TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. WEST BROMWICH ALBION

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which then begs the question as to why we've hamstrung the present teams chances of winning the title for 3 years now by saving for a new stadium when we'll never be able to compete with the petrochem clubs for players under any circumstances.
apart from anything else, and this is just my opinion, WHL (as was) was getting less fit for purpose every year. I dont think its long before we get actual legislation concerning disabled seating etc as so few clubs seem to be attempting to meet the current voluntary guidelines.which I've read the new stadium will exceed (and, Ive read, be configurable in terms of seating disabled people with family and so on).

Also, it will help us compete with them.even though it will require careful management to do so, just as we compete with them now.

The thing with that is, who would want to come to us knowing they would be a bench player every game that Kane was fit.
No one of any ilk would want to be a No2 striker. Every one knows that if Kane is fit Kane plays.
I just think that 66,000 fans at Wembley deserve to see better options than Llorente when were chasing a game at home to West brom. Top support once again.

Jeeeez! The game to game cycle here feels like going through a fucking exorcism!!!

If some peeps would just literally cry like the babies they are rather than try and construct rational protestations from blinkered drivvel it would all be a lot less arduous around here....

Last edited:
Got laughed at when I said Zaha before but he is strong, quick, skilful with increasingly good end product. A player like him requires 2-3 opposition players to mark him, we simply don’t have that and that creates space.

We have Son and Dele who are brilliant goal sniffers, Eriksen who is a creative passer and Kane who is well truly world class. We need different types of attackers and more attacking depth, Been the same for a few seasons now. Sure Poch is just as frustrated as us fans, it’s annoying because we are so close to being a really top team.
after goalscorers, its the most difficult player to get your hands on. you can make athletes into footballers (walcott, Sissoko), but you cant teach what they've got.

Got laughed at when I said Zaha before but he is strong, quick, skilful with increasingly good end product. A player like him requires 2-3 opposition players to mark him, we simply don’t have that and that creates space.

We have Son and Dele who are brilliant goal sniffers, Eriksen who is a creative passer and Kane who is well truly world class. We need different types of attackers and more attacking depth, Been the same for a few seasons now. Sure Poch is just as frustrated as us fans, it’s annoying because we are so close to being a really top team.
I’d be happy if we signed Leigh Griffiths. Thoughts?

produce some actual evidence that pochettino dont want him then, seeing as the player said Pochettino phoned him and persuaded him to join. not speculation. a quote, something like that
As I said, actions speak louder than words. Kane was injured for the defeat at old trafford. Llorente was on the bench. Kane was still not fullly fit for the defeat at Woolwich, but still started ahead of Llorente. These are facts. Actual events instigated by the manager, Pochettino

He was an anticlimax at the time.

Lol.... The window isnt about entertaining the fans or placating their expectations.

It was obvious WHY we signed him and i don't recall a single person bitching at the time.

Since then we’ve all tried to rationalise the signing. Now i’m Simply calling it a shite transfer

Yeh as i said aleady: Hindsight.

As I said, actions speak louder than words. Kane was injured for the defeat at old trafford. Llorente was on the bench. Kane was still not fullly fit for the defeat at Woolwich, but still started ahead of Llorente. These are facts. Actual events instigated by the manager, Pochettino
that'll be a no then.
there are several players that dont start every week. Like Juan Foyth. another one personally contacted by Pochettino.

I assume you think Pochettino don't want him either?

An off day not helped at all by a weak referee. We could really do with a few of the injured players getting back into contention, Eriksen looks like he needs a week off.

I'm still convinced we will go on another run over Xmas / Jan and comfortably get into the top 4.

What utter bollocks!

Maybe he hasn't delivered the goods and Poch has decided he cant rely on him to preform to the level required?

Doesn't change the fact that Poch wanted to sign him and that YOU ARE WRONG.

Back
Top Bottom