Tottenham v. Manchester City (Sun Aug. 15 16:30 BST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons

Shame City weren't that shit in the cup final. They do have a feel of a team in a slump.

De Bruyne for them is what Gerrard was for Liverpool for years. They aren't half the team when he's not on the pitch and in that aspect today we got lucky. Grealish is a good player but I don't see him as a City player. They would have been better off signing Harvey Barnes, in my opinion, the way they play.

But fuck them. Today was great and it could be even better with a couple more signings on the horizon, fingers crossed.

This. Everyone who played was full of it … we looked like we was blowing out our collective arses last year

that was a slick looking Tottenham side
It was the effort and will to win I liked

Even Sanchez and Dier

Plenty of work yet but a great start

From the fans to the players and Nuno - what a proud day. Amazing atmosphere throughout. Pure effort and focus from the team. Calm, mature and entertaining. Genuinely feel emotional. The stadium came of age today. Guess I’m going to be poorer for some time yet.

Up The MF Spurs!

Ratings: 10/10 for everyone except Lucas, who gets 10,000,000/10.

Yids!
100% - was a brave and gutsy performance. Boys done us proud, more of the same. Fucking brilliant

Get the fuck in.

I know this was a good time to play City, and they are not at full strength for personnel and form, and they are obviously weakened by having that overhyped wankhorn Grealish in there, but of the last few home wins against City, that was easily the best performance, I’m just gutted we didn’t make more of the many good situations we had.

That was the worst City performance I’ve seen against us.

It would round things off nicely if we could fleece them for 140 million smelladeenies for the ghost of Harry Kane, go and buy a couple of decent footballers, as we’ve seen a hint of today, it doesn’t have to be the death of us.

I like this 433 and the way we applied it, just think we could upgrade a couple of components.

Back
Top Bottom