TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. WEST BROMWICH ALBION

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

yup. I agree with you.i also take issue with 2nd place and a new stadium, plus a club record signing on a centre half .its just not fucking good enough

We knew this season would be harder with the Wembley factor.

Unfortunately it is very clear and has been for a long time we don’t have the attacking depth for a title push.

Right now we or should I say Levy can look at the new stadium build and say investment needs to wait until next season. If we still don’t do anything after that our players and even manager may say this is as far as we can go and then it falls. That is the danger.

A top class midfielder plus a top wide forward and if Lamela never gets back an Eriksen replacement/cover would probably do but that could be £150-160 mil in cost.

Burnley could be 4th by tomorrow

Lol, we could be 7th, behind Burnley and overtaken by Woolwich.

Didn't even watch the game, I've found no enjoyment in this season so far. I don't really care about the league as long as we get top 4, but we just can't seem to string wins together or get any momentum going. A little worrying at this point tbh, but oh we'll see what happens.

This is usually around the time where we win every game too. Cannot wait for Lamela to be fit.

Bernando Silva has made 3 starts in the PL.
They also now have a fit aguero, so who going to be on the bench.
It’s not that we have trouble finding players to be bench warmers for Kane, Eriksen or Dele.
It’s that we cant afford to pay the wages to get in top quality squad players.
Bernando is 23 and he doesn’t seem to mind being a sub.

That’s where we are.
We all know it.
We can’t rest Kane or Eriksen for a CL game. Or Dele.
Like City can rest Aguero and Bernardo

We have done extremely well competing in Europe and the PL like we have done last 2 seasons. With what players we have .
No coincidence that as soon as we exited Europe last year we clicked in the PL?
Lost once in 13 gamesWon 12
In the 18 before lost 3 drew 6 and won 9

Sarcasm aside, we will probably lose this "best manager" if we don't invest enough in the team though.
how much is enough?
after all, everton apparently won the transfer window.

anyone that thinks we aint invested in the team is a fucking half wit.
what we aint done is splurge for the sake of it

We knew this season would be harder with the Wembley factor.

Unfortunately it is very clear and has been for a long time we don’t have the attacking depth for a title push.

Right now we or should I say Levy can look at the new stadium build and say investment needs to wait until next season. If we still don’t do anything after that our players and even manager may say this is as far as we can go and then it falls. That is the danger.

A top class midfielder plus a top wide forward and if Lamela never gets back an Eriksen replacement/cover would probably do but that could be £150-160 mil in cost.
it could be 160 million. we dont know yet if last window's madness (45 million for Gylfi, who i like as a player, was fucking madness) is gonna be a one off or a permanent fixture

and yeah..some of the players in the swansea's, the burnley's etc who have taken points of us at home, will never play at wembley again. Its no coincidence these sides are playing against us liketheir lives depend on it. we knew it were gonna happen

how much is enough?
after all, everton apparently won the transfer window.

anyone that thinks we aint invested in the team is a fucking half wit.
what we aint done is splurge for the sake of it
For starters we will need to rise the wages a bit or else we will get more jumping ship. I wouldn't begrudge toby a pay rise if it keeps him here for a few more years.
If you are saying we invested enough to expect top 4 this season, that only leaves the manager to blame?
I don't think anyone has said we haven't invested in the team so I am not sure why you are saying made up stuff like that.

For starters we will need to rise the wages a bit or else we will get more jumping ship. I wouldn't begrudge toby a pay rise if it keeps him here for a few more years.
If you are saying we invested enough to expect top 4 this season, that only leaves the manager to blame?
its not about how much you spend. its about how you spend it. everton spent a fortune, and never spent it wisely. liverpool spent 34 million on oxlade chamberlain, and never addressed the fact their defence is shite and both keepers are average on their best day.

Guardiola, even though he has unlimited funds, addressed the issues in his team. new goalkeeper, new defenders. and look how much better they are

as far as wages goes, If we can come to a deal with alderwiereld, good. But we cant say "pay him what he wants". we dunno what that is. unless, of course, some of the people here are privvy to the clubs meetings with agents over wages, or sit in the transfer meetings, both discussing targets, and negotiating over said targets, they really aint in a position to comment. cos they dont actually know whats happening. and speaking for myself, i dont treat the Sun as a reliable source.

its not about how much you spend. its about how you spend it. everton spent a fortune, and never spent it wisely. liverpool spent 34 million on oxlade chamberlain, and never addressed the fact their defence is shite and both keepers are average on their best day.

Guardiola, even though he has unlimited funds, addressed the issues in his team. new goalkeeper, new defenders. and look how much better they are

as far as wages goes, If we can come to a deal with alderwiereld, good. But we cant say "pay him what he wants". we dunno what that is. unless, of course, some of the people here are privvy to the clubs meetings with agents over wages, or sit in the transfer meetings, both discussing targets, and negotiating over said targets, they really aint in a position to comment. cos they dont actually know whats happening. and speaking for myself, i dont treat the Sun as a reliable source.
so the managers to blame if we don't get top 4? or do you think we shouldn't expect it with what we have?

Back
Top Bottom