Tottenham v. Manchester City (Sun Aug. 15 16:30 BST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it is pretty clear what my point is we are lucky to have won.
We played the champions with a team that played mostly last season minus our best player cos he’s got his head up his own arse they’ve just signed a player for a100million (worth it time will tell) + umpteen other multi-millionaire superstars we had couple academy players and with the exception of Son a team of honest hard working pros that earned their luck and if that’s what it takes for us to win I’ll take that every game.

What I don't understand is how some of our so called fans on this forum and so keen to pour misery on a really good team performance.

Yes city could have scored more and at times had a good bit of possession but we had more good opportunities to score as well - this is football. Sometimes the best team wins, sometimes the team with the least possession wins, sometimes you take your chances, play well as a team and ride your luck a little. This is football, this happens and we have been on the receiving end plenty of times.

Not saying we are going to win the league with this but from where we were the end of last season with seemingly no passion, no plan, no desire - enjoy the performance today you miserable gits.
Haters gonna hate, cu*ts gonna cun* etc etc

Last edited:
We played the champions with a team that played mostly last season minus our best player cos he’s got his head up his own arse they’ve just signed a player for a100million (worth it time will tell) + umpteen other multi-millionaire superstars we had couple academy players and with the exception of Son a team of honest hard working pros that earned their luck and if that’s what it takes for us to win I’ll take that every game.

I don't disagree with the last line although not sure about much of the stuff that comes before it.

Quoted on accident.... :mourhandlaugh:
Another one who can't just enjoy the win and has to try and prove a point. Everyone played out of their skins today but if you think that CB pairing is going to bring us any lasting success you are deluded.

They both made dozens of mistakes last season that cost us goals and will do so again this season guaran-fucking-teed.

We still need players, now can I enjoy the win or is some other smarm merchant going to chirp up on some desperate points scoring exercise?

Some people are begging for it.

Some people spout shit on here all week long.
I'm just happy we won. It's like those moments when your at a match and when a goal goes in you instinctively hug and dance with the complete stranger beside you.
You don't stop to discuss your differences you just enjoy the thrill of victory together.

On the train home, knackered but ecstatic (nothing to do with the THREE vodkas I had before the game). I love my new seat, you can really see the effort the players put in to the game. I thought that was a real team effort, everybody played their part and would feel it unfair to pick out a MOTM. Having said that - Japhet I love you :). What an atmosphere. Are you watching Harry Kane?

Maybe I’m

I came at this very much the same, didn’t want Nuno (and a couple of good results like this isn’t going to change that) didn’t expect much today but I actually found myself enjoying this game despite myself.

What it felt like to me - eyes and gut - was that we had more situations (although we still bumbled most of them) but we had more because we were more aggressive and win the ball more, especially in the midfield zone, as opposed to those games under Mou where we’d were totally passive and lacked aggression, or desire to impose ourselves.

I really think that 433 with 3 in midfield helped that today, instead of playing two fucking bollards who just sink in between 3 cb’s. To form a back 7.

We actually had a midfield today in both directions, even if it was still flawed.
Skipp showed more bite and fight in 1 game than Winks has in like 3 years. Looking forward to seeing more though I would hope (if we are trying to set players up for success) that we would still bring in someone.

Do hope Ndom gets his thumb out and recognizes what is going on around him ie he's gonna have to give more effort. He did look in shape in a video posted but he must not be applying himself. Think GLC will be taking one of those MF positions though.

God it was so much better viewing than the shit we've been getting served up. A few more games like this and I might start looking forward to the weekends again instead of "shit, I gotta watch Spurs this wknd" like I was doing with Mou. Thankfully, I've got OL and Bosz to fill that role.

This did
3326.jpg
I thought that was a great example of him cutting in from out. I’d like him to have been doing that all game.

I just think that it puts him in so much space to take advantage of his dynamism and threat. Another bonus is his movement frees up the middle for Lucas to attack through.

I don’t want Moura anywhere near the middle, it’s too confusing for him.

Not too sure he provided much physical presence in his time there either. But my fear is putting Son and Moura in more defined roles would see Moura going back to his less influential self. If he can't attack the middle then he is of less benefit. In my mind Dele would clog that area just like Harry.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s just a temporary solution, as we have no one else to play that role until we offload Kane and bring someone in.

I'm just happy we won. It's like those moments when your at a match and when a goal goes in you instinctively hug and dance with the complete stranger beside you.
You don't stop to discuss your differences you just enjoy the thrill of victory together.
I'm delighted with the win, wasn't happy with the team Nuno was forced into selecting but every one of them played out of their skins today.

Some people can't even enjoy a win against City for five minutes without trying to score a point. So many try hards on here, I just find them baffling and kind of sad.

Back
Top Bottom