TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. WEST BROMWICH ALBION

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lots of matches coming up. Rotate the Wing Backs and play Trippier and Davies. Need to give Dembele more play time to get him back to fitness. Undecided whether that means we rest Dele or Winks as think Son should play.

Would like to see Aurier and Rose, after a good performence I think the consistency of games will do them well. Davies and Trippier are fine players but pace of those 2 gives us another edge in most games.

Pace a bit redundant when they'll sit back anyway.
Lloris
Dier Sanchez Verts
Trippier Eriksen Winks Dele Aurier
Son Kane

Same as against Pool, just with Dier instead of Toby.

Aurier on the wrong side ahead of Davies? No way.

Same line up as last night.

Wouldn't be against trading full backs. Though as the season goes on, I'd want Rose and Aurier to be our number one choice.

West Brom are bound to just sit back and soak up the shots so Trippiers delivery will be useful.

Largely agree, but i just can't see the logic in not rotating the FBs...

KT better suited to the opp and BD has been boss anyway + even if you consider DR & SA the number 1 pair, they just played against the 'better' oppo last night.

Need both sets well and truly in the groove and getting good game-time - Plus it'll keep all 4 hungry.

I think Aurier and Rose are even more important against these shit house park the bus and play for a point type of teams.

Whats the theory?

Imo, they got no room to get in behind.

Remember WBA dont even play FBs... 4 slow CBs.... The flatest back 4 you'll ver see.

Love a three o'clock kick off on a Saturday. Hope we can keep the momentum going, as the three points would come in handy :). Not expecting the greatest game due to the opposition, but don't mind winning ugly now and again.

We won't get 'behind them' because they never go forward ... play a front four Dele, Kane, Son, Eriksen and add three attack minded CM's Winks, Dembele, Sissoko and then a back four ....

We will have 75% possession so we might as well try and play through them .... flicks, tricks and 30 yard screamers

We won't get 'behind them' because they never go forward ... play a front four Dele, Kane, Son, Eriksen and add three attack minded CM's Winks, Dembele, Sissoko and then a back four ....

We will have 75% possession so we might as well try and play through them .... flicks, tricks and 30 yard screamers

Not a good idea, we'll fall into the trap of condensing the play into the middle of the pitch and having no width. Pulis will be happy.

We need to stick with the 3-5-2, just swap over the wing backs. Winks, Alli and Eriksen in midfield works really well, as does a front two of Son and Kane.

I couldn't agree more. Its lovely having those 5 all on the pitch at once.
Against WBA who are likely to still be bringing buses with them, could do with the all out attack mode approach. Dembele and Sissoko probably wouldn't offer that much attacking threats and sacrificing Son or Dele for one more actual holding mid seems a bit much given the opposition.

Agree to rotate the wing backs, Leicester are a pacey team so makes sense imo to have Aurier and Rose fresh for that game. Lets not forget Trippier's assist record, and Davies has chipped in with a couple of goals so I don't see them as a negative change, just a different approach.

Lots of matches coming up. Rotate the Wing Backs and play Trippier and Davies.

We can pump crosses into the box all day long, their back 5 (Plus 3 x DM's in Livermore Krychowiak and Barry) will eat them up and spit them out.

Pace and directness is the way for me so Rose and Aurier should start, or at least one of them (If Poch is happy to play them twice in a week).

Pulis will be happy.

I dont think he will be, he's sat at the jobcentre.

We can pump crosses into the box all day long, their back 5 (Plus 3 x DM's in Livermore Krychowiak and Barry) will eat them up and spit them out.

Pace and directness is the way for me so Rose and Aurier should start, or at least one of them (If Poch is happy to play them twice in a week).

I dont think he will be, he's sat at the jobcentre.
Aurier probably can do two games in a week. Rose is the question mark. Aurier bombing down on one side and Ben being the deliverer from the left could work since the defense would not really know what strategy we are using

Under Pulis they were playing 5 at the back with 3 in front of Livermore, Barry and Kruchoojfnfjwksmfnaifnebiak.

The most defensive side I’ve ever seen. If Megson wants to prove he can change the team around then he may be a bit more adventurous.

I haven't been able to stay awake and watch any of their games this season but assuming they are not too far off last year. If so, I thought when we played them at The Lane last year it was one of our best performances of the season (yeah, we won "bigger" games) this was totally and utter domination, they had 3 shots all game all from +25yrs out, the closest to the goal was 12yrds!! They also only touch the ball 7 times in out box, the closest to the goal was 16yrs away!! We won 4-0 and Foster was still the MoTM making an incredible 8 saves. We moved the ball about with pace and varied our play with attacking via FB's and through the middle, playing short and using CB's long ball too, Walker and Rose often our two most advanced players.

Bit more of this and no problems. We have been OK this term when teams have sat back but not at Wembley for whatever reason. There will be no pressure on Megson to play a more expansive game of football as he's caretaker, just hope we've watched the DVD of last years game. And if someone could stamp on McClean's face I'll buy him a beer.

Under Pulis they were playing 5 at the back with 3 in front of Livermore, Barry and Kruchoojfnfjwksmfnaifnebiak.

The most defensive side I’ve ever seen. If Megson wants to prove he can change the team around then he may be a bit more adventurous.

Pullis was also known to play CB's at Full Back.

I was unfortunate enough to see a fair bit of Megson's football when he was manager at Forest and got them relegated to League 1. He may well move them to a back 4 at some point and probably needs to if he wants them to start winning games, but i cant see him doing it away to us in his second game in charge.

I think Poch will start one back from the Dortmund game...Rose if he can do it on short rest, Aurier if he can’t. Aurier and Rose are more dynamic, so we should split them up going forward - Rose with Trips, Davies with Aurier. Gives our team more balance, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom