TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. WEST BROMWICH ALBION

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

yup. but Guardiola still looked at the issues and addressed them. he spent a fucking bomb, but you still have to spend it properly. In the way that Klopp hasnt. and like us after Bale left, Everton aint spent their money well.

I dont care if you are spending 10 million or 100 million. just spend it wisely.

Let’s put it this way, with poch and £300 mil, no let’s say £600 mil to begin to match City spending over a few seasons we would have a potential title winning team easily.

Probably get Greizmann, Abumayang, Vidal etc, there would be few West Brom Park the bus and get the point situations.

dont matter, you cant go wahhhhh levy, wahhhhhh lewis, dont spend money when they clearly have. its kind of idiotic
Of course they spend money. Just not the amount required to give Poch a fighting chance of maintaining our top 4 status. Its all very well saying we spent 35 million on Sanchez. How grateful should we be? Well hang on, we got 50 million for Walker. Why are we not investing in a front man capable of competing with kane. Cheap punts on Llorente means were forced to play Kane when he aint fit because the alternative aint good enough

Of course they spend money. Just not the amount required to give Poch a fighting chance of maintaining our top 4 status. Its all very well saying we spent 35 million on Sanchez. How grateful should we be? Well hang on, we got 50 million for Walker. Why are we not investing in a front man capable of competing with kane. Cheap punts on Llorente means were forced to play Kane when he aint fit because the alternative aint good enough

Because for the FUCKING MILLIONTH time....

1. we spent have of it replacing Walker
2. We can't buy a top striker because they wouldn't wanna be second to Kane (Morata even said it!)
3. Llorente actually got 15 league goals last season
4. We also already had Son..

Now give it a rest!

Let’s put it this way, with poch and £300 mil, no let’s say £600 mil to begin to match City spending over a few seasons we would have a potential title winning team easily.

Probably get Greizmann, Abumayang, Vidal etc, there would be few West Brom Park the bus and get the point situations.

Spot on. If we had that kind of money to spend, we may well have the title. and days like today would be rare. but they would still happen. and we would still get the usual suspects complaining that we hadnt spent enough money

i think the one thing we are missing is an X factor player that unlocks the packed defences we have struggled against the last couple of years. i think thats why we have sniffed around both Zaha and barklay. But they are as rare as shit from a rocking horse, so if we dont get them cheap and young , or relatively unknown, then we will always struggle to get them

Lets not forget, if we can spend 600 million in a window, the petrochem clubs can spend 1 billion

In fairness, thats about where we deserve to be.

Wembley has fuck all to do with how we play, moreover that fact that Dele, Son and Eriksen have no direct competition for their places.

When you look at the way WBA set out to play there were using the same blueprint as Bournemouth, Burnley Swansea and Palace. Those teams have learned how to play us and we should expect more of the same when Stoke, Brighton and the like visit.

I am concerned though that Poch appears to have learned little as to how to break down sides that sit deep. I mean it's not as if this is new now is it?

Be interesting to see if Levy opens his cheque book in January because if not i it's going to be a tough, long season.

The answer is to compete with moneyball teams for the worlds best (and most expensive) creative players.... Now lets see, whats wrong wih that picture?

:kanehand:

In recent seasons we have been both the kings of the come back AND the late winner.

I'm gutted to drop points today as much as the next man but lets not overplay this result...

Last edited:
we got 50 million for walker.
we spend 35 om sanchez. 24 on Aurier. 10 (i think) on Foyth

the cheap punt we put on Llorente was a cheap punt on a player that chelsea wanted as back up for morata, the player that allegedly said no to joining us cos he didnt want to warm the bench when Kane is fit

Really glad I rushed back for that. How many more times are we going to let these boring shit teams take points?

How the fuck did Ben Foster not get booked until near the end? he was time wasting from the 4th minute. Not the first time he's done that to us.

Imagine having to pay hard earnt money to watch that shit week in week out..

2. We can't buy a top striker because they wouldn't wanna be second to Kane (Morata even said it!)
So we make do with an option like Llorente who Poch dont wanna start, forcing Kane to play when not 100% fit. Clever.
For the hundretdth fucking time, we need a player capable of rotating with Kane, not a just a second fiddle bench warmer.
And we need to grow the fucking balls to go out and get that player

So we make do with an option like Llorente who Poch dont wanna start, forcing Kane to play when not 100% fit. Clever.
For the hundretdth fucking time, we need a player capable of rotating with Kane, not a just a second fiddle bench warmer.
And we need to grow the fucking balls to go out and get that player

The thing with that is, who would want to come to us knowing they would be a bench player every game that Kane was fit.
No one of any ilk would want to be a No2 striker. Every one knows that if Kane is fit Kane plays.

Nope, a lot said we can compete for the title without any investment. Injuries are to be expected so that isn't an excuse. & of course key players can't get rest if your squad isn't strong enough.

Quotes or STFU imo.

Spot on. If we had that kind of money to spend, we may well have the title. and days like today would be rare. but they would still happen. and we would still get the usual suspects complaining that we hadnt spent enough money

i think the one thing we are missing is an X factor player that unlocks the packed defences we have struggled against the last couple of years. i think thats why we have sniffed around both Zaha and barklay. But they are as rare as shit from a rocking horse, so if we dont get them cheap and young , or relatively unknown, then we will always struggle to get them

Lets not forget, if we can spend 600 million in a window, the petrochem clubs can spend 1 billion

Which then begs the question as to why we've hamstrung the present teams chances of winning the title for 3 years now by saving for a new stadium when we'll never be able to compete with the petrochem clubs for players under any circumstances.

Nope, a lot said we can compete for the title without any investment. Injuries are to be expected so that isn't an excuse. & of course key players can't get rest if your squad isn't strong enough.

Besides how fucking big do you expect a squad to be... Depth for the depth?

Next level goalpost moving.... You work for Sky or TS?

If you look forward to 43 points & survival then we are on a different page altogether. You missed the point about who to blame. Its more about was it the players or the manager or chairman which meant we didn't achieve top 4 if you think we should have got it. You want on a rant about blame & how you are above it etc.
By the way, they wouldn't care less if me or you did or didn't blame them.
No offence.

Ladies and gentlemen we are now entering the gibberish zone.... :pritchardeyes:

Got laughed at when I said Zaha before but he is strong, quick, skilful with increasingly good end product. A player like him requires 2-3 opposition players to mark him, we simply don’t have that and that creates space.

We have Son and Dele who are brilliant goal sniffers, Eriksen who is a creative passer and Kane who is well truly world class. We need different types of attackers and more attacking depth, Been the same for a few seasons now. Sure Poch is just as frustrated as us fans, it’s annoying because we are so close to being a really top team.

Back
Top Bottom