Tottenham (the area)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I still consider myself a Bethnal Green girl, although I only lived there between the ages of 11 and 19. But I consider Tottenham as where my heart is, because of The Club. Love that comment about four grounds, one post code.
Just as an aside, a friend sent me a Christmas card with the wrong post code on it - 0AP. Made me giggle as I am retiring at the end of the month......and 0AP is the second part of THFC postcode too, spooky :)

Who else is Totters based? I’ve lived by Bruce Grove for past couple of years and it’s alright! I’m from Palmers Green originally and had an image of Tottenham as a crime infested place but it’s actually pretty chill. I’ve seen no crime at all whilst living here, which was much more prevalent in South London (Peckham/New Cross Gate) where I was based previously.
There is a spread of gentrification here (no doubt I’m part of that) but it’s slooooooooow and is presumably awaiting the large number of apartments being developed around Tottenham Hale Station.

Got some decent clubs in The Cause and 5 Miles and decent cafes with Craving Coffee and With Milk. Nice trickle of new pubs now open here too (High Cross, Bluecoats, The Palm). I have a beer taproom 20 seconds away from my home. The Post Bar has banging live music on a weekend. Walthamstow Wetlands area is a nice weekend visit and is basically Tottenham based (the main hub at least). I rate the pizza at True Craft though the area is still in decent need of some good restaurants...

Lets not forget the quality transport links here aswell - TWO Victoria Line stations in Totters which is clearly the neatest/quickest tube line of the lot. Don’t slate it!! :mourbringit:

Sounds like you're definitely part of the gentrification, or you're on the wind-up.

"Totters" :mourcry:.

Have you lived in a Kent coastal town?
I have lived in a few, and several places in London too.
In the years I lived in London I saw far more crime per year compared with Kent coastal towns.
Have also lived in Barcelona, Finland and Western Australia. London again wins hands down for visible crime.

Though I would expect London to have less violent crime and poverty compared with the developing world, whilst generally being a more desirable place to live too.
Sounds like you need to try living in nicer places if you think Tottenham is the best place on offer!
Firstly you can't have read a word I said. That's cool but why answer directly. I have lived and worked in said coastal towns unlike some I speak from personal experience only. Perhaps your bubble is more middle class than mine. Per capita head i saw more crime and poverty in said towns than N17. I was married to a health visitor I know the metrics regards poverty educational attainment ect. To the eternal shame of quite a few governments, some of those costal communities have been utterly abandoned. Be as facetious as you like , it don't change the reality. I'll not start bragging about places I own property because guess what that would be different thread.

I still consider myself a Bethnal Green girl, although I only lived there between the ages of 11 and 19. But I consider Tottenham as where my heart is, because of The Club. Love that comment about four grounds, one post code.
Just as an aside, a friend sent me a Christmas card with the wrong post code on it - 0AP. Made me giggle as I am retiring at the end of the month......and 0AP is the second part of THFC postcode too, spooky :)

I used to enjoy The Shakespeare pub when I lived in Bethnal, you too?

Thought it was a proper Spurs establishment but I still remember all the cheers when we couldn’t beat West Brom in our title push season in 15/16. Surely must’ve been newbies to the area?? Put me off going back...

Firstly you can't have read a word I said. That's cool but why answer directly. I have lived and worked in said coastal towns unlike some I speak from personal experience only. Perhaps your bubble is more middle class than mine. Per capita head i saw more crime and poverty in said towns than N17. I was married to a health visitor I know the metrics regards poverty educational attainment ect. To the eternal shame of quite a few governments, some of those costal communities have been utterly abandoned. Be as facetious as you like , it don't change the reality. I'll not start bragging about places I own property because guess what that would be different thread.
I'm with you.

My travels with work have taken me all over the country over the years.

Levels of deprivation in some places you wouldn't necessarily expect is beyond belief. That's not to say Tottenham doesn't have a crime problem, of course it does but it's largely a very different kind of problem.

