Tottenham v Man Utd (Friday, June 19th)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think he means wide right, like not on the right of a midfield 3 but actually on the right of the front 3. Dropping back to cover aurier when he pushes up there?
I think Mourinho sees Sissoko playing there depending on the game. At Chelsea he used Ramires in that role. However, without Dele Ali, I don´t think it´s the case. I think we are playing a 4-3-3 tomorrow, with Sissoko on the right of a midfield 3.

I think Mourinho sees Sissoko playing there depending on the game. At Chelsea he used Ramires in that role. However, without Dele Ali, I don´t think it´s the case. I think we are playing a 4-3-3 tomorrow, with Sissoko on the right of a midfield 3.

No Dele or Lo Celso will leave us utterly devoid of creativity through the middle.

Would be nice to have two grafting CM's around Ndombele pulling the strings, but I wouldn't want to reward Ndombele with starts if he's not shown any significant progress towards getting physically fit.

On the other hand, any combination of Winks, Sissoko, Gedson, and Skipp seems outmatched for the task tomorrow.

Guessing Jose will probably go with Winks, Dier and Sissoko in a midfield 3, with Dier in the central holding role.

Wish we could get Skipp more games- he seems like he could actually rise to the level of being a top 6 CDM- but it'll never happen unless he gets enough top level games.

I think Ndombele will play, exactly due to the fact that we won't have Dele Ali or Lo Celso. Winks-Ndombele-Sissoko in a 4-3-3 would be my guess. Another possibility is Dier-Winks-Ndombele, with Sissoko playing as a right-winger.

I think Ndombele will play, exactly due to the fact that we won't have Dele Ali or Lo Celso. Winks-Ndombele-Sissoko in a 4-3-3 would be my guess. Another possibility is Dier-Winks-Ndombele, with Sissoko playing as a right-winger.

Both Winks and Ndombele are unfit for a holding role in CM. I guess that doesn't mean Mou wouldn't try it one more time though.

If we went 4-2-3-1 with Winks and Sissoko in the CM 2 and Ndombele in the CAM I could see it working.

Your latter option makes more sense and I could see it happening tomorrow.
Would be interesting if Bergwijn or Lucas didn't start at RW. Would say a lot about Mou's opinion of the squad.

If we are parking the bus against United at home it doesn't really speak well towards being able to challenge for the title next year does it?

Anyone seen the leaked United line-up?

De Gea
Lindelof - Maguire - Shaw
AWB - Fred - McTominay - Williams
Bruno
Martial - Rashford
Think Pogba will start personally.

Both Winks and Ndombele are unfit for a holding role in CM. I guess that doesn't mean Mou wouldn't try it one more time though.

If we went 4-2-3-1 with Winks and Sissoko in the CM 2 and Ndombele in the CAM I could see it working.

Your latter option makes more sense and I could see it happening tomorrow.
Would be interesting if Bergwijn or Lucas didn't start at RW. Would say a lot about Mou's opinion of the squad.

If we are parking the bus against United at home it doesn't really speak well towards being able to challenge for the title next year does it?
I agree with almost everything you said. But it's still a long way to go. We are in better conditions than we were before the break, but it's still not his team, and the players - of both sides - won't be anywhere near their best conditions.

De Gea
Bruno
Martial - Rashford

Geez are they really so unconfident as to put out that kind of a defensive formation?
I would have thought 4-3-3 with McTominay or Fred holding, Pogba/Bruno occupying the CM2 and Lingard/Martial/Rashford in the front three.
I'd be way more worried about them overwhelming us in attack than stifling us with a rigid defense.

De Gea
Bruno
Martial - Rashford

Seems like his PR team think he’s starting :harryhmm:

to be honest though that leaked line up is similar to what they have use in most big games this season, and they have won almost all of them.

So other teams don’t fear son and Kane?
I hear and read a lot of people joking about Spurs but the one caveat they do always make is something like "their front two is world class/fantastic/fearsome/etc.". So, ultimately, I'd agree: Kane and Son are the only part of the club that still command almost universal respect, caution and - yes - fear.

(Whether that applies to the opposing players with whom they share a pitch, I don't think any of us are in a position to say with any authority, but I suspect so. Kane has given some defenders PTSD over the years. RIP Lovren.)

I hear and read a lot of people joking about Spurs but the one caveat they do always make is something like "their front two is world class/fantastic/fearsome/etc.". So, ultimately, I'd agree: Kane and Son are the only part of the club that still command almost universal respect, caution and - yes - fear.

(Whether that applies to the opposing players with whom they share a pitch, I don't think any of us are in a position to say with any authority, but I suspect so. Kane has given some defenders PTSD over the years. RIP Lovren.)

Kane and Son are genuinely formidable players that any team would be happy to have. After that we have players like Dele and Moura who can be incredible on their day, and Ndombele who I still think has a lot of potential.

Beyond that we look shaky. The other players don’t need to be world class, but if they’re well drilled we can make the most of what is still one of the best attacks in the world.

Slowly getting excited....

RdZO.gif

GLC gonna feel good in the morning.

Son - Kane - Bergwijn
Ndombele - Lo Celso - Sissoko
Davies - Sanchez - Toby - Aurier
Lloris

That line up wins.

Back
Top Bottom