Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheffield United | Sunday 2 May | 19.15 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Come on man, I'm talking about the current Dele, who is a shadow compared to a few years back, and like I said, he needs nurturing, and to have the right pieces of the puzzle to fit around him to release his strengths as a player.

When Mourinho first came in, Dele was excellent. It was only when both Son and Kane were injured that he was sent back to the dog house.

We can;t judge a players form if he isn't playing. The odd cup appearance isn't enough to write him off.

How many people wrote off Lingard, Di Maria & Depay at Man United? Stones at City?

Should Liverpool dump Mane now that he's 'crap'?

A what about VVD - he's been rubbish this season. (Dele missed 26 games in the 18/19 season - there one where people say his form dropped and he was crap - YEAAH HE WAS INJURED ALMOST THE ENTIRE SEASON!!)

When Mourinho first came in, Dele was excellent. It was only when both Son and Kane were injured that he was sent back to the dog house.

We can;t judge a players form if he isn't playing. The odd cup appearance isn't enough to write him off.

How many people wrote off Lingard, Di Maria & Depay at Man United? Stones at City?

Should Liverpool dump Mane now that he's 'crap'?

A what about VVD - he's been rubbish this season. (Dele missed 26 games in the 18/19 season - there one where people say his form dropped and he was crap - YEAAH HE WAS INJURED ALMOST THE ENTIRE SEASON!!)
We're definitely going to go round in circles here. It's easy to say a player should get a run of games to improve his performance from the safety of our homes, but we're not taking the flak if the player doesn't perform. Wouldn't a spell on loan, be beneficial, for his all-round game, and fitness, if injury is still an issue. Starting Dele regularly in the prem was obviously a gamble that eventually, JM didn't want to make, and I've no idea if there were any politics involved. I'm not going to quote stuff from years back, or talk about other team's players, as I've seen the good and the bad with my own eyes, and have my own opinion, which I stand by. How long do you give a player who isn't living up to the standards expected of him? If he gets more playing time next season, and is still not up to scratch, will you say fair enough? I'm looking forward to finding out who will be picking next season's team.

Come on man, I'm talking about the current Dele, who is a shadow compared to a few years back, and like I said, he needs nurturing, and to have the right pieces of the puzzle to fit around him to release his strengths as a player.
Hard to score when you don't get played.

Before, and at full time of this game, Sheffield United hadn't lost a game by more than 1 goal.
Since this game

Lost by 8 to Newcastle
Lost by 2 to Spam
Lost by 2 (3-1) to Fulham
Lost by 5 to Arse

Only 1 outlier was united 1-2 loss.

They must be playing differently to have gone from being very hard to score against to absolute fucking shite. A -18 GD in 5 games vs -4 in the prior 5??

Before, and at full time of this game, Sheffield United hadn't lost a game by more than 1 goal.
Since this game

Lost by 8 to Newcastle
Lost by 2 to Spam
Lost by 5 to Arse

They must be playing differently to have gone from being very hard to score against to absolute fucking shite. A -18 GD in 5 games vs -4 in the prior 5??

They’ve had a lot of injuries since our game

Since this game

Lost by 8 to Newcastle
Lost by 2 to Spam
Lost by 5 to Arse

Our late goals just ripped their guts out...

The guy is a prick. Will lose his job this week I suspect.
Have to say, after his appalling post match interview, trying to deny the time wasting and calling everyone idiots for not understanding football, I hope he never works again.

I'd have actually given him respect if he just held his hands up and said "we tried to ruin the game in order to get something, but it failed"

But to accuse the ref of doing US favours, and not understanding football was insane. I'm surprised more wasn't made of those comments.

Have to say, after his appalling post match interview, trying to deny the time wasting and calling everyone idiots for not understanding football, I hope he never works again.

I'd have actually given him respect if he just held his hands up and said "we tried to ruin the game in order to get something, but it failed"

But to accuse the ref of doing US favours, and not understanding football was insane. I'm surprised more wasn't made of those comments.

It was after he had a set too with Spence during a play off semi a couple of years ago I took an instant disliking to him. He tried to bully a young kid and was just obnoxious towards him giving him a shove. He’s a prick.

It was after he had a set too with Spence during a play off semi a couple of years ago I took an instant disliking to him. He tried to bully a young kid and was just obnoxious towards him giving him a shove. He’s a prick.
Never saw that when it happened.

Interesting to see who was first to fly in after he did it....

Since this game

Lost by 8 to Newcastle
Lost by 2 to Spam
Lost by 5 to Arse

You do realise you bumped the 2021 game thread?

Back
Top Bottom