It's only through personal experience but I think I would feel safer walking about in Tottenham than I would in parts of coastal Lincolnshire for example.

Lived in Tottenham literally all my life.
Just off Lordship Lane. Has been a conservation area since the late 70's.
Tower Gardens area? Yea houses are real pretty that end, far nicer than where we’re based.

Got a mate who lives there opposite Lordship Rec. A nice house but apparently they have a regular stream of crack users lighting up on their doorstep!!

Tower Gardens is a very similar design /layout to the Noel Park estate in Wood Green.Though the latter is looked after better.
correction
i meant Tower gardens is looked after better.

Last edited:
Tower Gardens area? Yea houses are real pretty that end, far nicer than where we’re based.

Got a mate who lives there opposite Lordship Rec. A nice house but apparently they have a regular stream of crack users lighting up on their doorstep!!
Must be the maisonettes. Just sheer pot luck really, which neighbours you get.

Thought it was a proper Spurs establishment but I still remember all the cheers when we couldn’t beat West Brom in our title push season in 15/16. Surely must’ve been newbies to the area?? Put me off going back...
I only went in there a couple of times, one New Year's Eve and another time around Easter with a bunch of girls, we weŕe nearly all Spurs and had a great time in there. But was never a regular haunt.

We've not won many games i've watched in there.
I've also noticed more cheering and spouting off against us in more recent times, it seems to be a younger lot who support our other rivals.
Once before a game a few years ago these wankers bowled in invading my space by the screen, then started chatting shit about Spurs, i had a quiet word in the ear of one of them(the mouthiest one), next thing you know a group of yids(some well known faces) walked in and the young idiots shut the fuck up and soon left.
Not as good as it used to be(where is these days), but at least it's still a locals boozer and not a posh cunt gaff.

Yes I'm aware of that but not to the point that there are 2 gangs in the same area actively 'beefing. The usual postcode wars is in every Borough i know.
North London is weird and hard to keep up with re: gang wars.

Park Lane & Broadwater farm used to be allies. Then not so much after the 2 went out on a ride and one BWF guy left a PL guy behind who got stabbed. Years later a guy named Kobe who was affiliated with both got killed and it brought the 2 gangs together.

Until a year or 2 back when when ofb (broadwater farm) & sin squad (park lane) killed a guy from wood green called kamali I believe and when they got caught the 2 gangs turned on each other (accusations of snitching).

Fast forward now, park lane are now cool with turnpike lane and together beefing broadwater farm. Broadwater farm still have beef with woodgreen and edmonton.
Park Lane are still beefing wood green but wood green are cool with tpl lol.
Crazy kids.

It's a dangerous area particularly if you're a young ethnic male.

You want to live where I do in the badlands of Essex, our local m n s foodhall sold out of its specialty stuffing, they had had to call in the TSG to sort it out

Zimmerframes through windows and everything

You want to live where I do in the badlands of Essex, our local m n s food hall sold out of its specialty stuffing, they had had to call in the TSG to sort it out

Zimmer frames through windows and everything
You reminded me of a bust up between 2 frail looking flat-capped old boys in the pub a few years ago. After the verbals they started hitting each other with their walking sticks.

North London is weird and hard to keep up with re: gang wars.

Park Lane & Broadwater farm used to be allies. Then not so much after the 2 went out on a ride and one BWF guy left a PL guy behind who got stabbed. Years later a guy named Kobe who was affiliated with both got killed and it brought the 2 gangs together.

Until a year or 2 back when when ofb (broadwater farm) & sin squad (park lane) killed a guy from wood green called kamali I believe and when they got caught the 2 gangs turned on each other (accusations of snitching).

Fast forward now, park lane are now cool with turnpike lane and together beefing broadwater farm. Broadwater farm still have beef with woodgreen and edmonton.
Park Lane are still beefing wood green but wood green are cool with tpl lol.
Crazy kids.

It's a dangerous area particularly if you're a young ethnic male.
When you say Park lane, do you mean Northumberland park (NPK )

Back
Top Bottom