Tottenham v. Manchester City (Sun Aug. 15 16:30 BST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Superb stuff today. So much energy, desire, tenacity out there from everyone. No one put a foot wrong really (one dodgy bit from Lloris aside), even the Chuckle Brothers at the back were solid. Thought Tanganga and Moura were sensational. Loved how we kept playing and driving forward instead of Jose's let's-sit-deep-and-hope-to-see-it-out approach.

Really didn't expect it given our teamsheet but goes to show what a collective effort can do.

It's only one game, but a real lift which everyone from the manager to the fans needed. COYS!

(And a great weekend all round for those Woolwich wankers!)

You are free to have you opinion. Greaves certainly was great and you will get no argument from me if in your opinion he is the best.
So you actually saw Greavsie live while in a stadium then or are you relying on old newsreels?

This did
3326.jpg

I just think that it puts him in so much space to take advantage of his dynamism and threat. Another bonus is his movement frees up the middle for Lucas to attack through.

Not too sure he provided much physical presence in his time there either. But my fear is putting Son and Moura in more defined roles would see Moura going back to his less influential self. If he can't attack the middle then he is of less benefit. In my mind Dele would clog that area just like Harry.

You make a compelling argument Monsieur. Sold!

Nothing. Said I was gonna sit back and not get to taken by the proceedings and get an idea of Nuno's game, new players, etc. didn't work. Tanganga put in a tackle and I was sucked in. The fucking effort, the fight (everyone). Exactly the performance to exorcise the memory of Mou's turgid nonsense and exactly the team to bring it out of us. Beyond that it was all emotional for me, no analysis.

I came at this very much the same, didn’t want Nuno (and a couple of good results like this isn’t going to change that) didn’t expect much today but I actually found myself enjoying this game despite myself.

What it felt like to me - eyes and gut - was that we had more situations (although we still bumbled most of them) but we had more because we were more aggressive and won the ball more, and more second ball, especially in the midfield zone, as opposed to those games under Mou where we’d were totally passive and lacked aggression, or desire to impose ourselves.

I really think that 433 with 3 in midfield helped that today, instead of playing two fucking bollards who just sink in between 3 cb’s. To form a back 7.

We actually had a midfield today in both directions, even if it was still flawed.

Last edited:
You are such a bellend Pete, "correctly stating", but you've only ever heard of them?

Kane is a superb striker, no doubt about it, but Greaves is the greatest striker this country has EVER produced.

Hoddle was one of the top 3 midfielders in the World at a time when both Maradona and Platini were playing.

You may have "heard" of them, some of us saw them play.

You seem to get off at n taking a contrary standpoint to the majority.

Simply put, you're a troll.

Go back to ice hockey, you haven't got a scooby what you're talking about where this game is concerned.

Wrong as usual

But keep resorting to pathetic insults and insults based on nationality it shows the kind of person you are.

Loved it, forgotten what its like to be abused by city fans who are 2 rows away from you, apparebtly the city fans wad meant to have been waiting outside for me... well they never got near me, annoyed that block 113 is now a sitting block apart from when we are near to scoring, as enjoyed standing back in old WHL , seven sisters was avit of a joke was all held back but i walked in the road and joined the queue outside the station so skipped thousands of fans waiting just by walking in road , nevermind was great and loved the day out

Back
Top Bottom