Tottenham v. Manchester City (Sun Aug. 15 16:30 BST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What I don't understand is how some of our so called fans on this forum and so keen to pour misery on a really good team performance.

Yes city could have scored more and at times had a good bit of possession but we had more good opportunities to score as well - this is football. Sometimes the best team wins, sometimes the team with the least possession wins, sometimes you take your chances, play well as a team and ride your luck a little. This is football, this happens and we have been on the receiving end plenty of times.

Not saying we are going to win the league with this but from where we were the end of last season with seemingly no passion, no plan, no desire - enjoy the performance today you miserable gits.
I agree. What's the song title "Only Happy When It Rains"? If you can't enjoy this win what can you enjoy? It was bright, alert football from start to finish. Sure, Spurs got a break or two but isn't that what normally happens every game to one team or both? And Man City was fortunate that Bergwyn's shot went wide or it would have been two nil and a much different contest. Plus, there was the chance in front of the goal that Dele couldn't cash in. Luck wasn't the story. The real difference was that Nuno came out with a defensive formation in midfield that Pep never found an answer for and Tangaga bested Grealish. Spurs had energy and moved to the ball and Man City didn't. Best team (today) won.

The City team that has won multiple titles, trophies and had massive success.

Is there another City team that I am missing?
Your saying that city would beat us 6-0 if they were at full strength

I'm saying at home, city hasn't beaten us in the last 4 attempts. They lost all 4.

In fact hasn't even scored a goal against us in the last 4 home games.

6-0 gotcha mate

No need to spend now!

Locked Away 3D GIF by Woodblock

:levystare:

Sky are desperate for Kane to goto City. Bunch of out of touch money men these pundits.

They should be condemning City, not applauding them.
I just don't get these pundits....... Any real football fan would be appalled by what this disgraceful club and outfit are doing........ Yet the Sky Sports Twats are forever in admiration of them.

Clubs like City are the absolute worst thing to happen to modern day football.

I thought that was a great example of him cutting in from out. I’d like him to have been doing that all game.
Yes, and my point is that when the ball gets transitioned he can choose which side to split out to thus causing the opponent a little stress since he can go with either foot.
I don’t want Moura anywhere near the middle, it’s too confusing for him.
Not stationed there but driving with the ball through the middle. It wreaks havoc.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s just a temporary solution, as we have no one else to play that role until we offload Kane and bring someone in.
I gotcha. Did you watch the Bayern-BMG game (yet?)? RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK has found a new love interest. I'm watching one of his previous flames in the OM game.

edit: shit, missed a goal responding to you.

Your saying that city would beat us 6-0 if they were at full strength

I'm saying at home, city hasn't beaten us in the last 4 attempts. They lost all 4.

In fact hasn't even scored a goal against us in the last 4 home games.

6-0 gotcha mate

Yes that is what I am saying.

What happened in the past is the past, the teams have different players now.

That was a really good team performance today, hard-working and organised with a bit of quality from Son when it mattered.

I really hope we tell City to fuck off and we keep Kane. They really need him and with Nuno's organisation, our new centre-half to come into the team then we'd look much better than last season. If we put Kane where Son was today, Son where Bergwijn was and then Lucas in the same spot, with Bergwijn/Gil off the bench, we'd be looking good upfront.

I think the midfield 3 of Dele-Skipp-Hojbjerg is pretty good, they work their bollocks off and all get stuck in. They did well today, the 3 of them.

Sanchez was excellent, might be his best game in a Spurs shirt. Dier was solid with him too. Tanganga did well and Reg played a disciplined game today, which was encouraging.

Nuno got his tactics spot on, city were under par and we deserved the win. Great start to the season!

I'm just happy we won. It's like those moments when your at a match and when a goal goes in you instinctively hug and dance with the complete stranger beside you.
You don't stop to discuss your differences you just enjoy the thrill of victory together.
Yea but in fairness you're the last person to tell us how to behave.

You twist everything to anti ENIC and if anyone says anything remotely positive then you christen them a Levy lover so you have to expect some back at moments like this.

The fact is ENIC have done good and bad.
Recruitment has been good and bad.
We'll play well and lose.
We'll play shit and win.

That's football. Some of us don't let the bad times affect us too much and we love enjoying these moments.

It's all about nuance and you allow none against ur anti ENIC agenda. Dish out a bit less bile and this place will be able to celebrate together.

And today the team was exceptional all over the pitch. I’m in dreamland right now. Refocus for the next game but the spirit, fitness and passion was there for all to see. Big shout to the fans in the stadium today. Sounded amazing - even with Neville’s droning commentary.

Can't f'kin wait for Thursday now...

- Romero, Goll & Gil can all debut
- Start for Gio
- Maybe some action from Scarlet & Devine.
- Winksy gliding round the pitch like a maestro..... ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom