Tottenham (the area)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Your opinion - Wembley doesn't have a soul in my opinion - is based on queuing at a bloody tube station and is therefore bollocks.

No it's not. That's a contributing factor for why I prefer WHL.
The main problem with the 'lack of soul' at Wembley for me is the building itself.

Do you prefer Wembley or something?

Are talking about football stadia or the actual area (the thread is about area)??
Both. They are intrinsically linked.

Cark parks, building sites, and new build shopping malls / hotels don't really pump a lot of soul in to the area directly surrounding the stadium either.

When talking about the area in terms of match day experiences, really the area in question is from the ground to public transport links.

Both. They are intrinsically linked.

Cark parks, building sites, and new build shopping malls / hotels don't really pump a lot of soul in to the area directly surrounding the stadium either.

When talking about the area in terms of match day experiences, really the area in question is from the ground to public transport links.
So you're talking about Wembley Park, not Wembley as whole?

I thought so.

So you're talking about Wembley Park, not Wembley as whole?

I thought so.
I lived in Neasden for about 1 year, but not really sure exactly the area you think is being spoken about.

Nor do I care to be honest. You just seem petulant.

I lived in Neasden for about 1 year, but not really sure exactly the area you think is being spoken about.

Nor do I care to be honest. You just seem petulant.
Not being petulant at all. You said Wembley had no soul based on a football stadium, Wembley Park and Wembley Park tube station... oh and you lived in Neasden for a year.

So... you haven't a clue about Wembley at all, which I said at the beginning of this exchange.

For the record I'm not keen on the 'regeneration' of Wembley Park either, however that doesn't define a whole area.

For the hard of thinking - Wembley Park is NOT the whole of Wembley. Glad to help.

100% spot on its clear who the Essex Kent day trippers are. Whats funny is I have mates from Broadwater farm I also have them from Kent coastal towns that no one ever calls shit holes or dumps generally. The only different is the racial make up of the areas but trust me I have seen MORE violence povery deprivation and crime in them coastal towns. I've lived in big cites in America, South Africa and South America id take London all day long and Tottenham in particular.

Ye I’ve noticed (not necessarily on here) a corilation of a place being called a shithole and how many non-white people live there. Not always the case but I have defiantly seen it.

It's a filthy dirty shithole full of scum but Levy and co will make a mint when it is gentrified.

Like going there for football but would never go there other than that.
My dad's side of the family is from Tottenham going back at least 5 generations and I live there today. Even if it is a shithole (which it's not) it's Tottenham, it's our manor, we defend it. Leave the comments like that to the Chelsea nazi scum.

My dad's side of the family is from Tottenham going back at least 5 generations and I live there today. Even if it is a shithole (which it's not) it's Tottenham, it's our manor, we defend it. Leave the comments like that to the Chelsea nazi scum.
giphy.gif

BushHillSpurs BushHillSpurs

Hi mate.

If memory serves we met at a few 1882 games? One at home Vs Woolwich and the Dagenham away one where someone tried to half inch your laptop?

Unless my memory is playing tricks.
You’re absolutely right mate. Nice to be back, I’m going to steer clear of the “off topic” section of the forum this time around so will probably only post on match days. Glad to see you’re still around mate

Who else is Totters based? I’ve lived by Bruce Grove for past couple of years and it’s alright! I’m from Palmers Green originally and had an image of Tottenham as a crime infested place but it’s actually pretty chill. I’ve seen no crime at all whilst living here, which was much more prevalent in South London (Peckham/New Cross Gate) where I was based previously.
There is a spread of gentrification here (no doubt I’m part of that) but it’s slooooooooow and is presumably awaiting the large number of apartments being developed around Tottenham Hale Station.

Got some decent clubs in The Cause and 5 Miles and great cafes with Craving Coffee and With Milk. Nice trickle of new pubs now open here too (High Cross, Bluecoats, The Palm). I have a beer taproom 20 seconds away from my home. The Post Bar has banging live music on a weekend. Walthamstow Wetlands area is a nice weekend visit and is basically Tottenham based (the main hub at least). I rate the pizza at True Craft though the area is still in dire need of some good restaurants...

Lets not forget the quality transport links here aswell - TWO Victoria Line stations in Totters which is clearly the neatest/quickest tube line of the lot. Don’t slate it!! :mourbringit:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom