Tottenham (the area)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think it's the greatest part of London but it's not the worst by any means. It's always had a reputation after the rioting of the 80's but there isn't significantly more crime or social disruption in Tottenham compared to other parts of London. Islington for example, despite it's trendy, leftist image, has some of the most god-awful council estates you'll ever find. As do Stoke Newington and Dalston and other areas in Hackney. Most of Tower Hamlets is a fucking sewer. Hounslow, Bermondsey, Peckham all shitholes that make Tottenham look quite good.

I get the feeling some people in this thread visit Tottenham for football then disappear back to Essex, Hertfordshire or wherever they've come from. If you really want to talk about shitty parts of London i can assure you Tottenham would not be top of that list.

Good points
I love the old buildings in the place ,The Whitbread brewery, the quakers house[where Tottenham Cakes were originally made],the old pump, the various old churches particularly All hallows, Tottenham Cemetery.
And many of the old pubs, the ones that are left. The partner of a friend has taken over the bluecoat pub, which use to be Pride of Tottenham. Hopefully she makes ago of it when we come out of this. That is a very historical building as well, which many didn't know about .Its the old Blue girls school.
I went Bluecoats the day after lockdown finished and it was a decent little boozer. Pricey but served up decent beer and a good service to go with it too with friendly staff.
I got chatting to the owner at the time who was a bloke who also ran somewhere in Shoreditch, Spurs fan.
I’m assuming he’s sold up already then?

I’d rather go there than some of my local pubs in Enfield.

To the posters who say Tottenham is a dodgy shithole, I’ve stumbled out of pubs at 1am many a time, totally blind drunk and never once got into any form of problems with the locals. Every area has its gangs and trouble makers. You just ain’t looking hard enough.

Love a day on the beers before a game, kick off time permitting. Saturday's 5.30 have become my new favourite!

Walk from Seven sisters, pit stop in the High Cross, couple in the beehive, pop into either Ship or Elbow Room, couple in Bluecoats and maybe the Brewers.

And if it's an early kick off we usually do the same but in reverse.

I don't think it's the greatest part of London but it's not the worst by any means. It's always had a reputation after the rioting of the 80's but there isn't significantly more crime or social disruption in Tottenham compared to other parts of London. Islington for example, despite it's trendy, leftist image, has some of the most god-awful council estates you'll ever find. As do Stoke Newington and Dalston and other areas in Hackney. Most of Tower Hamlets is a fucking sewer. Hounslow, Bermondsey, Peckham all shitholes that make Tottenham look quite good.

I get the feeling some people in this thread visit Tottenham for football then disappear back to Essex, Hertfordshire or wherever they've come from. If you really want to talk about shitty parts of London i can assure you Tottenham would not be top of that list.

Back in the early 90,s when the gentrification started of Hackney I used to visit my nan in Hackney. She would always have a copy of the Hackney Gazette.
Would make me laugh how there was always story’s of people having their Rolex ,s robbed off them, poor old Tarquin took a while to realise that Hackney still had its dangerous underbelly lol

I went Bluecoats the day after lockdown finished and it was a decent little boozer. Pricey but served up decent beer and a good service to go with it too with friendly staff.
I got chatting to the owner at the time who was a bloke who also ran somewhere in Shoreditch, Spurs fan.

To the posters who say Tottenham is a dodgy shithole, I’ve stumbled out of pubs at 1am many a time, totally blind drunk and never once got into any form of problems with the locals. Every area has its gangs and trouble makers. You just ain’t looking hard enough.
Bloody hell.

Welcome back mate.

Some no mark that hasn't set foot in London in years said it. He soon got put in place.

Don't understand why you would support Spurs if you think Tottenham is such a shithole you wouldn't want to stay for lunch.

I've admittedly never had the chance to watch Spurs live, but I lived in Shoreditch for a while and have been up to Tottenham few times. Not a big difference except there's far less bearded cap-wearing twats in Tottenham.
I'd reckon the chances of getting mugged at Brick Lane are tenfold those around whl.

Been a few years though so what do I know?

I will ask mate. Maybe she has just taken over managing it,and they still.own it. She is a Scouser.
Planning a drink up there when restrictions are properly lifted,as haven't been in there since she started.

Love a day on the beers before a game, kick off time permitting. Saturday's 5.30 have become my new favourite!

Walk from Seven sisters, pit stop in the High Cross, couple in the beehive, pop into either Ship or Elbow Room, couple in Bluecoats and maybe the Brewers.

And if it's an early kick off we usually do the same but in reverse.
Nothing like a stroll from Seven Sisters up Tottenham High Street on a Saturday late morning stopping at the Elbow Room for a few then a bagel 🥯 before going to the ground around 2.30 and paying at the turnstiles

Never again probably
Sadly

Back
Top Bottom