Tottenham Hotspur VS Rennes. ECL - Thursday Dec 9th 2021 KO 8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is that confirmed?
It makes sense based on what uefa says on its website.

If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied in the order given to determine their rankings:

• higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;
  • superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;
  • higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question;
  • if, after having applied criteria a) to c), teams still have an equal ranking, criteria a) to c) are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the remaining teams to determine their final rankings. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria e) to k) apply in the order given to the two or more teams still equal;
  • superior goal difference in all group matches;

Everything stays same until superior goal difference bit by which we go through if we win.

It makes sense based on what uefa says on its website.

If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied in the order given to determine their rankings:

• higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;
  • superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;
  • higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question;
  • if, after having applied criteria a) to c), teams still have an equal ranking, criteria a) to c) are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the remaining teams to determine their final rankings. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria e) to k) apply in the order given to the two or more teams still equal;
  • superior goal difference in all group matches;

Everything stays same until superior goal difference bit by which we go through if we win.
Watch us cock it up...

My kind of woman...

Can't quite put my finger on it, but for some reason, I prefer the location of the tattoo in the avatar of williams316 williams316

glVeufD.jpg

UEFA are investigating us, apparently. This might be forfeited. Did we have 13 eligible players or not?
UEFA continues to be a joke of a body.

Why they’re wasting time looking into this with a fine tooth comb is beyond me.
Surely at least one person has the common sense to see that playing a game against a team who’s had a substantial outbreak of covid, who also seem to be getting more case as time goes on indicating that it’s by no means a controller instance, is not the most sensible thing to do.
Imagine the scenes if we did have 13 players but one of them was positive and infected half the Rennes team.

The cavalry is arriving in January. Massive war chest.
LOLZ
Presumably if it's played in January we will have to use the same squad as we have now, we won't be able to add new signings for the Rennes game.
Yep, can only use named players for the first part the competition.
Shocking indeed - even after the red
We had enough chances to win that game with 10. Should probably have drawn but lost going for the win. Played almost an hour with 10 of our second string at times too don't forget.
Is that confirmed?

We're currently level on goal difference and on head to head. 1 home win each and no away goal rule.
So all we need to do is win, by any score, to go level on points but ahead on GD. Any win will increase our goal difference and theirs can't change now.

UEFA continues to be a joke of a body.

Why they’re wasting time looking into this with a fine tooth comb is beyond me.
Surely at least one person has the common sense to see that playing a game against a team who’s had a substantial outbreak of covid, who also seem to be getting more case as time goes on indicating that it’s by no means a controller instance, is not the most sensible thing to do.
Imagine the scenes if we did have 13 players but one of them was positive and infected half the Rennes team.

I think we should welcome the investigation.
Send them all over and put them in a room with the infected players and staff.

Back
Top Bottom