get us to actually pass to one another? C'mon folks. time to wake up.

Believe it or not,with the investment/new owners I'm sure the players know they are not there to fuck around. But I think it might be more to do with a modern football approach. Few of NUFC players out there today would have been wanted by folks on this board during the summer. That speaks to the manager.
Everyone crapping themselves that "Conte might walk....."...... "Conte might get upset"....... "Conte won't be happy"

What's the point of having an Elite manager if the excuses for him not succeeding are that he hasn't got Elite players.

Isn't he supposed to come up with a system to get the best out of his players abilities?

15 Mill for this crap?

I want him to succeed as much as anything, but I'm not going to worry and wet myself about "him" leaving "us".

Last edited:
You're right.

It wasn't like this last season though was it? like it's different?

we won 4-0 away at Leeds , 4-0 away at Villa, 5- 1 at home to Newcastle, 5-0 away at Norwich, 3-1 home vs Leicester, 3-0 home vs the scum.

it was good, we were playing so well! What has changed?
That's so easy to answer and I said it in the summer.

We haven't changed, but that's exactly why we are struggling.

What has changed is that the opposition have learnt.

I've been saying it over and over, with the amount of analysis that goes on in the game now, it won't take long for teams to work out how we play and they will counter that. We've been found out with the Kane to Son tactic and vice versa. That's a large percentage of our chance creation. Teams now have 3 men around Kane, defenders are happy to follow him in to midfield if required and commit a foul to prevent him for playing through balls.

Teams also are marking Son much more tightly. He has 2 defenders near him and they don't let him run. Basically the defenders give away a tactical foul against him in no man's land and that's it. It totally kills any momentum for us.

Kulusevski provides some unpredictability which the defenders can't prepare for as much. But equally when he does play, the left back invariably marks him tightly and they are happy to leave Emerson free on that side as he proves zero attacking threat.

I've basically accounted for 85% of our chance creation in that post.

Since then we have added Richarlison who has provided a different problem primarily through work rate. But I've always had doubts in the quality of his final product. Additionally he's not being helped playing RW. I think he plays best through the middle.

Conte has to find other ways to skin a cat, otherwise we'll struggle to create chances. Currently the emphasis is trying to get the front 3 to play off each other with flicks, and one - twos but it's low percentage football IMO.

We've all said it, the wing backs are essential and we didn't address that area adequately enough in the summer. Added to the fact we passed on signing an AM too!

Both goals I lay totally at the feet of Hugo. First is absolutely calamity- just put the ball safely in row Z- Hugo should NEVER be trying to play the ball with his feet. The second his pass out to the wing is a lazy, floating, hospital ball that gives Sess almost no chance to win it. The loss of possession so close to goal is totally on Hugo for that one.

This team is dead. Got nothing about them at all. We get injuries too Kulu and Richarlison and we are back to bringing on Moura to try and change a game.

None of the signings have done a fucking thing, I thought we were buying a monster in Bissouma but he is anonymous. Perisic other than the occasional great delivery is simply too old.
Kane and Son another year older and it shows, Lloris and Dier utter garbage. Romero being dragged down to the levels around him.
Our fullback options dogshit.

We will beat the sides we are expected to beat and lose to absolutely anybody with anything about them.

Fuck all chance of this team winning a thing, and I was really quite hopeful going into the season.

Next the fans will turn on Conte and another world class manager will depart while the shit cunt players collect their dough.

Newcastle haven't even started spending yet and are already better than us.

Seriously what is the fucking point in this club?

Still pissed off today, the individual errors and the lack of aggression and passion..

But, seeing this did make me giggle..

311784413_549830970478016_916913852218878156_n.jpg

343, 352, 433, 442...... Hell even 541

It doesn't matter which system/formation you play, if the players don't bother to turn up and are incapable of completing a five yard pass like they were on Wednesday, you're going to be in for a shite night.

Perisic got beaten on the inside almost every time on Wednesday which just allowed them to go full flow into the open space he was leaving.

Kane and Son seemed incapable of receiving a ball without it bouncing 5 yards off their foot and being nicked by a United player.

Dier....... We'll, he was watching the ball pass him by for most of the game.

Others were just like statues for a good portion of the game.

If the players all put in 3 out of 10 performances and aren't willing to put in the effort, then the system goes out the window.

Conte should have admitted it wasn't working and at least tried something rather than just hoping for the best and waiting till we were 2 nil down before attempting to change things.

I honestly think sometimes he just writes the game off in his head.

I'm sorry but I'm still absolutely livid about the disgrace that was Wednesday night and the fact that whenever we get to the crunch, we invariably end up playing shite.

Newcastle will be smelling blood so we better be up for the fight.

Back
Top Bottom