Tottenham Hotspur Vs Woolwich Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There was some kind of announcement over the P/A about 10 minutes before it happened, but to be honest I just held mine up when everyone else did. Looking back on it, you'd have to say we're naturals.
Also, did everyone notice that we dropped "Can't Smile Without You" as a prematch walkout tune! Thank fuck for that!! It's fucking awful tune to walk out to, completely fucks with the atmosphere. (It's a great Spurs song and I love it but not as a walkout song, yet another self-inflicted gaff from Kat at THST)

To be fair to them, the stadium WAS quiet - at least the NE corner of it was. Could have heard a pin drop, if it wasn't for the constant magnificent cacophony of noise that engulfed, overwhelmed and ultimately destroyed them.
Commentator (can’t remember white) said it was the loudest and best atmosphere he’d ever heard in the premiership

Been listening to a lot of Talksport today. Darren Bent is another minge. Why did he ever sign for us and why did we ever want him? To have worn the shirt but still be a die hard gooner is a disgrace. No wonder he had ‘BENT’ on his back!

Commentator (can’t remember white) said it was the loudest and best atmosphere he’d ever heard in the premiership
So did Gary Neville, well, this season, anyway. Also said it was hostile - and it was.

And we must do it again this Sunday lunchtime, because we can. Tottenham - the Galataseray of the north.

Out of interest, I'd like to know if anyone had a decibel level meter last night. I think 131Db is the current World Record.

Just seen this.... Fuck me!

i’d love to think i’d say the same to him. He does deserve it. Fully. I was a young teenager, just started supporting Spurs and saw almost at once that he had talent, even though many told me iwas wrong. I supported him. We were shit as a club back then. He got good. Then he fucked me and every Spurs fan. Awful for us to lose our best player. For free! But to Woolwich? What could be more humiliating? It was nothing but selfishness the way he did it. Could have left fairly. He is a total traitor. Spurs fans are too nice to him actually.

So did Gary Neville, well, this season, anyway. Also said it was hostile - and it was.

And we must do it again this Sunday lunchtime, because we can. Tottenham - the Galataseray of the north.

Out of interest, I'd like to know if anyone had a decibel level meter last night. I think 131Db is the current World Record.
As far as Guinness organization is concerned, we have the record in Kansas City with our NFL team, it’s 142.2 dB. However, that building holds 79,000.

So, I think I've just about come back down to earth. I've spent the day watching various clips on YouTube and reliving last night. And what a night!!
First things first, really good to meet up with so many fellow TFCers before the game, good to meet the real person behind the avatar and I really enjoyed your company.
I went to the Coach and Horses before the game, for a swift V&T. It was packed, but not as busy as the Bricklayers- the queue was enormous. But the queue outside the Chick King was three times as long (heard that it was closing down!).
I was in the ground before all the shenanigans started on the High Road, so missed the fun and games but I've watched all the footage :)
My heart sank when I heard that Cuti was injured, but Davy did a sterling job, considering he hasn't had much playing time.
Although I initially thought the tifo was a bit naff, it turned out pretty spectacular and it considerably added to the atmosphere. Talking of atmosphere - last night's was the best I've experienced at the new stadium by a country mile, it was electric, and the noise was coming from all directions, well apart from the north east corner ;). In fact, we spent most of the game standing, which has never happened before.
I noticed that the 3 guys sitting next to me in the Premium section were sitting very quietly, so I asked if they were goons, they said they were Spurs - who were they trying to kid? My suspicions were correct, as they left with 20 minutes to go, like a lot of their supporters:)
Not going to micro-analyse tactics, that's not what gets me excited, but apart from the first five minutes or so, they never really bothered us.
Obviously, their only tactic was to kick Sonny to pieces and for once, the ref did his job correctly.
That was the first time I've sung 'he's one of our own' to H, but I've nearly forgiven him, let's see what he does this summer.
Partying in the Shelf Bar after the game was nearly as enjoyable as the game. Some people might say we haven't achieved anything, but the feeling we all experienced last night doesn't happen very often, so you have to make the most of it, whenever you can.
I'm not going to say anything about Arteta's interview that hasn't already been said...... apart from what a tool, he makes Klippity look classy.
Now let's hope we don't mess up against Burnley and Norwich and let them off the hook!
So proud of each and every one of them last night.

Last edited:
So, I think I've just about come back down to earth. I've spent the day watching various clips on YouTube and reliving last night. And what a night!!
First things first, really good to meet up with so many fellow TFCers before the game, good to meet the real person behind the avatar and I really enjoyed your company.
I went to the Coach and Horses before the game, for a swift V&T. It was packed, but not as busy as the Bricklayers- the queue was enormous. But the queue outside the Chick King was three times as long (heard that it was closing down!).
I was in the ground before all the shenanigans started on the High Road, so missed the fun and games but I've watched all the footage :)
My heart sank when I heard that Cuti was injured, but Davy did a sterling job, considering he hasn't had much playing time.
Although I initially thought the tifo was a bit naff, it turned out pretty spectacular and it considerably added to the atmosphere. Talking of atmosphere - last night's was the best I've experienced at the new stadium by a country mile, it was electric, and the noise was coming from all directions, well apart from the north east corner ;). In fact, we spent most of the game standing, which has never happened before.
I noticed that the 3 guys sitting next to me in the Premium section were sitting very quietly, so I asked if they were goons, they said they were Spurs - who were they trying to kid? My suspicions were correct, as they left with 20 minutes to go, like a lot of their supporters:) to
Not going to micro-analyse tactics, that's not what gets me excited, but apart from the first five minutes or so, they never really bothered us.
Obviously, their only tactic was to kick Sonny to pieces and for once, the ref did his job correctly.
That was the first time I've sung 'he's one of our own' to H, but I've nearly forgiven him, let's see what he does this summer.
Partying in the Shelf Bar after the game was nearly as enjoyable as the game. Some people might say we haven't achieved anything, but the feeling we all experienced last night doesn't happen very often, so you have to make the most of it, whenever you can.
I'm not going to say anything about Arteta's interview that hasn't already been said...... apart from what a tool, he makes Klippity look classy.
Now let's hope we don't mess up against Burnley and Norwich and let them off the hook!
Short story long or long story short. You clearly care about the club. I appreciate it :)

I noticed that the 3 guys sitting next to me in the Premium section were sitting very quietly, so I asked if they were goons, they said they were Spurs - who were they trying to kid? My suspicions were correct, as they left with 20 minutes to go, like a lot of their supporters:) to
For the life of me, I do not get anyone that buys a ticket to an away game and then sits with the opposition home supporters.

You can’t celebrate a win or you’ll get your head kicked in. And you have to sit there if you lose and watch your rivals have a party.

So weird.

For the life of me, I do not get anyone that buys a ticket to an away game and then sits with the opposition home supporters.

You can’t celebrate a win or you’ll get your head kicked in. And you have to sit there if you lose and watch your rivals have a party.

So weird.
Have done it a few times in the past - seeing a game with an oppo supporter or just been desperate to be at a game. However that was in the distant past - wouldn’t be paying £70+ these days to sit in silence.

So I'm a bit too old for the musical entertainment at the new stadium, but clearly many enjoy it so who am i to diss their fun like some old miserable cunt, going to a football should be fun so each to their own.

That said, these lyrics with this song should be sung at every game now. Fuck we are in desperate need for some new songs. I love this.

This is the shit.……and on a Thursday night.
:contefists:

4393923-D-EAAD-40-E5-8960-2996374-F3382.jpg
Yeh , but not for you knobhead!

Back
Top Bottom