Tottenham v. Manchester City (Sun Aug. 15 16:30 BST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All this partisan BS is boring.

It's perfectly acceptable to be delighted that we were brilliant and the formerly drossy players did excellent - all while still remembering that we were very lucky as well.

Enjoy the footy, already
You didn’t watch the match did you? You’re the only one with a partisan BS point of view.

You like ice hockey?

Not bad.... Prefer Curling tbh...... Iggy promised me we can practice with his cats(*) after the game.

TBjRSKy.gif

(*Apparently it's more fun that way + you can re-use them unlike when you drown them for fun.)

It was a truly brilliant performance and result. Also when you consider the Harry Kane fiasco hanging over our heads. Absolutely brilliant. But, this doesn’t mean this current team are good enough. We still need to work on that defence and 1000000% need another top goal scorer even if Harry stays. That Bergwijn miss could of cost us today. It didn’t and I am so grateful we battled like warriors, but let’s not get ahead ourselves here, we need to do plenty of work in the window still. Nuno extremely likeable too by the way.

All this partisan BS is boring.

It's perfectly acceptable to be delighted that we were brilliant and the formerly drossy players did excellent - all while still remembering that we were very lucky as well.

Enjoy the footy, already
We weren't "very lucky", we were the best football team for 75 of the 90 minutes.

If you watched the game, as you claimed, how could you possibly think e we were lucky? We were outstanding in the second half, and even in those first 15 minutes, our defence was outstanding, Dier and Sanchez were brilliant throughout, after a shaky start Skipp was ace, PEH was brilliant for 90 minutes...

What on earth do you want against The Best Football Team Ever?

We weren't "very lucky", we were the best football team for 75 of the 90 minutes.

If you watched the game, as you claimed, how could you possibly think e we were lucky? We were outstanding in the second half, and even in those first 15 minutes, our defence was outstanding, Dier and Sanchez were brilliant throughout, after a shaky start Skipp was ace, PEH was brilliant for 90 minutes...

What on earth do you want against The Best Football Team Ever?
And this post doesn’t even need to mention the outstanding Japhet Tanganga. Or Moura. Or Son. Dele had a really solid game. But no. We were lucky.
:nunofacepalm:

Last edited:
Something even the most depressive can take a modicum of joy from... Go on, wallowing in misery can't be good for you...

Wasn't it amazing to hear the stadium in full roar? Credit to all you that were there, for us watching on the telly it made the hairs stand up on our arms

It was a truly brilliant performance and result. Also when you consider the Harry Kane fiasco hanging over our heads. Absolutely brilliant. But, this doesn’t mean this current team are good enough. We still need to work on that defence and 1000000% need another top goal scorer even if Harry stays. That Bergwijn miss could of cost us today. It didn’t and I am so grateful we battled like warriors, but let’s not get ahead ourselves here, we need to do plenty of work in the window still. Nuno extremely likeable too by the way.
think we looked better once gio came on in terms of actual quality on the ball through the middle.

nuno defo grown on me. very likeable bloke

And this post doesn’t even mention the outstanding Japhet Tanganga. Or Moura. Or Son. Dele had a really solid game. But no. We were lucky.
:nunofacepalm:
Have you seen the Grauniad write-up? Doesn't mention Tanga once. Despite Neville, who knows a thing or two about playing right back giving him man of the match and waxing lyrically about his performance.

It was as good a defensive right back game as I have seen, against the best possible opposition. I was on my feet and applauding 1000 miles away when he went off, amazing 82 minutes.

Or perhaps he and us were just lucky, as you say

:pochunimpressed:

I disagree that it is impossible to make an informed decision without seeing them on the pitch.
But surely more informed if you’ve seen them on the pitch and on TV as I have?

Back
Top Bottom