Tottenham Hotspur VS Rennes. ECL - Thursday Dec 9th 2021 KO 8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You just said you are happy if Spurs lose and you are not excited at possibly 2 full houses home and away v Celtic.
I want to win every game we play. I am passionate about Spurs winning; I support the team when we lose; I am Spurs through thick and thin. So no fucker can tell me I should go and support Woolwich. I do not rate this competition. It is not something any of us asked for, but was imposed upon us by distant cunts who care nothing about what fans want. I refuse to dance on the end of a string dangled by people only concerned about money.

You should support Woolwich.
Go Away GIF
Fuck off.

I want to win every game we play. I am passionate about Spurs winning; I support the team when we lose; I am Spurs through thick and thin. So no fucker can tell me I should go and support Woolwich. I do not rate this competition. It is not something any of us asked for, but was imposed upon us by distant cunts who care nothing about what fans want. I refuse to dance on the end of a string dangled by people only concerned about money.
You said you want Spurs to lose.
I don't agree. I want Spurs to win.

You said you want Spurs to lose.
I don't agree. I want Spurs to win.
Yes - I want us to lose. When I spend £70 for a ticket, I want us to lose. When I’m singing and shouting till my voice is hoarse, I want us to lose. When I wear the colours to the pub to watch the game, I want us to lose. I’ve wanted us to lose for 30 years - I must be the happiest Spurs fan ever!

Hmmm....

Spurs-were-the-first-team-to-win-the-UEFA-Cup-which-was-established-in-1971..png

We get so many of these moments, you're right - what a load of shite!!

Hmmm....

Spurs-were-the-first-team-to-win-the-UEFA-Cup-which-was-established-in-1971..png

Hmmm....

You make a good point. But the UEFA cup was a progression from a previous competition, and, crucially, a knock out competition from the start, making it much more exciting and relevant for smaller teams who might not ever have a chance of glory. That photo means something because it is of a time; you cannot equate it with the possibility of winning the ECL. If UEFA wanted to create a new, exciting competition that had some meaning, maybe a knock out format would have provided it.

You make a good point. But the UEFA cup was a progression from a previous competition, and, crucially, a knock out competition from the start, making it much more exciting and relevant for smaller teams who might not ever have a chance of glory. That photo means something because it is of a time; you cannot equate it with the possibility of winning the ECL. If UEFA wanted to create a new, exciting competition that had some meaning, maybe a knock out format would have provided it.
I still maintain UEFA missed a trick by NOT turning the UEFA Cup into what is now the CL format...

You already had 4/5 clubs from each European league qualifying... (It used to be 2nd-6th that qualified from England) so you have a ready made league system right there. 2nd/3rd get seeded, etc and drawn accordingly....

Leave the European Cup as it was, a knockout for CHAMPIONS of each Country only... That has its own prestige.
I was never really comfortable with the Champions League being open to clubs who weren't necessarily Champions of their league that year... (despite our participation and relative success in the comp.)
And then slowly, sure enough, clubs started to win the thing, without actually being the Champion the previous season... (were Bayern the first to do that?)

The UEFA LEAGUE CUP (as I've called it in my imaginary position of UEFA power) was the competition that would've gained plenty of interest, money and kudos, by virtue of it almost certainly having massive clubs in it each year who hadn't won the league.

In ANY given season, you'd be pretty much guaranteed to have either Barca or Real, Juve or Inter or Milan, two or three of Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea or City.... the list goes on.

I honestly don't know why they meddled with the European competitions in the first place.... Other than money if course!!!

I still wanna see the European Cup Winners' Cup make a reappearance! That was GREAT fun, cos of the randomness of some of the Cup winning clubs who qualified!

Last edited:
So remaining teams in this 'Intertoto Shitfest' competition:
ECL
Gent
LASK
Roma
AZ Alkmaar
Feyernoord
FC Copenhagen
Rennes
Basel

ECL PLAYOFFS
PAOK
Randers
Slavia Prague
Bodø/Glimt
Maccabi Tel Aviv
Partizan Beograd
Midtjylland
Celtic
Sparta Prague
Rapid Vienna
PSV Eindhoven
Fenerbache
Marseille
Vitesse/Spurs
Qarabag

...and apparently we're too good for it :gallashmm:

Hmmm....

First British team to win a European trophy.
First non-league team to win an FA Cup.
First team to do the double.
First team to win the UEFA Cup.

We do have a habit at being first to win something, so the Conference League wouldn't hurt, even if it's a tinpot cup.

So remaining teams in this 'Intertoto Shitfest' competition:
ECL
Gent
LASK
Roma
AZ Alkmaar
Feyernoord
FC Copenhagen
Rennes
Basel

ECL PLAYOFFS
PAOK
Randers
Slavia Prague
Bodø/Glimt
Maccabi Tel Aviv
Partizan Beograd
Midtjylland
Celtic
Sparta Prague
Rapid Vienna
PSV Eindhoven
Fenerbache
Marseille
Vitesse/Spurs
Qarabag

...and apparently we're too good for it :gallashmm:
Fuck me seriously there is some shite In it

First British team to win a European trophy.
First non-league team to win an FA Cup.
First team to do the double.
First team to win the UEFA Cup.

We do have a habit at being first to win something, so the Conference League wouldn't hurt, even if it's a tinpot cup.
First ''English'' team to win a European trophy.

I certainly wouldn't turn by nose up at winning it unfortunately our squad were shown up badly by not qualifying with bit in hand like any of the other English teams would have when you see the group we were in . Obviously a better squad could progress a few rounds before having to up the ante but not us of course .

think with the postponed EPL games we need to play and the lackluster from our second 11 players i think its best to forfeit this game,
we can't trust the second 11 to put in any effort or attemp to win matches, so we need to play the first 11 in all the EPL games

Back
Top Bottom