Tottenham Hotspur vs Southampton | Wednesday 9 Feb | 19:45 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Avoided this during the match as was obviously there.

We were fucking terrible in defence. I say terrible in defence, the midfield offered nothing to protect them at all. It was like using a sponge to stop a flood.

We really, really, really lack players who have a good first touch, can resist giving the ball away cheaply and actually progress us up the pitch with purpose at the moment.

And most concerning, we seem to be easy to bully.

Two years before Eriksens contract expired, when first asked too extend, he made requests. Levy didn't want to grant those requests so he kept haggling for another year. By then Eriksen had publicly announced his intentions to move to another club.

Clubs, agents and players are tired of Levy's Bullshit. The same can be seen for Traore and Diaz.

It took Barca one Day to agree to demands. We took (Just in the January Window), three weeks of back and forth to get nothing from Traore.

Would it have happened if Daniel went, "Wolves you want 20 Million, send your bank details". Adama Conte wants you as a RWB or RW. You want 140000 a week. Done, here's the contract and the pen, let's sign".

Porto you want 37 Million plus 13 Million in add-ons. Done, let make this happen. Diaz, you want....( I know he is below 200000). Done, let's sign.

Both the clubs and players were not asking for more than what they are worth. Diaz at 37 plus add-ons is well worth it. Looking at Traore at Barca, Conté knew what he would do for Spurs under him. For 20 Million, it's a steal.
I agree we drag things out so would not be surprised if Eriksen wanted wages and was pushed aside. I also don't blame him that after the UCL final he saw this club was never going to win anything so even though offered wages he wanted, by then it was too late. He won the title and most players leaving seem to win after leaving.

With traore and Diaz. yes we dragged our heels but the point is neither of those players would have come to spurs even if we bid the right amount. If barca or liverpool want you. you are not going to spurs. we end up with players others do not want and thats the issue.

dont get me wrong, these owners have fucked things up from the heights of the poch team. that was where we need to buy world class ready made players with young potential. But we let it turn into what it is now which is buy players no one wants to only loan/sell them within 18 months. They have also made a calamity of the manager search after jose, getting in nuno was a joke and to then get a guy we could have got in the summer and given a proper transfer window to get rid of the deadweight defence, bar romero, all need to go.

We can't handle a high press or crosses into our box...far too many players who look competent when they have time but fall to pieces when they aren't given that time, the problem is that they account for most of our midfield and half our defence...

Does everyone think Reguilon is poor?

I think he's quite good and was pretty good last night in the most part.

Solid defender, gets up and down the wing, good pace, decent delivery.

Okay, should have scored, but he's a left back .

Avoided this during the match as was obviously there.

We were fucking terrible in defence. I say terrible in defence, the midfield offered nothing to protect them at all. It was like using a sponge to stop a flood.

We really, really, really lack players who have a good first touch, can resist giving the ball away cheaply and actually progress us up the pitch with purpose at the moment.

And most concerning, we seem to be easy to bully.
conte after the match talked about players that made some mistakes with the ball and begun to hide themselves
I think he was referring to PEH and winks, and maybe not only them

Think you're all being a little negative.
Look at at the positives.
Somebody in the row in front took the opportunity towards the end of the first half to check out their Tesco Clubcard vouchers on their mobile.
Every Little Helps.

Sanchez is so poor, at times it's like he's from outer-space, and this is his first kick of a ball.

He looked physically strong when we first signed him, but he doesn't appear to have much balance or coordination which results in him being bullied off the ball. He seems to get tangled up time and again.

Does everyone think Reguilon is poor?

I think he's quite good and was pretty good last night in the most part.

Solid defender, gets up and down the wing, good pace, decent delivery.

Okay, should have scored, but he's a left back .
must admit, i'm not a massive fan, he certainly gets in decent positions but his end product is woeful, and his crossing nine times out of ten is poor, I don't really think his defending is up to much either.

That being said he's not our worst player by a long way, and he's the best we have in that role right now.

I like his commitment, he seems to care and have his head screwed on, and i'm sure he's a good influence in the changing room but we need better IMHO

Southampton deserved the win, but it was a bit of an odd game. If Reguilon buries that sitter and Kane scores the header we would probably have won it pretty comfortably.

yes we had chances to score but Southampton should bury that change in the first few minutes. They came at us time and time again and every bit of success they had in the game was all our own doing. they pressed us and we didn't have the mental toughness or basic quality to get out. sanchez, Reggie, hojberg were shockingly awful and have been all season. Royal i have no words for as to how bad he is. Romero saved us plenty of times but also had the odd moment of calamity but alongside a better unit, he would be so much better. I do not understand why royal was kept on after the first half or why our best player lucus was taken off. Two assists, and the only player that actually gets out of tight spaces and runs with the ball to create everything we had. He goes off for someone who hasn't really trained much and we did not really have the time to allow him to settle into a tough finely poised game. Royal had to go off! Maybe another CB in rodon. But we are so naive and gave them so much space to put balls in . Did not understand Conte's choices today apart from hojberg going off. that was a no brainer as was royal off and maybe even davies into a WB role and rodon to fill in at CB

3 guys running at Emerson .

WTF are Kulu and Winks doing ?

FLMEr6_XIAIQnt5

Sanchez is so poor, at times it's like he's from outer-space, and this is his first kick of a ball.

He looked physically strong when we first signed him, but he doesn't appear to have much balance or coordination which results in him being bullied off the ball. He seems to get tangled up time and again.
physically strong. on his debut he constantly got outwitted by a aerial ball. all very well being strong and physical but it means nothing when you always have a mistake in you. He's had good games dont get me wrong but overall he is so dodgy and yesterday i went to the game hearing how well improved under Conte he is and I always thought that when it comes to really good teams, he always has a mistake in him. Didnt expect he would be this bad against southampton.

Back
Top Bottom