Tottenham (the area)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Question for those who lives in Tottenham; how has the upgrade been doing for the area? I've only visited the stadium and train station at match days, and it's hard to tell when only visiting for such a small time.
Before the development I used to visit the pubs and the kebab shops in high street and I genuinely think that was a good experience for the 'Tottenham feel' rather than just having a few beers in the stadium before and after the match.

Seeing the development plans I'm fairly impressed and I could picture myself buying one of those flats, but many have warned me about the gangs and stabbings in NL, certainly not a place to grow up kids. But I just turned thirty and living my heydays and possibly looking for something affordable in London and as a bonus close to WHL.

Its not faux its genuine fury. I have lived, worked and visted tottenham all my life. Played football as a kid on the Lordship Rec drank in its Pubs. I think its is fucking outrageous for a tottenham fan living in spain to post on a tottenham Forum that the tottenham area is "full of scum" and then to play games around what he meant. I know what you meant and everone else is tired of your toxic bollocks.
Scored my only goal for my primary school on the rec. We beat Risley Avenue 7-0.

Scored my only goal for my primary school on the rec. We beat Risley Avenue 7-0.
Won the Tottenham Cup and the Haringey Cup that year ('75). Would have won the League too, but we were bogged down with fixtures. Lost out to Coleraine in the end.
By winning the Haringey Cup you qualified for the Sydney Black Cup, which was for all the 32 London borough cup winners. We got to the semi finals, before losing to a school from Greenwich at New River. One of the most gutting experiences of my life.

Won the Tottenham Cup and the Haringey Cup that year ('75). Would have won the League too, but we were bogged down with fixtures. Lost out to Coleraine in the end.
By winning the Haringey Cup you qualified for the Sydney Black Cup, which was for all the 32 London borough cup winners. We got to the semi finals, before losing to a school from Greenwich at New River. One of the most gutting experiences of my life.
Use to run for Haringey at new river seb coe joined one of the training sessions then played football with us all after must of been about 1982.

I spent a lot of time during the original lockdown rediscovering Tottenham on a fair few of my daily walks. Some of the old buildings that i had forgot about[even though i walk past them a lot] was disgraceful. I came to the conclusion that Tottenham as a town is a beautiful old place that has had a lot of shit happen to it . You just have to look beyond the bad stuff, incredible hard at times, but possible.
My mum and dad used to go dancing in Tottenham in the 60,s, compared to Shoreditch they thought it was posh lol

It does seem like it’s been forgotten as an area for a long time

I have to say I’ve never hung around Tottenham whenever I went to games.

As soon as the game was over I’d rush to the train station to beat the crowds, and I’ve never visited the area for any other reasons than to go to the stadium.

I‘ll be honest, it doesn’t look like a neighbourhood where I’d like to go early to have lunch before the game...

I have to say I’ve never hung around Tottenham whenever I went to games.

As soon as the game was over I’d rush to the train station to beat the crowds, and I’ve never visited the area for any other reasons than to go to the stadium.

I‘ll be honest, it doesn’t look like a neighbourhood where I’d like to go early to have lunch before the game...
Part of the day/weekend of travelling down to see Spurs was spending a few hours before the game in the area, something to eat, coupon on, couple of pints and certainly a few hours afterwards in some of the local boozers, spending time with other Yids, singing and generally making a drunken arse of ourselves.

You are definitely missing out.

Having thought about it and in light of my post above, Tottenham is a cracking place where I feel right at home and it means as much to me as Spurs do.

Is it edgy? Yes, of course it is. The very same as dozens of other areas in London or anywhere else in the land.

Fucking love and miss the place though.

Part of the day/weekend of travelling down to see Spurs was spending a few hours before the game in the area, something to eat, coupon on, couple of pints and certainly a few hours afterwards in some of the local boozers, spending time with other Yids, singing and generally making a drunken arse of ourselves.

You are definitely missing out.
I try not to drink during the day as a way of controlling how much I drink... pubs are a no go area for me before 9pm.

:pochcry:

Back
Top Bottom